Same Sex Marriages ?

Homosexuality has been around for a long period of time, and it’s not hard to see that it has not been accepted.
Homosexuality is an illness, they are missing a vital link to nature. Most gay people will repute that. However, they just need to look around and envision life, how could the world sustain itself if all were qay?
Homosexual marriages threatens the institution of marriage, and the belief system of many people.
All one has to do it look at the statistics to see how many people do not rule in favor of the union of two gay people. A toleration of a “Civil Union†maybe more appropriate." These unions still entitles the couples to most of the same rights as married people, but just by the terminology that is used one can see that no matter what homosexuality will not ever be fully accepted. The term marriage is used sacredly in this country, so obviously homosexual marriages aren''t as sacred as “true†marriages. In fact it’s a fairy-tale, excuse the pun!
One statement that comes through clearly in the bible’s stance on homosexuality. "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestableâ€. besides obvious religious belief’s it is against nature.

imho

Homosexuality has been around for a long period of time, and it’s not hard to see that it has not been accepted.
Homosexuality is an illness, they are missing a vital link to nature. Most gay people will repute that. However, they just need to look around and envision life, how could the world sustain itself if all were qay?
Homosexual marriages threatens the institution of marriage, and the belief system of many people.
All one has to do it look at the statistics to see how many people do not rule in favor of the union of two gay people. A toleration of a “Civil Union†maybe more appropriate." These unions still entitles the couples to most of the same rights as married people, but just by the terminology that is used one can see that no matter what homosexuality will not ever be fully accepted. The term marriage is used sacredly in this country, so obviously homosexual marriages aren''t as sacred as “true†marriages. In fact it’s a fairy-tale, excuse the pun!
One statement that comes through clearly in the bible’s stance on homosexuality. "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestableâ€. besides obvious religious belief’s it is against nature.

imho

Mister Louie, I''m proud to say that I have not been "polled" on this topic, but I do have an opinion.

I think the whole discussion is a bit of a bummer, butt, I must say that I agree with the post that quoted Trudeau in saying that the government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation.
That comment was and is intended to be interpreted as regards to what two (or more) consenting adults will do "in the privacy of their own home"!

My greatest opposition to this whole affair is the expense of the government (that being our money) wasted on the rights of the individuals. They have always had the same rights as the rest of us. We are talking HUMAN RIGHTS, but this is about special rights for the few.

I agree with another post, I don''t have to dress up like a clown and parade down the street to announce that I am heterosexual. I certainly don''t need a special day to show the world how proud I am that I can dress like a clown and proclaim my choice to oppose "natures choice" for me.

George Carlin said; "Guys got something for the girls, girls got something for the guys".

We have a lot of freedoms in this country (we all do). I do not think we need to waste taxpayers money to legislate existing freedoms, but Marriage, in my mind has always been a religious connection and I believe that only the teachings of the church should have any say in who should be married.

I do not study religion so I am not an expert, but it would be interesting to know if there is any religion, that has been around for more than 20 years, that allows same sex couples to marry.

There are so many gay politions now that I believe the government is biased on this topic.

Mister Louie, I''m proud to say that I have not been "polled" on this topic, but I do have an opinion.

I think the whole discussion is a bit of a bummer, butt, I must say that I agree with the post that quoted Trudeau in saying that the government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation.
That comment was and is intended to be interpreted as regards to what two (or more) consenting adults will do "in the privacy of their own home"!

My greatest opposition to this whole affair is the expense of the government (that being our money) wasted on the rights of the individuals. They have always had the same rights as the rest of us. We are talking HUMAN RIGHTS, but this is about special rights for the few.

I agree with another post, I don''t have to dress up like a clown and parade down the street to announce that I am heterosexual. I certainly don''t need a special day to show the world how proud I am that I can dress like a clown and proclaim my choice to oppose "natures choice" for me.

George Carlin said; "Guys got something for the girls, girls got something for the guys".

We have a lot of freedoms in this country (we all do). I do not think we need to waste taxpayers money to legislate existing freedoms, but Marriage, in my mind has always been a religious connection and I believe that only the teachings of the church should have any say in who should be married.

I do not study religion so I am not an expert, but it would be interesting to know if there is any religion, that has been around for more than 20 years, that allows same sex couples to marry.

There are so many gay politions now that I believe the government is biased on this topic.

Homosexuality is an illness, they are missing a vital link to nature. Most gay people will repute that. However, they just need to look around and envision life, how could the world sustain itself if all were qay?"

Nature is never as black and white as this, and its good to see that you aren''t saying that being gay is a choice. Nature and evolution try all sorts of things, and survival of the species is dependent on the reproductively successful. In nature, there are numerous examples of same sex unions. Geese, who bond for life, form partnerships of male-female, male-male, and male-male-female. Together they raise the offspring. In certain primates, two males with willingly have sex. There are certain lower life forms that have no gender, or spontaneously change gender.

So, is human homosexuality an illness? Hmmm, perhaps the question is more, is it right to ask if it needs to be ''fixed/cured/normalized''? I hate normalization, its uninteresting, and again not natures way. I don''t see it as an illness, these individuals are not looking for a cure, just to be given the same rights as others. Just like women have been asking for. A gay union may be unreproductively fruitless, but there are plenty of hetero couples who can''t have children either, does this mean they have no need of marriage either?

I guess I take this issue passionately because I have gay friends and because I see it as equality issue. I feel that if you start judging on one issue like this, then people with start judging based on religion and race too. I don''t want to see us reverting back to a society that burns women for thinking them witches, and burns the gays too for intollerance. (Fact: They used to burn homosexuals before they burnt the witches, this is where the term ''faggot'' came from. As in the real definition of faggot is a bundle of sticks often used to start a fire.)

Homosexuality is an illness, they are missing a vital link to nature. Most gay people will repute that. However, they just need to look around and envision life, how could the world sustain itself if all were qay?"

Nature is never as black and white as this, and its good to see that you aren''t saying that being gay is a choice. Nature and evolution try all sorts of things, and survival of the species is dependent on the reproductively successful. In nature, there are numerous examples of same sex unions. Geese, who bond for life, form partnerships of male-female, male-male, and male-male-female. Together they raise the offspring. In certain primates, two males with willingly have sex. There are certain lower life forms that have no gender, or spontaneously change gender.

So, is human homosexuality an illness? Hmmm, perhaps the question is more, is it right to ask if it needs to be ''fixed/cured/normalized''? I hate normalization, its uninteresting, and again not natures way. I don''t see it as an illness, these individuals are not looking for a cure, just to be given the same rights as others. Just like women have been asking for. A gay union may be unreproductively fruitless, but there are plenty of hetero couples who can''t have children either, does this mean they have no need of marriage either?

I guess I take this issue passionately because I have gay friends and because I see it as equality issue. I feel that if you start judging on one issue like this, then people with start judging based on religion and race too. I don''t want to see us reverting back to a society that burns women for thinking them witches, and burns the gays too for intollerance. (Fact: They used to burn homosexuals before they burnt the witches, this is where the term ''faggot'' came from. As in the real definition of faggot is a bundle of sticks often used to start a fire.)

OK, God works his magic in mysterious ways.

First he can start diseases that wipe out thousands of people at a time for crowd control. Have you ever noticed that major diseases have the most tragic effects on the most populated areas???
Second he also has a way of weeding out the genetically inferior. One way is thru the ever popular Darwin awards, "Hey Chuck, watch me do this...".
And another way is allowing same sex couples to think it''s a good idea to hook up for life. Great way to ensure that those with a few gene deficiencies won''t reproduce and pass on those defects.
Third, God can also wipe all of us out at anytime he feels, especially if we get to selfish about our own needs and feel that the whole population of the world should have the same outlook on life as you.
God can and will determine your destiny, you''re just along for the ride. Enjoy your view from the window seat, and forget about the guy next to you, he''s got his own view to worry about.

OK, God works his magic in mysterious ways.

First he can start diseases that wipe out thousands of people at a time for crowd control. Have you ever noticed that major diseases have the most tragic effects on the most populated areas???
Second he also has a way of weeding out the genetically inferior. One way is thru the ever popular Darwin awards, "Hey Chuck, watch me do this...".
And another way is allowing same sex couples to think it''s a good idea to hook up for life. Great way to ensure that those with a few gene deficiencies won''t reproduce and pass on those defects.
Third, God can also wipe all of us out at anytime he feels, especially if we get to selfish about our own needs and feel that the whole population of the world should have the same outlook on life as you.
God can and will determine your destiny, you''re just along for the ride. Enjoy your view from the window seat, and forget about the guy next to you, he''s got his own view to worry about.

While I agree that homosexuality is something that is not normal by nature, I do believe that it is something that is learned, why is it that most male ballet dancers end up being gay? Or how about figure skaters (sorry Elvis). Or let''s think about women hockey players.. etc... It seems to me to be mostly due to the environment that a person is used to.. or trained to accept.. Nature, in Darwins way, is survival of the fittest, so when you think about that, well then maybe if it is natural for some to be homosexual, that is natures way of weeding them out. I don''t know, I''m just a dumb airplane guy.. But if you think about it, there is no way that a truly homosexual society could ever survive. So, in my simple little opinion... Homosexuality is a fact of life, however, that does not mean that it is the right way for our species to go....

IMHO......

While I agree that homosexuality is something that is not normal by nature, I do believe that it is something that is learned, why is it that most male ballet dancers end up being gay? Or how about figure skaters (sorry Elvis). Or let''s think about women hockey players.. etc... It seems to me to be mostly due to the environment that a person is used to.. or trained to accept.. Nature, in Darwins way, is survival of the fittest, so when you think about that, well then maybe if it is natural for some to be homosexual, that is natures way of weeding them out. I don''t know, I''m just a dumb airplane guy.. But if you think about it, there is no way that a truly homosexual society could ever survive. So, in my simple little opinion... Homosexuality is a fact of life, however, that does not mean that it is the right way for our species to go....

IMHO......

I still have to disagree with the learned part. I good friend of mine is gay, and he didn''t come out till late in life. He dated women and tried to be straight, his family is normal, brothers who are str8t. What did it for him was dating an exceptional woman who had all the qualities he wanted, including being quite attractive. He always wanted kids too. What he realized was that he didn''t feel physically attracted to her, and could not deny those feelings. For him, it was not a choice, it was not learned, it just is the way he is, and he was forced to accept that. For him, he was quite sad at lost possibilities, such as kids. That being said, he always says its not a choice, its not learned, he just likes guys more. Alot of gays are that
way, they don''t choose to be gay, they just are. That doesn''t mean they want to be fixed either, they just want to be who they are.

I agree that nature does not want to make all humans homosexuals, that is just stupid, but perhaps it is trying something new, or maybe trying something old. While in science circles, Darwin is still accepted, the current belief is that he got a few things wrong in his theory. He believed that nature evolved changes slowly over time, this is true in part. But now its accepted that nature makes sudden changes, and if they are able to reproduce successfully and pass the new trait on, then evolution has also occured. Suppose a hermaphadite were able to reproduce themselves, then a new single gender species would exist. Like I said, nature works in shades of grey, and tries out alot of funky stuff.

The truth is, humans are successful as a species because they are able to successfully work in groups, and rear their young in groups too. A single parent is not as good as two or a group. As a species, women are more valuable than men too, only a woman can reproduce, thats why there are 51-52% women in the world and only 48-49% men. I think of gays as part of a well rounded and healthy society and species. It shows nature is still tinkering and that as a species we have not yet stagnanted. Once a species stops changing and adapting, they often die out.

I still have to disagree with the learned part. I good friend of mine is gay, and he didn''t come out till late in life. He dated women and tried to be straight, his family is normal, brothers who are str8t. What did it for him was dating an exceptional woman who had all the qualities he wanted, including being quite attractive. He always wanted kids too. What he realized was that he didn''t feel physically attracted to her, and could not deny those feelings. For him, it was not a choice, it was not learned, it just is the way he is, and he was forced to accept that. For him, he was quite sad at lost possibilities, such as kids. That being said, he always says its not a choice, its not learned, he just likes guys more. Alot of gays are that
way, they don''t choose to be gay, they just are. That doesn''t mean they want to be fixed either, they just want to be who they are.

I agree that nature does not want to make all humans homosexuals, that is just stupid, but perhaps it is trying something new, or maybe trying something old. While in science circles, Darwin is still accepted, the current belief is that he got a few things wrong in his theory. He believed that nature evolved changes slowly over time, this is true in part. But now its accepted that nature makes sudden changes, and if they are able to reproduce successfully and pass the new trait on, then evolution has also occured. Suppose a hermaphadite were able to reproduce themselves, then a new single gender species would exist. Like I said, nature works in shades of grey, and tries out alot of funky stuff.

The truth is, humans are successful as a species because they are able to successfully work in groups, and rear their young in groups too. A single parent is not as good as two or a group. As a species, women are more valuable than men too, only a woman can reproduce, thats why there are 51-52% women in the world and only 48-49% men. I think of gays as part of a well rounded and healthy society and species. It shows nature is still tinkering and that as a species we have not yet stagnanted. Once a species stops changing and adapting, they often die out.

"Quote"
It shows nature is still tinkering and that as a species we have not yet stagnanted. "Unquote"

Unbelievable..So, Where are we headed? What are we evolving to with homosexuality,in your opinion?

"Quote"
It shows nature is still tinkering and that as a species we have not yet stagnanted. "Unquote"

Unbelievable..So, Where are we headed? What are we evolving to with homosexuality,in your opinion?

I beleive that whatever your sexual orientation is, it is a choice and conscious decision that an individual makes. I personally dont agree with homosexuality and despise the fact that homosexuals of both sides parade it around on the street for 1 day every year. There are scientific, religious, moral and ethical reasons and they are personal to each individual and they make the conscious choice and one must live with the decisions they make. I personally dont agree with it and never will regardless of what the arguments are to try and justify its correctness or existense. I will proudly stand on a curb and salute our veterans as they did something very worthy and beneficial to society. I will not for homosexuals and if they see it as hatred, so be it. Like Jehovah''s or any other cult, they can do what they like as long as they dont abuse the rights of the charter and force their beleifs on anyone else. I do not force my beleifs on anyone else and I command the same respect from others. Do what you will behind your own closed doors but I DONT agree with parading it around for us to see let alone our impressionable children.

My $.02 worth

R

Back