Schumer's Campaign to Secure No Carry-on Fees

FM2436

Veteran
Jan 8, 2003
I don't like Mr. Schumer's politics and I espeacilly don't like Schumer's campaign to secure commitments from the remaining 21 government airlines that they will not impose carry-on fees. Whether carry-on fees are right or wrong should be an individual airline's choice. But I'm afraid of the firestorm this apparent committment will create at the gates if these 21 government airlines blindly agree not to charge carry-ons without some industry standards agreed upon which limit the number and size of carry-ons. I can imagine passenger choosing not to check any baggage at the ticket counter and bringing with them all their luggage to the gate and declare that luggage as carry-on and free from any fees. I flew a recent trip on US Airways and was in the last 1/2 of passengers boarded onto the aircraft. All overhead bins were packed with the first 1/2 passenger's carry-ons.

I posted this on the Industry News message board because this affects all of the "USA's" government airlines.

http://www.airportbusiness.com/publication/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=35866

Interesting. I was unaware that the airlines were owned by the government. Either the airlines are hiding this in their SEC (government)-mandated public reports, or the government has created an amazing set of shell companies.

Back