Status Of Hp Supervisors

twambassador

Feb 19, 2003
Hello,

Has anyone heard what's the status of the America West airport Supervisors? My understanding is that at the Old US Airways, they didn't have salaried supervisors at every station. The position comparable to the HP Supervisors is called shift manager and the old US Airways only had them at a handfull of stations. Has any decision been made if the airports are going to keep Supervisors or are they going to be phased out?

Thanks

Hello,

Has anyone heard what's the status of the America West airport Supervisors? My understanding is that at the Old US Airways, they didn't have salaried supervisors at every station. The position comparable to the HP Supervisors is called shift manager and the old US Airways only had them at a handfull of stations. Has any decision been made if the airports are going to keep Supervisors or are they going to be phased out?

Thanks
The company will like to kept them in the union as CSS. And the union will like to kept them in the bargaining unit as CSS. Soooo what is the problem?SENIORITY,CLASSIFICATION,REDUCTIONS IN FORCE.It seems that old(still hear)US Airways management likes to layoff agents and kept company selected CSS's.This has happen at the old US system wide.Layoff senior agents and kept jr-css.Just ask jadjr and many many many many others

HP in Phoenix has a program called SSR (Special Service Representatives) or Red Coats (they were a red/orange jacket). There are supervisors but there are a lot more red coats. They are used to handle oversells, delays, ensure on time performance, find out why a light hasn't pushed etc,. I think they get a littlre more pay per hour. This position allows the higher paid supervisor positions to be reduced.

HP in Phoenix has a program called SSR (Special Service Representatives) or Red Coats (they were a red/orange jacket). There are supervisors but there are a lot more red coats. They are used to handle oversells, delays, ensure on time performance, find out why a light hasn't pushed etc,. I think they get a littlre more pay per hour. This position allows the higher paid supervisor positions to be reduced.
How is the SSR selected since it is a lead agent?
When it comes to reductions in force who stays?
In my station we had 8 CSS and 10 agents.Talk about lights being push!
In my station we all handle oversells, delays, ensure on time performance with or with out CSS's input and do a damn good JOB! All the CSS does outside of a agent is administrative work for management.

What stations does US have Shift Managers? It sounds like thats the only places that the current HP supervisors would be able to retain their jobs.

The CSS position at the old US Air is a waste of man power. To many of them use it to set around 4 hours a day to do 1 hour worth of work. How can someone be CWA brother, a shop steward, and a CSS? Well we have exactly that going on today. I don't even like to talk about the layoff implications that have occurred.

What stations does US have Shift Managers? It sounds like thats the only places that the current HP supervisors would be able to retain their jobs.

A partial list.....
PHL
PIT
CLT
LGA
BOS
DCA/IAD(SHARED)
BNA/MEM(SHARED)
ORD/MKE(SHARED)
ATL/SAV(SHARED)

I have heard that the union CSS/Supervisor positions will be converted to salaried management jobs. It seems like a logical move. How can a union employee be held responsible for the discipline of a fellow member? :unsure: Anyone else have info on this subject?

Phillyfilly, where did you hear that? I agree, it's hard to be a Supervisor if you are not part of Management. How can a Supervisor be able to lead and manage the operation if he/she has no authority to make managerial decisions. It's not feasable to call the Manager everytime a decision needs to be made.

Back