Senior Management To Implement New Travel NON-Rev Policy

Why do you continue to beat this dead horse?????????? Let's just let the mighty Wizard of Tempe speak and just accept it. But don't look behind the curtain. :shock:

You also forget ground personal commute too, there is no commuter policy for the ground workers.

I believe, just for the sake of argument that AA is the largest airline in the world and they somehow manage to get by with first-come, first-served.
American Airlines pilots go by DOH they negotiate it. If we go FCFS your will see the unions negotiated DOH in there contracts

First-come-first-served works well at AA.

If your flight leaves at 0600 and you are not willing to get up at 0200 and check in, well then you take your chances at the airport.
This sounds like it works real well cant wait to do this.
Why do AA pilots go my DOH????

And, the first come has nothing to do with racing down the concourse to beat everyone else to the gate. You can check in on the Web
If the WEB goes down you better run. And if you have to reroute you better run FFFFFFFFFFFirst Coooooooooome

Here's and idea for all you poor commuters who wait until the last possible minute to commute, and then have the audacity to ACAR scheduling because your're flight is due in 20 minutes after check in....

BUY A TICKET!!! No worry's about not gettings on, and maybe you could even find something that gets you there IN TIME for check in.

Just a thought.

No, I don't support commuters getting special boarding priority. EVER

If all these east employees are so worried about commuters than why do they allow retirees and family members traveling without the employee to have the same boarding priority as an active employee?

I'm okay with boarding priority by DOH as long as we use the west policy for retirees and family members not traveling with the employees.

Does anyone have an idea of when the final policy will be decided? We can discuss it every day but I just wish it was over so we can all move on. There are so many different personal reasons for wanting what we want but in the end we will all abide by the final decision or look for new jobs. With the combined route structure there will be more options for travel and maybe on this board we can keep each up to date on new routes or the routes that historically have more seats avail. Maybe trvling into a nearby city could help(ex) LAX,SNA,ONT or LGB.) I dont want managment to divide and conquer the unions or forget that we are competing in a tough industry with fuel prices out of control. We need to unite more now than ever and not let infighting implode the airline that has been given new life. Im not saying that we dont have opinions or the change in policy for either side might have negative effects for some employees but lets keep our goal insight. Running a great airline with great employees. By the way Im traveling with my family in OCT (afer a cruise) to Disneyland. Anyone know the best place to get good room rates and a rental car. Booked the cruise but need a couple of days with the kiddies. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Mama

If the WEB goes down you better run. And if you have to reroute you better run FFFFFFFFFFFirst Coooooooooome
Well, I don't know about US Airways websites, but I've never seen Jetnet at AA down for more than 5 minutes, maybe 10. So, if you start 4 hours before departure, you have plenty of time. I commute to STL from DFW or DAL. And, before I was furloughed I often commuted to DFW from my home near IAH. I NEVER had to run down a concourse for a commuter flight except the time I went back to bed and overslept after checking in from home. But, that was just to catch the flight, not to get a seat. :lol:

Also, I've never failed to make it to work on time commuting. But then, I always leave myself at least 2 backup flights that will get me there before sign-in. That way if I don't get on my "scheduled" flight (which has happened maybe 2 or 3 times), I roll over to the next flight.

Also, I've never failed to make it to work on time commuting. But then, I always leave myself at least 2 backup flights that will get me there before sign-in. That way if I don't get on my "scheduled" flight (which has happened maybe 2 or 3 times), I roll over to the next flight.
[/quote]

A crew schedulers dream!

A crew schedulers dream!

Hey, a missed trip at AA is equivalent to the sin against the Holy Ghost. It can get you cast into outer darkness without hope of redemption! :lol:

And, to be fair, with the number of flights we have between DFW or DAL and STL, I'm talking about getting there either the night before for early morning sign-ins (and I have a crash pad in St. Louis), or getting there a couple of hours before sign-in at most.

Date of Hire...

and honor the retiree's..How can you board a new active employee and not board a person who might have given this company 40 years of their life.

I know this will fall on deaf ears as Dougie has already made up his mind. Too bad.......

Jim, from the post of yours that I've read, you dont appear to "feel entitled" as some others on here.

You seem to realize you have a job to perform which you are compensated for, and you give it your all.

There are some who feel they are doing the company "a favor" by doing their jobs.

The HELL with boarding by seniority. First come first served is the way to go. As a matter of fact let's do away with all seniority. The first F/A to show up for the flight works first class. Everyone else gets to work coach. Let's not forget about the pilots. Whoever shows up first is the pilot, second place is the co-pilot, third place gets to help the f/a's in coach. Ticket agents, Ramp agents, and mechanics that show up for work first get to choose what they will do for the day. Everyone else gets stuck with the jobs no one wants to do. When it comes to bidding shifts and vacation, whomever shows up first bids first. Is that a fair way to do things? I think not. But that is what those of you that want a first come system are suggesting. That is why we have a seniority system. You put your time in and one day you will be high on the seniority list. Until that day, deal with the fact that we all had to start at the bottom and work our way up. It might not be easy, but it is fair. DOH all the way!

12 hour check-in via the web, or even telephone, can be a real burden for flight crews. Suppose you are airborne working a flight 12 hours before your commute flight home?

And if the system is only web based, suppose you are on a layover without the benefit of a computer and web access? I suspect that not even half of pilots carry a computer with them on trips, and probably less than 20% of flight attendants.

With a web based 12-hour FCFS check-in, these folks would never get home.

Back