SCUMBAG TOW TRUCK DRIVERS

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010

Always had a low opinion of tow truck drivers.

Do yourself a favor, buy towing from your insurance company and let THEM deal with the tow truck drivers.

I know a tow truck driver that may disagree...:D
No doubt.

I am not saying the service they provide is not a necessary one.

I am saying many of them are low life scammers. Unfortunately, even the ones that are good people have that shadow cast over them due to their unscrupulous peers.

You never did have a clue what I was talking about. Here for my amusement, not yours, and will point and laugh as I please.

You should see what goes on with these tow truck guys in NYC. Like Ali Baba and his forty thieves.

Always had a low opinion of tow truck drivers.

Do yourself a favor, buy towing from your insurance company and let THEM deal with the tow truck drivers.

I was a scumbag tow truck driver for two years with AAA. We used to deal with tows from insurance companies all the time. You are on the frontline dealing with scumbag tow truck drivers you pay your insurance for, not the insurance company.
sub-square-aaa-towing-aaa.png

I was a scumbag tow truck driver for two years with AAA. We used to deal with tows from insurance companies all the time. You are on the frontline dealing with scumbag tow truck drivers you pay your insurance for, not the insurance company.
sub-square-aaa-towing-aaa.png
Not so. I have a policy that tows at the insurance companies cost for up to 50 miles.

I never see a bill from the tow truck company. It is sent directly to the insurance company.

After an accident or a vehicle break down I call the insurance company. The insurance company calls them and tells them to tow it from point A to point B.

If they deviate from that the insurance company has a record of the pick up and destination. If they tried to grossly deviate from that I am sure the insurance company would involve the authorities.

I have never had that issue come up.

Not so. I have a policy that tows at the insurance companies cost for up to 50 miles.

I never see a bill from the tow truck company. It is sent directly to the insurance company.

After an accident or a vehicle break down I call the insurance company. The insurance company calls them and tells them to tow it from point A to point B.

If they deviate from that the insurance company has a record of the pick up and destination. If they tried to grossly deviate from that I am sure the insurance company would involve the authorities.

I have never had that issue come up.

You could end up with AAA doing your tow for the insurance company. Ins company calls a tow dispatch who has a contract with them. We did it all the time.

Jmho, there is a conflict.
drivers I have met are great. But my experience is with AAA and insurance companies.
Then there are the shopping mall and parking violation contract companies.
Then you will get hosed, but it is your own fault.
So, what law did you break to put yourself in a position that you needed a tow?...
:eek::eek: