Secondary Lines for June- FA RESERVE AND SCHEDULING DISCUSSED HERE.

Yep, they do it to themselves but they think it is OUR fault. As for releasing, it is next to impossible in CLT. I just got released around 3pm. I didn't even call any earlier because I knew they would say no, they always do. I used to hate it when they wouldn't releaes us in PHL because of a cloud in PIT. As for bad weather days, if any schedulers are reading this: DO NOT under any circumstance call me to help you out when you're desperate because you have never helped me out when I needed your help. You have screwed me and my friends more times than I can even count. :down:
Go get'em girl! :up: Enough is enough.

I love how when scheduling is desperate they always put that guy on the coverage reporter that is all casual and tries to sound like he is our friend as if we do him a favor. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

Yeah it sounds like he just hit the pipe and has $H!T in his mouth. I think that some of his messages while "cute" are TOTALLY unprofessional and makes him sound like an idiot. We have 55 trips and uhhhhhhh 12 reserrrrrrrrves. Yep thats it 12 reserrrrrrrrves. Give a call....help us out and we'll get you that mustride. Oh I cringe. The VERY same group that you ask to release you will say NO in some bitchy tone like they skipped their "femrage" pill. Hear this.....OOOOOOOVER IT! ! ! ! I sure hope the company realizes just how OVER it reserves really are. Something is telling me they will see. :lol:

It must be a genetic thing with all schedulers. The ones at AA are the same...no, you can not be released. I'm in a base that rarely uses more than 5-6 reserves a day. When I was on reserve last November, on a bright blue sky non-holiday day I was #24 of 24 on my last day on call before 4 days off. No, they wouldn't release me at 2pm when there were still 18 reserves to cover the period from then until the last flight out at approx. 7:30pm.

The reason sec blocks didnt go as junior was that the apporx 30 people scheduled to go out on the buyout in June, were contacted by Inflight in the last week to postpone their buyout by 30 days.

I had a commuter today who told me this, and he is staying until July now. Didnt INflight see this coming?

Why did they extend them do you think? :unsure:

Another bone head move. If they were not allowed to bid a block for June (they were leaving) I assume they are considered a "free spirit" for June now? They get an open block which means they can use the AIL AND ETB to fulfill their obligation. Well, any idiot would use the ETB to build a block. Only wait....that gives someone else time off so doesn't that defeat the purpose of holding them over 30 days? :lol: :eek: When were they told and were they allowed to bid at their seniority or do them all have open blocks?

So at 10 years seniority I wasn't surprised to get January February March vacation. I sighed, wrote it off to working for a senior heavy airline and sucked it up. Fast forward about ten more years and AWA arrives.

What they have done to our vacation matrix is nothing short of criminal and they deserve the coming storm that summer will bring.

No sympathy Tempe. Your "protect the operation" crap will not fly this summer. How is it you guys never get it? US never had these problems in the summer. On December 20-31, yes. Summer no. Sticking someone with 20+ years with Jan, Feb March vacation is ridiculous. Keep ignoring the human factor, it's worked sooooo well these past three years.

Another bone head move. If they were not allowed to bid a block for June (they were leaving) I assume they are considered a "free spirit" for June now? They get an open block which means they can use the AIL AND ETB to fulfill their obligation. Well, any idiot would use the ETB to build a block. Only wait....that gives someone else time off so doesn't that defeat the purpose of holding them over 30 days? :lol: :eek: When were they told and were they allowed to bid at their seniority or do them all have open blocks?

If they weren't allowed to bid then they were not the reason (why there's less blocks for June).

I have called everyone, first to get the blocks on the HUB, then to find out why all the open time was left open. "Oh, we need to meet a certain percentage of reserves for the summer." So someone has decided to leave loads of open time, put 50 people on reserve that could have held blocks, and now I bet they complain when I am *cough* sick in June. Come on now! Some things are just way too ridiculous!

I have called everyone, first to get the blocks on the HUB, then to find out why all the open time was left open. "Oh, we need to meet a certain percentage of reserves for the summer." So someone has decided to leave loads of open time, put 50 people on reserve that could have held blocks, and now I bet they complain when I am *cough* sick in June. Come on now! Some things are just way too ridiculous!

Excuse me? They need to meet a certain percentage of reserves? WTF? Their stupidity never ceases to amaze me! We all know they are going to be so short of reserves! They are only shooting themselves in the foot! I can't wait to witness the next US Airways summer debacle. I hope all of you reserves are enjoying your days off now since screw scheduling will be assigning you into your days off unless you will be *cough* sick this summer.

Back