Sign or Resign AMFA cards

Are you saying that if we maintained higher standards through self enforcement that the company would treat us better?

Didn't we try that with PLI and JLT and the pulse line etc, saving AA hundreds of millions of dollars only to have them cut more heads, first demand a zero cost contract and then a 20 % cut in our total compensation?

That just goes to show what a company man you are, no matter how many times they screw us you try and spin the blame on either. AMFA or the members themselves and try to convince us that we need to reward the company for what they have done.

If they want higher standards the come to the bargaining table with it and put a dollar value on it, otherwise we are not interested in what they have to say. No more giving concessions after the fact with the BS line that if we prove we are worth more! like you said with PLI, JLT etc that when we bargain we will be able to capture the value of it.

Vortilon is right, sure you will always have those who no matter what they get paid wont care but I've seen a lot of guys who used to care who have changed and no longer care, they figured why not treat the company exactly how the company is treating them, do just enough to keep oneself out of trouble, and test that boundary as often as possible to see how low they too can go, just like the company is doing.

Are you saying that if we maintained higher standards through self enforcement that the company would treat us better?

Didn't we try that with PLI and JLT and the pulse line etc, saving AA hundreds of millions of dollars only to have them cut more heads, first demand a zero cost contract and then a 20 % cut in our total compensation?

That just goes to show what a company man you are, no matter how many times they screw us you try and spin the blame on either. AMFA or the members themselves and try to convince us that we need to reward the company for what they have done.

If they want higher standards them come to the bargaining table with it and put a dollar value, otherwise we are not interested in what they have to say. No more giving concessions after the fact with the BS line that if we prove we are worth more! like you said with PLI, JLT etc that when we bargain we will be able to capture the value of it.

Vortilon is right, sure you will always have those who no matter what they get paid wont care but I've seen a lot of guys who used to care who have changed and no longer care, they figured why not treat the company exactly how the company is treating them, do just enough to keep oneself out of trouble, and test that boundary as often as possible to see how low they too can go, just like the company is doing.
Then if vortillon is right, then it's over.labor lost.

Then if vortillon is right, then it's over.labor lost.

Overspeed

In my opinion it's NOT just the money, "YES" many of us (AMT'S) are chasing the almighty dollar.

It's guy's like yourself who have been drinking the TWU coolaide for so long believing that they will change the way they operate. The TWU has bent over backwards to help the company and has put company before it's members.
Remember we will dig deep in thier pockets quote? WE will getem next time? We didn't feel it was in the best interest of the company to install a snap back clause at this time?

The Intl. ATD members are the only ones who have benifited from all the concessions we have given up.

The TWU breads the attitude of I got mine, make whatevr deal you can and get yours.

In order to change that, a whole new way of thinking needs to be installed. Changing the ATD leadership or the idea that some of the Local officers have had of change from within has not worked has it?
Some of our TWU officers attack the TWU yet draw large amounts of money to still be involved.

Self help in the airline industry is dead. The courts and the government have taken most of our rights. With the unions rolling over yr in and yr out, unions have placed the workers at a disadvantage.
Union members are in a position that they feel they must fend for themselves.

I think and believe that the TWU memebers at AA have lost all faith in the TWU and in order to bring a union way of thinking to AA, A NEW Union needs to be voted in.

The IBT told us that having them come here they would effect a change. What happened a LIE. and no vote to remove the TWU. The AFL-CIO wants to form an alliance to save the dues of the IAM/TWU.

The infighting and looking at all the negatives of each union has done nothing to make the problem go away.
Keeping the line and base at each others throats keeps the TWU in place so that ATD Officers can get rich while the membership suffers.

It is TIME for the TWU to GO AWAY. Bring to AA a change a new way of thinking.

Having a Class and Craft union that will attempt to bring a new way of thinking is the only way to go.

AMFA@AA

Overspeed

In my opinion it's NOT just the money, "YES" many of us (AMT'S) are chasing the almighty dollar.

It's guy's like yourself who have been drinking the TWU coolaide for so long believing that they will change the way they operate.
First off he is more of a Koolaide server as opposed to drinker and he obviously doesn't believe the TWU needs to change the way they operate, after all he claims they did a better job than any other union out there for Mechanics.

First off he is more of a Koolaide server as opposed to drinker and he obviously doesn't believe the TWU needs to change the way they operate, after all he claims they did a better job than any other union out there for Mechanics.
Personally, I love Koolaid. But this discussion isn't about refreshments.

It's pretty simple, if you want more jobs with a top out of over $34 an hour then you go TWU. If you want more $20/hr and temporary jobs at AAR, and ATS vote AMFA. Or better yet $5 hour jobs in El Salvador.

AMFA...quality maintenance...at a low wage MRO. Way to go AMFA.

Personally, I love Koolaid. But this discussion isn't about refreshments.

It's pretty simple, if you want more jobs with a top out of over $34 an hour then you go TWU. If you want more $20/hr and temporary jobs at AAR, and ATS vote AMFA. Or better yet $5 hour jobs in El Salvador.

AMFA...quality maintenance...at a low wage MRO. Way to go AMFA.
Or if you want a $9.00 OSM pay rate go with TWU. If you want less, vacation, sick time, and reduced work rules, and no pension, then GO with TWU. If you want to continue the failed strategy of Political Arena reliance to protect yourself, then by all means TWU is the best Union. You ignore the failures of the TWU, and instead rely on fear to justify not trying some different approach to an industry wide problem. No Union is succeeding including the TWU. This is because we are divided into different unions being used and negotiating against each other instead of a unified profession approach to the problem. And the prevailing strategy is currently heavy financial involvement in political contributions, and lobbying, instead using the strength in numbers that the industrial unions preach. What good is strength in numbers if the laws prevent us from using them, and the failing political strategy doesn't have the strength to change those laws?

Welcome to reality IAM/TWU M/R Union Workers at AMR Group who thought AMFA was your solution. Now stop acting like TEA BAGGERS and move- on, retire, or quite, and stop wining !

Welcome to reality IAM/TWU M/R Union Workers at AMR Group who thought AMFA was your solution. Now stop acting like TEA BAGGERS and move- on, retire, or quite, and stop wining !

Karl Marx Jr in with his two cents. AMFA is gonna be a reality here very soon. Then I will enjoy a little tea myself.

NMB says 1 year before reapplication

http://www.amfanational.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=365815

Using facts works pretty damn well so we will stick with that.
But that was not used.
It was forged cards, collusion and BS.

Lets see what other tricks will be pulled next time because FACTS were not used last time.

The TWU, AA and the IBT didn't want to fight with facts and the NMB turned a blind eye to the forgery, the collusion and the gall.

Back