SFO-no more B checks?

AC AA LA FA

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
mars
Any truth to the rumor SFO will be loosing B check work for 767 A/C..? Initial numbers up to 100 positions to be cut.?

Actually, the number is 118. SFO and SJC are considered one station and thus one seniority list. And to anwers your question, yes, the B Check is going somewhere else.

STL- going from 12 to 8 overnight aircraft (Keeping MD80 B Check and 757 I Check) (Daily AA flights from 44 to 33)

SFO- downsizing from a Class 1 to a Class 2 due to the routing of the 767 they will lose their 767 B Check. They will have 9 overnight aircraft.
The hangar is currently under review M&E management wants to keep the hangar due to performing overnight checks on Hawaiian Air 767. The schedule actually gains a 767 by moving 767 B Check to MIA.

SJC- Closing the station for maintenance going to 3 overnight aircraft (MD80 maintenance access not needed)

DTW- Closing the station for maintenance going to 2 overnight aircraft (MD80 maintenance access not needed)

MSP- Closing the station for maintenance going to 5 overnight aircraft (MD 80 maintenance access not needed)
Other panned changes in workload distribution:

Currently MIA has 2 737 B Checks (5 Day Lines) going to one line next September due to the retrofit going to 160 seats (38D Type 737)– it will then go to one 7 day line and then will move to LGA. Miami will transition to performing the 5 day 767 B check (from SFO).

LGA will transition to performing a 737 B Check (from Miami) and one MD80 B Check will go away (Maintenance access for one MD80 B check not needed)

ORD work load will be going up- due to 38D type 737 fleet size growing which will increase the workload and growth in B Checks (ORD two five day B check lines going to two seven day B check lines)

AND THE BEAT GOES ON
da da da de
da da da

true but the people in aviation love what they do!!!!!!!!!

I loved aviation and the job nad I do miss it sometimes. But, this is more confirmation that I made the correct decision by turning down my SFO recall.

Back