Sign or Resign AMFA cards

TWU is going to war with the airlines.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2013/09/25/new-twu-chief-will-kick-off-term-with-allegiant-protest/

You can cite NMB decisions on the subject all you want as far as class and craft, and just what constitutes "and related". It comes down to politics, and influence. Using the NMBs logic for mechanics and related - would have flight attendants and pilots in the same union. It's the large industrial unions wanting to lump Aircraft Mechanics in with unskilled labor as leverage for higher pay for the later - I don't begrudge them - they are communistic in principle. What did Marx say "from each according to their ability to each according to their need." It's not like the NMB is unbiased.

+1 you have hit the nail on the head. The F/As, Pilots, Dispatchers all have their own unions with no one else in it but those groups. But mechanics somehow its an evil if they want to have a union to represent just them and I resent it. Industrial unions are to blame for it. How we let it get to this point I blame on us mechanics cuz we let it happen. If it were not for AMFA at NW mechanics at most of the airlines would be making 25 bucks an hr today. I always was pissed when everyone had a problem with us having our own union. We had rampers pulling bypass pins out of gears trying to screw mechanics on pushbacks cuz they were pissed we wanted to leave the IAM. Well if the IAM had taken care of us and not screwed us in the best of times (sorry 700UW) we would have never left.

TWU is going to war with the airlines.

http://www.forbes.co...egiant-protest/

Overspeed

Harry Lombardo, the new TWU Leader was part of the TWU under little am I correct?

Telling us now that he is going to change the way things are and do things different, what if anything did he do while working for the TWU to insure that the ATD officers LQQKed out for our best interest?

If he felt that what was going on in the past was not right he should of stepped up then and said something. Now he is going to want us to wait until he gets the new TWU in place and give them a chance.
Isn't that what all of the past leaders of the TWU have said we will gettem next time, dig deep into the pockets. Is he going to replace Big Don V. & Bobby G. and the rest of the TWU atd? If he does will he parachute them out with a big pension and bonus? I've been asked what is AMFA going to do for us if vote them in?

Well I am asking what is the TWU going to do for us, the membership?
When is the TWU going to say enough is enough to AA?

History proves that the TWU will roll over time and time again. It's time to show them the door. You can't think it will be any different than it has been?

AMFA at AA

Dispatchers are part of the TWU at US, not their own union.

Pilots and FAs have their own CBA, just like mechanic and related.

ALPA doesnt represent all the pilots in the industry, as niether does the AFA represent all the FAs in the industry.

AFA is part of the CWA, the IAM and the IBT represent FAs and IBT also represents pilots and the TWU also represents FAs.

So once again you are all not 100% correct.

Again I ask a question that is ON TOPIC and in response I get a negative on my post that is about the topic at hand. Time to close this topic because it drifted away.
No, just sign the PS off and go back to sleep

He doesn't have a clue to what's about to happen...
The local 591 Exec Board is coming out of the AMFA closet to campaign with Chuck? Nah, they wouldn't do that, they just gave themselves a swell raise.

marinemotivation03.jpg

The TWU gave up the fight long ago, they will soon come up with the NEW TWU that is planning on telling us all "we have changed". But are you going to let them be the Bargaining Union at our next contract time? Haven't You had Enough?

They (twu) brought in the Teamsters to dilute the card count, then went on the defensive when the card count looked as though they might rid AA of the twu.

Many of you signed AMFA cards and IBT cards saying anyone but the TWU, well the IBT walked away before it could be accused by the NMB of card manipulation. The IBT said we would not want to cause any more harm to the already turmoiled union members here.

Now we all await the decision of the NMB and then what?

If YOU want the TWU gone then it is going to be up too ALL of YOU to dig down and get into the fight. Not just have the same guys from all the past AMFA card drives again do it all.

You are the ones who will have to show AMFA's National Executive council that we want the TWU GONE. You are the ones who will have to get everyone on Your crew to sign a card, You are the Union remember that. The TWU wants you to believe that we work for them. But that is NOT the case, they are supposed to work for us. Well in all the yrs You have worked here at AA, HAVE THEY ????

Has it been one scam after the other, hasn't the leadership given themselves raises and perks while we the membership get the crumbs.

So it is Now up to you, bring in a union we can control or remain with the TWU..

Latest posts

Back