Supreme Court and Marriage equality/Obamacare ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KCFlyer said:

Let me ask you, since the mention of any ceremony isn't on any marriage license...two couples go to get a marriage license.  They both meet the biblical criteria of marriage...one man...one woman per couple.  The sanctity and holiness of marriage is intact.  The first couple is married during a Catholic High Mass and is married by the bishop.  The second couple has their wedding outside, and the officiant is a nude Elvis impersonator who skydives into the park, where they take their vows.  In the eyes of the law - how many couples are married?   In the eyes of God, how many couples are married?   

Both have to perform the act within the requirements of local or state law and each state can be different.

I can't speak for God.

delldude said:

Both have to perform the act within the requirements of local or state law and each state can be different.

I can't speak for God.

Then why do so many on the right feel the need to speak for God when it comes to a committed couple of the same sex who only want to get a license to be viewed as married by the state and federal government?   Because I think a heterosexual couple being married by a skydiving naked Elvis does far more damage to the sanctity of marriage than two gay people being married in a church that will marry them, or by a justice of the peace.  

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Liberals use political correctness to suppress freedom of speech and freedom of expression and you accuse conservatives of being afraid.
delldude said:
Dude, Cass Sunsteins "nudge".
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
"rearrogation of free speech from the realm of inalienable right to state-awarded privilege"

"There is no liberty without dependency."

Yeah, that is a Democrat alright.
delldude said:
Louie Gohmert:

“I think it’s time, not for the Washington Redskins to change their name but for the Democratic Party to change its name. Because all you have to do is go online and look up the history of the Democratic Party. It’s one of oppressing African-Americans. It’s one of supporting slavery and the horrors that occurred in the United States.”
Apparently to a Democrat speech should be a state-awarded privilege and liberty is dependency.

That is what a Democrat calls freedom.

That and wallowing in immoral acts while taking an amoral stance. After all if you subscribe to morals than you are held to a standard. Democrats hate personal responsibility so reject, redefine, subvert, or destroy anything that would hold them to any kind of standard.

Freedom of speech under state-awarded privilege? The only way to be free is to be dependent?

Somebody needs to tell the Democrats 1984 was not supposed to be an instruction manual. 

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Dress it however you want it is still a  group of people with a political agenda trying to silence opposing views through intimidation. 
Only because the opposition will grab any conspiracy theory to panic about.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:

That and wallowing in immoral acts while taking an amoral stance. After all if you subscribe to morals than you are held to a standard. Democrats hate personal responsibility so reject, redefine, subvert, or destroy anything that would hold them to any kind of standard.

So, do I take it that you support Sharia Law? 

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Apparently to a Democrat speech should be a state-awarded privilege and liberty is dependency.

That is what a Democrat calls freedom.

Freedom of speech under state-awarded privilege? The only way to be free is to be dependent?

Somebody needs to tell the Democrats 1984 was not supposed to be an instruction manual.
Where do you come up with this insane stupid bull chit?

Dog Wonder said:
Only because the opposition will grab any conspiracy theory to panic about.

"Conspiracy theory" meaning like the one that everyone that supports the confederate flag is racist?

700UW said:
Apparently you do, since you took the time to reply.

Hamster working overdrive this morning?

funny-gif-hamster-jazz-band.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back