Survey shows Delta lags behind on "brand respect"

Delta is a legacy airline which means perception is negative due to the industry group it is in. I don't see any other airlines listed of any type.

And sometimes you have to ask, "so who really cares?" and "do the measurements you make really translate into anything that matters?" when you see surveys like this.

JC Penney has had real strategic and financial issues but Philip Morris is a stable company that just happens to produce products that are not well-perceived in most of the western world. And then you have NYC trying to limit the portion sizes of soft drinks produced by the top two rated companies.

IOW, so what.

Meanwhile, DL's market cap is still the highest airline in the Americas and one of the highest in the world and DL's customer service metrics are above average even when the low fare carriers are included.

Reactions: 1 person
Dismiss if it you want. Our employer is taking it pretty seriously. Improving the Delta "brand" was the main theme at the recent leadership conference, and they are pushing that idea pretty hard in ACS.

It is precisely because DL recognizes that the legacy carrier segment of the airline industry is damaged that they are putting forth the effort to improve the quality of their product and are succeeding very well at doing it.

But it also doesn't change that airline travel receives poor marks relative to other brands. Consumer products companies will likely always score higher than airlines of any brand.

DOT consumer reports have long been one of the most widely used metrics for how well the airline industry and particular companies with it are doing.

DL's performance has been and continued to improve relative to its peers and the vast majority of DL employees do support the company's efforts and do their jobs well. And since many of the metrics are heavily influenced by airport employees, DL is seeing results from its strategies to work with its employees to improve the company's overall performance and they absolutely should share in the success of what they are helping accomplish.

http://www.dot.gov/sites/dot.dev/files/docs/2013AUGATCR.pdf

It is precisely because of DL's operational performance tied to its growth in key industry markets that explains why DL's financial results are strong and continue to grow.

Reactions: 2 people
yes, there are all kinds of malcontents in the world.
But you should figure out how to read a spreadsheet instead of worrying about trying to trash someone else....

you do realize you do the same thing of embarrassing yourself every time you fly off in one of these rages of trying to make someone else look bad?

After 20K posts, we've got you pegged.

I didn't pick up the mirror... but apparently you did.

and more specifically, what part of "DL's operational performance is helping to bring corporate revenue to DL" do you find to be inaccurate.

The best 700 could do to counter that notion was to post a couple of sites about malcontents.... as if there was any doubt that they existed in any realm of life.

you do realize you do the same thing of embarrassing yourself every time you fly off in one of these rages of trying to make someone else look bad?

After 20K 6.5kish posts, we've got you pegged.

Your above words towards 700 could've easily been written by others about you.

This topic is about specifically about people's perception of DL's "brand," it's poor rankings wrt the same, and the company's mammoth efforts underway to change that, both externally and internally.

Reactions: 2 people
what you and others struggle with and what has made me unpopular with a lot of people is that I am RIGHT....

I am not running a brand here. I am sharing what I see to be happening in the airline industry and I have been right over and over despite the boos and catcalls from the audience.

My responses were indeed to the comments about DL's brand. It was 700 that decided to turn into a personal shoving match and you couldn't help but jump in.

You can't seem to grasp the fact or won't admit it that airlines in general and legacy airlines in particular have bad brand reputations to begin with.

That reality doesn't mean that DL shouldn't work to improve its brand. But it doesn't change that an airline brand is going to fare well compared to a soft drink maker.

Latest posts