sw plane goes off the rnway in mdw

You're right. I am not from Chicago, it is not proper English, and I did not realize it was common practice there. Sorry ??

Sadly, "I seen" is probably viewed by many urban English teachers in this country as success. Here in Los Angeles, nearly every witness to anything bad who is interviewed on the TV news manages several "I seens" in their short account of whatever they witnessed.

finally people will know what there paying for

I'm not an airline employee or pilot, but what the he11 does how much I pay for a seat have to do with the safety of the flight? So your correlation would indicate that low cost carriers are more accident prone than a major legacy carrier. I believe history would indicate just the opposite...although I don't believe that cost structure has anything to do with airline accidents, one way or another. - coffeebeanfutures.com

I'm not an airline employee or pilot, but what the he11 does how much I pay for a seat have to do with the safety of the flight? So your correlation would indicate that low cost carriers are more accident prone than a major legacy carrier. I believe history would indicate just the opposite...although I don't believe that cost structure has anything to do with airline accidents, one way or another. - coffeebeanfutures.com

I agree completely. Southwest is a great airline.

But look at the post ."There, they're,their". We're back to basic grade school grammar.
I wouldn't sweat too much over that opinion. Neither should you.

I believe history would indicate just the opposite...although I don't believe that cost structure has anything to do with airline accidents, one way or another.

Correct, it doesn't have anything to do with cost structure. But accidents do have some correlation with culture, so it's just a matter of time before the historians start dredging up the "cowboy pilot" stuff which surfaced after the BUR overrun.

And the hip shooters come out before the last ambulance has even left the scene...literally.

My heart goes out to all impacted/involved. It also has to go out to those who seem to think that this is an "opportunity" (to sling mud) rather than a tragedy. One slight diff between MDW and BUR incidents...there was a little thing called snow and another complication such as collapsed nose gear that were involved at MDW. Two incidents over 30+ years is a damn good record and I commend all at WN for a remarkable record. FAR better than any other carrier.

My best to all.

maybe its time to realise that low cost carriers such as southwest arent so safe with their go go go take off take off speed threw the runways and be so go go just too make the company money not looking at safety

Lack of class psa. Thats a dumb ass remark. The NTSB will sort this out, but just where is your head?

looks like these boys may have some explaining to do as to why they were trying to land below minimums in a snowstorm

Lack of class psa. Thats a dumb ass remark. The NTSB will sort this out, but just where is your head?
no class is when a company does demand its employees to rush rush go go go to make money and have no respect for the pax to get that plane on the ground so it can keep going

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the price of a ticket. Weather is an act of God. Let's pray none of the injuries are life-threatening.

That said, no airline or aircraft is fool-proof. SWA is as vulnerable as every other airline. Doesn't matter how much money's in the bank.

So very sad! My heart goes out to all the customers, crew and families.

Prayers for all.

Dea

I believe that Southwest has yet to kill a passenger (well, there was ONE, but he was killed by other passengers) in its entire history.

But I'm glad to see Southwest is inventing Neighborhood drop off service (good thing they weren't landing to the other direction... would have had a nice concrete wall to smash and 2 gas stations (eek!)

Back