Sen Kennedy Stopped By Nofly List

700UW said:
Kennedy said he was stopped at airports in Washington, D.C., and Boston three times in March. Airline agents told him he would not be sold a ticket because his name was on a list.

When he asked the agent why, he was told, "We can't tell you."

Each time, a supervisor recognized Kennedy and got him on the flight.

[post="171387"][/post]​

The AP continues the misleading point in that was in the Wash Post story. Sen Kennedy is a very frequent customer and everyone at UAIR at DCA (not to mention just about everyone in the District whether or not affiliated with UAIR) recognizes him. The problem is that most agents do not have the computer access to overide the no fly list. Nor can they override the system when CAPPS picks someone for SSSS. (With a very few, very narrow exceptions that I will not discuss here). I actually spoke one of staf involved in one of these incidents and can assure you that everyone was highly embarrased. And I resent sloppy reporting making UAIR staff look like morons. (Hey some of us don't need the press for that :p )

Does anyone think a customer service agent enjoys handing an 85 year old grandmother an SSSS'ed BP? Knowing that she will have to take off her orthopaedic shoes and having her support stockings handwanded. Do you know how foolish it feels to hand an SSSS'ed BP to a United 1K flyer who is taking a US flight?

Is true that when an agent gets a possible name match response (which locks out the BP), the agent is not allowed to say why. And that may very well make them look stupid.

PineyBob said:
As for champion of the common man. When ole booze breath took orifice ah office, organized labors numbers were in the 30% range, now with all of his "Help" they are in single digits in the private sector. Keep getting help from folks like him and you may hit 0% by the time you retire.

[post="171263"][/post]​

What did Kennedy do to squash organized labor? You're implying he's responsible for the decline of unions? Without specifics, I don't get the connection, but I'm open to being enlightened.

PineyBob said:
Geee I feel safer already. no wonder Teddy drinks, look at what passes for security.
[post="171421"][/post]​

Hmm, who is it who has a criminal record on drinking charges?

http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/11/02/bush.dui/

Bush acknowledges 1976 DUI charge
November 2, 2000
Web posted at: 11:00 p.m. EST (0400 GMT)

From staff and wire reports

WEST ALLIS, Wisconsin -- Texas Gov. George W. Bush acknowledged Thursday that in 1976 he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol near his parents' home in Kennebunkport, Maine.

Well I think I'll still view Kennedy as a human with many faults, but more importantly, good intentions and an open mind, unlike many other politicians.

Well I think I'll still view Kennedy as a human with many faults, but more importantly, good intentions and an open mind, unlike many other politicians.

You might be the first person to use Ted Kennedy and open minded in the same sentence.

Aside from that, didn't Patrick Kennedy have some trouble at the airport not too long ago? Didn't he assault a TSA agent? Guess those Kennedys just can't control themselves while they're travelling. Next thing they'll be on A&E's Airline being denied boarding for getting blitzed at the bar before boarding. But somehow I think the higher powers would stop it from being aired. Bummer.

USAir757 said:
Aside from that, didn't Patrick Kennedy have some trouble at the airport not too long ago? Didn't he assault a TSA agent? Guess those Kennedys just can't control themselves while they're travelling. Next thing they'll be on A&E's Airline being denied boarding for getting blitzed at the bar before boarding. But somehow I think the higher powers would stop it from being aired. Bummer.
[post="171504"][/post]​

I'm not sure I see what that has to do with anything here. Unless we're all guilty of the sins of our relatives and friends. By way of comparison though, I'll still consider Bush a much greater sinner for too quickly getting us involved in Iraq and the subsequent deaths of thousands, and others can crucify the Kennedy family. We will continue to see things differently.

WARNING- Can we please get back to Kennedy AND the No Fly List? Please leave the other political/family/jokes to the Just Conversation board and return to the original point of the thread or it will be closed. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back