Rumor - Tulsa loses Omni-Air Contract Work

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Latest rumor floating before end of shift today.

Omni-Air rep makes his way up to the tail dock, looking around he views many unproductive mechanics on the dock. Demands that labor hours of the unproductives be removed from contract invoice.

In the end, Onmi-Air announces no more aircraft coming into Tulsa AA hangars.

Now this is just a rumor, but given management's attitude late in the week, something sure happened and it ain't pretty. :shock:

Whatever happened to the big TWU defenders claim that we saved 12,000 jobs and three maintenance bases with the industry leading concessions?

Where are those big Industrial Unionist of late?

Have they had a change of heart?

Not to worry though...
The latest TWU T-shirt slogan will save us all!

World Class Maintenance

Future Worth Fighting For

As if there has ever been an ounce of "fight" in the TWU.

Rolling on the Floor Laughing everytime I see the new shirt.

Oh, and don't forget, you can trust Carmine Romano. He is your financial partner. Never mind that he was one of the 46 recipients of the SERP. He is your friend and should be trusted with your financial future!

<_< ---- Hey informer! Does someone in the TWU own a "T" shirt shop? We've got them here too! I've got a few slogans I'd like to see on them,but they wouldn't be "politically correct"! :p

<_< ---- Hey informer! Does someone in the TWU own a "T" shirt shop? We've got them here too! I've got a few slogans I'd like to see on them,but they wouldn't be "politically correct"! :p

I think a "relative" owns the t-shirt shop, that's why the hefty price tag on shirts and hats.

Kickbacks are just as important as the slogan.

Latest rumor floating before end of shift today.

Omni-Air rep makes his way up to the tail dock, looking around he views many unproductive mechanics on the dock. Demands that labor hours of the unproductives be removed from contract invoice.

In the end, Onmi-Air announces no more aircraft coming into Tulsa AA hangars.

Now this is just a rumor, but given management's attitude late in the week, something sure happened and it ain't pretty. :shock:

I hope Omni Air never comes back to AA.Contact maintenance is a pain in the ass and the customers are ALWAYS looking for free or discounted labor on their aircraft.That is why they do not perform the maintenance themselfs.It is difficult to "negoiate" a discount from yourself so they stick it to unsuspecting 3rd party maintenance providers.

Did anyone in AA management have the guts to tell the customer that the employees were completed with their assigned job and waiting for the avionics functional checks to be completed?

I hope Omni Air never comes back to AA.Contact maintenance is a pain in the ass and the customers are ALWAYS looking for free or discounted labor on their aircraft.That is why they do not perform the maintenance themselfs.It is difficult to "negoiate" a discount from yourself so they stick it to unsuspecting 3rd party maintenance providers.

Did anyone in AA management have the guts to tell the customer that the employees were completed with their assigned job and waiting for the avionics functional checks to be completed?

But without the contract maintenance, you will no longer be lucky to have a job brother.

shouldn't matter if 300 were standing around, the contract is piece work isn't it? they are paying a fixed price for service not an open ended bill.

Well maybe you will get your "wish" and the contract maintenance will go away. Shortly there after you will get a pink slip.

Well maybe you will get your "wish" and the contract maintenance will go away. Shortly there after you will get a pink slip.

4 or 5 aircraft are not going to save any jobs.

TULE is already overmanned by at least 750 mechanics and related and the cuts are coming contract work or no contract work.

Now if AA lost a contract like Fed Ex that could put a dent in layoff numbers.
Omni Air=good ridance

P.S.If I get a pink slip then maybe I'll bump you out of your job[Brother!]

4 or 5 aircraft are not going to save any jobs.

TULE is already overmanned by at least 750 mechanics and related and the cuts are coming contract work or no contract work.

Now if AA lost a contract like Fed Ex that could put a dent in layoff numbers.
Omni Air=good ridance

P.S.If I get a pink slip then maybe I'll bump you out of your job[Brother!]

Seems logical to say that all these little contracts you so easily dimiss add up do they not. And if they start going away it will start to "add up". And I really take pity on you if you somehow derive pleasure from the thought of bumping someone out of their job.

Seems logical to say that all these little contracts you so easily dimiss add up do they not. And if they start going away it will start to "add up". And I really take pity on you if you somehow derive pleasure from the thought of bumping someone out of their job.

Hey,you're the one who brought up the pink slip issue.
I pity anyone who is afraid of losing a few contact labor jobs that aren't that valuable anyway and will not save any significant number of jobs.

Latest posts