*Rumor* Skybus starting service to ILG in March

lightfxboy

May 4, 2006
Claymont, DE
Visit site
Got to work today and heard a strong rumor that Skybus will begin service at ILG (New Castle/Wilmington, DE) with one flight a day to CMH on March 7, 2008. They eventually want to build up to six flights a day. A press release is supposed to be made available on January 9, 2008.

Hopefully if this rumor is true, they will start their marketing as soon as the service is announced.

The Columbus Dispatch reported today that Skybus plans on launching new routes, which were leaked by TheAirDB this week. The new routes are:

CMH-IAG (Buffalo/Toronto area)
CMH-ILG (Philly area)
GSO-ILG
GSO-GYY (Chicago area)

It's good to see ILG get air service back.

Live in GSO area and just heard the NEW FLIGHTS on TV. PHL to New Castle is 28-29 Miles. So I checked www.skybus.com they are also going to offer service CMH-NIAGRA FALLS INTERNATIONAL. but from there to TORONTO which they are advertising is 85 miles. With their DEC problems and reading that they are not offering any connections flights, not baggage connection, so if you are trying to fly via GSO or CMH and you miss a flight you might get stuck several days. Sounds like a mess to ME.

I worked for a number of years @ IAG, commercial service comes and goes, never really took off. Am not sure if anyone operates out of there now...

Latest posts

Back