Save the Cookie

Thought it was a clever promotion and wanted to order a shirt but the shipping charge was more than twice the cost of the shirt. Good luck in the battle........I'll think of y'all when I make my OWN cookies. Regardless of the outcome, KEEP the Cookie! :up:

Forget those cookies if FL gets this done. There may be some cookies but they won't be baked on an airplane. I've had the infamous cookie and to me, it's no big deal. :lol:
EXACTLY! The Cookie ONLY gets the press that it does because NO ONE ELSE does it and the writers of the travel publications have a hard-on for ANY Thing F-R-E-E and like the novelty of them. Their okay, nothing special.

I just took my first trip on YX and they were really nice. I flew signature service all the way to SFO. I was suprised my roll on bag fit in the overhead longways rather than sideways, and i liked the foot rest, the meals on board were really good, the service was excellent and the cookie (2 of them) was great. The extra space was worth the extra money I paid for the ticket. I paid $200.00 more than the lowest fare I could find.

If FL takes over YX will they keep the RJ/B1900 operation?

If FL takes over YX will they keep the RJ/B1900 operation?
I'm not sure if Midwest owns that OP but I doubt FL would keep it... We don't do RJs..... Tried them for a while with Air Whiskey and they were broke more than in the air. I'd hate to see prop A/C in ATL, we'd kill a Ramper a day.... plus there is no room.

I was wondering about all the connections in MKE that they do to the upper midwest and great lakes areas. They have a substantial RJ/1900 operation that probably helps their operation connection wise.
I understand your question was more MKE driven than ATL... My gut feeling is, it's too early in the game to tell. Now Midwest has announced several other offers to consider so that cookie may remain. I can't say any more about the subject as it is.... well you know. :ph34r:

Our (AirTran pilot's) current contract, as well as the TA under consideration now, limits the amount of "feeder" flying. My guess is that the feeder flying would continue, but it might have to be reduced in size to pass legal muster. It could also be done at current levels, if there was no contract/agreement in place between the company and the feeder(s).

Our (AirTran pilot's) current contract, as well as the TA under consideration now, limits the amount of "feeder" flying. My guess is that the feeder flying would continue, but it might have to be reduced in size to pass legal muster. It could also be done at current levels, if there was no contract/agreement in place between the company and the feeder(s).
Thanks for the 'Heads up' CJ. I didn't know you Guys & Gals had that in your contract.

Looks like Airtran isn't the only one with a dog in this fight. Seems Midwest is going to force Airtran to up their bid.

Midwest Air says it has 4 suitors for possible sale

Midwest Airlines announced Friday that it has entered into confidentiality agreements with four interested parties. "That means those four parties can begin looking at Midwest's corporate files as Midwest opens itself up for a possible sale. Midwest did not name the four companies or specify if they were airlines, other types of companies or institutional investors," The Associated Press writes. AirTran, which is in the midst of a hostile takeover bid for Midwest, is one of those four parties, AirTran officials confirmed to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The Journal-Constitution adds that "industry experts have said they aren't aware of any other companies or investors who are kicking Midwest's tires. Some suggested that interested buyers may include Northwest Airlines, the second-largest carrier at the Milwaukee airport, or a private equity buyer such as TPG. The firm, formerly known as Texas Pacific Group, has offered to buy Spain's largest airline, Iberia ... " Still, AirTran is considered by most industry observers to be the top bidder for Midwest.

Just operations wise, I cannot believe anybody can operate an effective hub in MCI. I was suprised when I went thru there that you have to leave the secured area to visit the rest room and concessions, plus it seemed like every three or four gates had there own security line. So unless your connection happenes to be one of the neighboring gates you have to leave the secured area and go back thru security. Seems like the airport should consider fixing that but it would take a major investment. Is it that way in all of the terminals or just in the YX terminal?

Just operations wise, I cannot believe anybody can operate an effective hub in MCI. I was suprised when I went thru there that you have to leave the secured area to visit the rest room and concessions, plus it seemed like every three or four gates had there own security line. So unless your connection happenes to be one of the neighboring gates you have to leave the secured area and go back thru security. Seems like the airport should consider fixing that but it would take a major investment. Is it that way in all of the terminals or just in the YX terminal?
In some terminals, there are restroom facilities within the secured areas. There are also some "Wolfgang Puck bend me over and charge me $15 for a sandwich and a bottle of water" concession stands. KCI was designed and built just before the security changes went into effect in the early 1970's. Back then, KCI was great because you really could park your car and it was a short walk to your gate. After they were implemented, you would clear security as you boarded the plane. Then when only ticketed passengers were to be allowed in the gate areas, they put up the glass partitions and you clear security for about 4 or 5 gates. Also back then, the "hub and spoke" concept really didn't exist, so it was not designed to be a "hub". There is talk of building a "new" KCI that would better serve as a "hub" type operation. There really isn't any room to remodel the existing facility.

Latest posts