S - T - R - I - K - E ! ! ! This word speaks Volumes !

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Congratulations to the Chicago Teacher Union for having the BALLS to STOP Working !

While it is unfortunate that the kids are caught in the middle, A Major League STRIKE is loooong overdue in this country, and long overdue for whats left of the US Labor Movement.

AND, let me address a question I'm sure to be asked. (It will go something like this)
" Well since B O is from Chicago, and Mayor Emmanuel is a Democrat, this could hurt B O and possibly cost him the election ". (And my answer would be, believe it or not)
So be it ! !

In my view, Nothing is more Important than for the Unions in this country to go on STRIKE to effect change ! If the taxpayers don't like having to pay a bit more in taxes for a new and "improved" contract, than TOUGH SHIIT. MOVE OUT of the City then !

Harsh words I'll agree, but organaized labor has been like a toothless Tiger for too DAM long in the good ol' USA. Maybe other Unions, public and/or private will WAKE T-F UP !

Emmanuel is a bully that simply overreached. Good on the teachers for pushing back. IMO, it's a great lesson for them to be learning. For too long, we've been sending the tacit message that it's okay for workers in this country to be beaten down and take what they can get. Showing them that standing up for what's right is a good thing, and I hope to see more families support that by joining the ones already walking the line w/the teachers.

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Emmanuel is a bully that simply overreached. Good on the teachers for pushing back. IMO, it's a great lesson for kids to be learning. For too long, we've been sending the tacit message that it's okay for workers in this country to be beaten down and to settle for what's thrown their way. Showing them that standing up for what's right is a good thing, and I hope to see more families support that by joining the ones already walking the line w/the teachers.[/background]

Bottom line is can near bankrupt Illinois/Chi-town afford it?
Straw that broke the camels back?

Illinois can't afford it. The teachers have always been in denial.

Brilliant move by Paul Ryan, supporting Rahm:

"Where does President Obama stand?" Ryan asked. "Does he stand with his former Chief of Staff Mayor Rahm Emanuel -- with the children and the parents, or does he stand with the union? On issues like this, we need to speak out and be really clear. In a Romney-Ryan administration we will not be ambiguous, we will stand with education reform, we will champion bipartisan education reforms."

He added: "This is a critical lynchpin to the future of our country, to our economy, to make sure that our children go to the best possible school, and that education reforms revolve around the parents and the child, not the special interest group. This is something that's critical for all of us."

Mr. Obama has not directly addressed the Chicago strike, but he has both supported unions in the past and supported policies that upset them. On Monday, Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt mocked Romney's newfound status as Chicago's "biggest cheerleader after attacking it for the past year" and for "apparently believ[ing] that fewer teachers and larger classrooms is the solution to education challenges."
p

So we have the Obama campaign mocking Ryan and Romney, yet they're not taking a position. Sounds to me like they're on labor's side.

Fire them all. With all the unemployed people in Illinois with college degrees, they could find replacements in a matter of days.

Usually. But I worked as a teacher in the Illinois public school system before jumping into the airlines.

We're talking about a district where the instructional day is 5h45m long, yet 79% of 8th graders can't read at that level, and 80% aren't proficient in math.

In states where the teachers aren't unionized, scores like that for three years running would have seen the state stepping in, firing the administration, and replacing teachers where necessary.

My kids' schools have a 7h30m school day; less lunch, they're in the classroom for 7h. And no, they're not going to a private school.

So to recap... The strikers have one of the shortest instructional days in the country, the highest teacher pay in the state, and the worst test scores in the state.

Asking teachers to work the same day that the rest of the state is working isn't unreasonable, especially when the kids clearly aren't testing well.

Rahm needs to just hire replacement workers. There are enough educated people out of work who could do the job as well if not better.

Usually. But I worked as a teacher in the Illinois public school system before jumping into the airlines.

We're talking about a district where the instructional day is 5h45m long, yet 79% of 8th graders can't read at that level, and 80% aren't proficient in math.

In states where the teachers aren't unionized, scores like that for three years running would have seen the state stepping in, firing the administration, and replacing teachers where necessary.

My kids' schools have a 7h30m school day; less lunch, they're in the classroom for 7h. And no, they're not going to a private school.

So to recap... The strikers have one of the shortest instructional days in the country, the highest teacher pay in the state, and the worst test scores in the state.

Asking teachers to work the same day that the rest of the state is working isn't unreasonable, especially when the kids clearly aren't testing well.

Rahm needs to just hire replacement workers. There are enough educated people out of work who could do the job as well if not better.

Just a little Patriotic reminder for you my old friend, in case you may have forgotten.

UNIONS-STRIKES-APPLE PIE + CHEVROLET. 100% Pure AMERICAN ! !

Not sure that's a slogan I'd roll out, Bears.

Unions are largely corrupt, apple pie is fattening according to St. Michelle of Obama, and Chevrolet went bankrupt...

I'm sure all the asshats congratulating the union on striking aren't really thinking about the impact on all the folks living paycheck to paycheck who are the ones who really get screwed, by having to pay for childcare *or* take time off of work without pay.

I find it quite ironic that on a day when we remember hostages and innocents being slaughtered at the hands of terrorists, we get to witness another form of domestic hostage taking.

Just a little Patriotic reminder for you my old friend, in case you may have forgotten.

Chevrolet !
Almost two thirds of GM’s jobs are in other countries.

And now supporting the communist way !
“We will continue to grow our business under the Baojin, Jiefang, and Wuling brands. We operate in Chinese markets through a number of joint ventures and maintaining good relations with our joint venture partners, which are affiliated with the Chinese government, is an important part of our Chinese growth strategy.”

Yep..............sounds "All-American" to me !

Pay attention. This thread is about the teachers strike in Chicago, not GM and china.

You continue to prove to all that you should rename yourself Osmium.

Latest posts

Back