Same Sex Marriages ?

I beleive that whatever your sexual orientation is, it is a choice and conscious decision that an individual makes. I personally dont agree with homosexuality and despise the fact that homosexuals of both sides parade it around on the street for 1 day every year. There are scientific, religious, moral and ethical reasons and they are personal to each individual and they make the conscious choice and one must live with the decisions they make. I personally dont agree with it and never will regardless of what the arguments are to try and justify its correctness or existense. I will proudly stand on a curb and salute our veterans as they did something very worthy and beneficial to society. I will not for homosexuals and if they see it as hatred, so be it. Like Jehovah''s or any other cult, they can do what they like as long as they dont abuse the rights of the charter and force their beleifs on anyone else. I do not force my beleifs on anyone else and I command the same respect from others. Do what you will behind your own closed doors but I DONT agree with parading it around for us to see let alone our impressionable children.

My $.02 worth

R

I am not sure where we are headed interms of evolution as a species, as far as homosexuality is concerned. Humans tend to break alot of the evolutionary rules as we believe them, due to our technology. We save, protect and encourage those individuals that 1000''s of years ago would have never been able to pass their genes on.

What are we evolving too? Hopefully a caring, compassionate and tolerant society. Who knows, maybe in a million years there will be one gender, or maybe 4 genders. I don''t think God has such limited views as what is defined in the bible, and I know that evolution doesn''t.

I just find it interesting to read this thread and see people''s opinions, and kinda suprised their are so few in positive support of it. I could site numerous examples from the last 1000 years where people had similiar arguments, but due to a few individuals that had the courage to support them, and the conviction to fight for them, are now regarded as positive.

e.g. Them blacks are fine, let them have their own schools and buses, I just don''t want them in my schools or public wash rooms.

e.g. A woman''s place is in the home. Trust me, nice women don''t want the vote.

e.g. A protestan and catholic should not marry. Those protestans are all a bunch of heathens.

Standing in the sidelines, well at least its not putting a hood over your head, but if those with the hood over their head started to take action, would you stand behind them, or infront of them? Many people died so that we have the freedom to choose our beliefs, both on and off the battle field. I will stand on the street and salute anyone who stands against ignorance and the oppression of rights and freedoms.

I am not sure where we are headed interms of evolution as a species, as far as homosexuality is concerned. Humans tend to break alot of the evolutionary rules as we believe them, due to our technology. We save, protect and encourage those individuals that 1000''s of years ago would have never been able to pass their genes on.

What are we evolving too? Hopefully a caring, compassionate and tolerant society. Who knows, maybe in a million years there will be one gender, or maybe 4 genders. I don''t think God has such limited views as what is defined in the bible, and I know that evolution doesn''t.

I just find it interesting to read this thread and see people''s opinions, and kinda suprised their are so few in positive support of it. I could site numerous examples from the last 1000 years where people had similiar arguments, but due to a few individuals that had the courage to support them, and the conviction to fight for them, are now regarded as positive.

e.g. Them blacks are fine, let them have their own schools and buses, I just don''t want them in my schools or public wash rooms.

e.g. A woman''s place is in the home. Trust me, nice women don''t want the vote.

e.g. A protestan and catholic should not marry. Those protestans are all a bunch of heathens.

Standing in the sidelines, well at least its not putting a hood over your head, but if those with the hood over their head started to take action, would you stand behind them, or infront of them? Many people died so that we have the freedom to choose our beliefs, both on and off the battle field. I will stand on the street and salute anyone who stands against ignorance and the oppression of rights and freedoms.

not fully related, but close enough...

When do you think the first "self marriage" will take place. You know, the left hand takes the right hand...

not fully related, but close enough...

When do you think the first "self marriage" will take place. You know, the left hand takes the right hand...

My position on this subject has remained the same for 30+ years.......I don't care what two consenting adults do. If it doesn't affect others, then they are the ones accepting the risks and/or the benefits.

I draw the 'line in the sand' when those same two people wish to adopt an infant or small child. The adults made their decision after years of 'life experience', having observed and experienced both sides of the equation. The children that they wish to adopt have not. They are also incapable of making an intelligent and informed decision on their futures. Such adoptions should not be allowed until the children involved can make adult size decisions. Ergo, let the adults do as they please, but prevent the children being drawn into something that they do not understand.

My opinion is different than others. I do not consider myself a member of the 'hood-wearers' society nor do I consider myself a 'redneck'. This opinion is not based on religion nor where or by whom I was raised. It's based on MY 'life observations'.

My position on this subject has remained the same for 30+ years.......I don't care what two consenting adults do. If it doesn't affect others, then they are the ones accepting the risks and/or the benefits.

I draw the 'line in the sand' when those same two people wish to adopt an infant or small child. The adults made their decision after years of 'life experience', having observed and experienced both sides of the equation. The children that they wish to adopt have not. They are also incapable of making an intelligent and informed decision on their futures. Such adoptions should not be allowed until the children involved can make adult size decisions. Ergo, let the adults do as they please, but prevent the children being drawn into something that they do not understand.

My opinion is different than others. I do not consider myself a member of the 'hood-wearers' society nor do I consider myself a 'redneck'. This opinion is not based on religion nor where or by whom I was raised. It's based on MY 'life observations'.

As for adopting:

Hmmm, I understand where you are coming from, and the thought of it kinda seems wierd to me, but for me I have to try and understand why it seems wierd. I guess its wierd because its different than what I was raised with, but is it a bad thing? Well, there are many couples that have children that shouldn''t. And many that should that don''t. I would rather see two loving people raise a child than two who don''t. I have to figure that its better to raise a child by a same sex couple that love the child than something like an abusive father and drunken mother. I mean, that child didn''t choose that situation either.

I believe that people with good values and dedication to the child should raise them. Its interesting when you have to plan who will take care of your children when you do that portion of your will. Alot of factors come into play. For my wife and I, we want a person who will love the children and raise them with values similiar to our own. Someone who is dedicated and self-less. Without reservation, our friend, who is a single gay man is on the list. Any reservation I have is in the adversity that they would face from others, not from him as a parent.

Back