Spring Helicopter Jobs

You 6000 minute dudes are too damn keen........

Now that my boss has read your post he thinks you are great, and wants to hire you and fire me !!

Then he's decided to have all our pilots and engineers stay at Hostels to save money while we chase fires from Dryden to Whitehorse and back. AAAARGH.

Look in HRDC, there is a job for a pilot in Thunder Bay. The company just opened a new base there.

I know Great Slave Heli are looking for people right now, I believe they are looking for pilots with 1500 hrs Minimum, Longline and Drill moving experience would be good to have as well when applying, they are Great people to work for and treat their crews the best of any company I have seen.

Now if memory serves me correctly (it is old and does mess up) there is NO such thing as a "TC approved Mountain Course". You will find "An approved Mountain Course" but not by TC. So any company who wishes to sit down and design their own course layout and training syllabus may do so. This can then be submitted to your local forestry branch for review and their "approval". Then you train your driver accordingly and document this training as with all other training and if you wish you can use MS word to make up a nice fancy certificate so said driver can hang it on his wall.

Again time may recently have changed some of this but I have yet to see an outline by TC for Mountain Course approvals.

howdy everyone........been longtime since I've been on here.....things have been busy. Guess a little good news for myself. I got on the infamous CHL spray crew for the summer. Starting up in a few weeks. I think I was extremely lucky. Did my flight test last friday.....job on Monday. Purely timing...........keep at er kids....

Congrats R22 Captain,

Are you heading out west? Or does CHL have spray crews for Eastern as well? When I flew out west for CHL (CHW at the time) I worked with these crews and most of the guys that were helping out made it in to the pilots seat. I wish the same for you.

All the best.
SAR

:up: :up:

Thank you SAR......it's a big relief to land a job. Yes it is out west. Many of the guys who worked ground crew last year are flying this year. As far as I know the only spraying out east is in Freddy....but apparently a very small op...like 1 pilot and 1 ground crew. Could be some going on in Quebec but I speculate Francais would be required.

:up: Congrats, Robby Captain!!! :up:

While your on the ground crew, keep your head down and your arse up. When all hell breaks lose and it will...don't panic and don't rush!

REMEMBER...Your just killing trees! :wacko:
The Original "Gooper".

haha thanks for the advice Chevy, I'll keep that in mind! I was back in Halifax a month or so ago and saw you out the hanger movin some blades but was unable to find anyone to sneek me out there.

As far as my location it'll be pretty much everywhere north of Edmonton.....I think we're starting in High Level and coming back down from there.

You saw me down in the fishbowl huh? Next time your thru bang on the glass and I'd be glad to show you around :up:

Good luck out west! And when they start calling you newf...just remind them that they're still a bunch of rednecks!!! B)

R22 congrads on the job!

Be aware of CHL and their spray program. There is alot of broken promises there! I have seen alot of ground crew there promised a chance of flying with the Red Crow, and later nothing! Get everything in writing, when it comes to expenses and salary's. I have seen it where they (CHL) gives you $100 a day for a hotel and meals. That won't cut in in Low Level or anywhere for that matter. The Bart Man who runs the spray is OK but flying with the Red Crow, the Bobby Twins make the choices. Have fun good luck, enjoy the early mornings and the mosquitoes. Watch out for the food at the Stardust!

all tips have been noted ;) I'll report back on the stardust B)

T-rex....how long ago were you on the spray crew?
Chevy.....did cougar buy those new 61 blades from carson? Or just taking them for a test run?

R22,

I Managed A Base for CHW for 7 years, worked with the spray crew over the years, got to see alot of good and bad things there. Take what you get in stride. Don't expect any more than what they give you, Work hard and you may be rewarded. It's a start in the industry!

thanks for the advice T-rex......will definatly keep my eyes and years open. I consider myself fairly lucky to have received a job so soon after finishing. Will take full advantage of the situation.

Back