TAESL RIF Facts

Sounds like an attorny who was willing to take their money. I cant blame the attorny if the local didnt understand the cba and wanted to file suit.

Most TWU members have had to live with the juniority system, sometimes it works out and other times it doesnt. Hasnt 567 been involved in layoffs that involved this same system?

Why didnt they file a lawsuit back then? Could it be that it caused the president to have to move and now its not ok?

I dont see this going anywhere, but good luck!

Just another case of a Texan trying to stick it to another Texan.

Just think AA wants to move stores warehouse to DFW, how good would the synergies be to have 777,767,757,737 and Airbus B checks (A check, phase whatever you want to call it) all done in the relatively cheap hangar space at DFW and to have the 360 some guys on transfer list able to move back home, but I guess it's better to stick your finger in the company's eye, because AA possibly couldn't move that work to Miami JFK or ORD.

TopCat870 said:
Sounds like an attorny who was willing to take their money. I cant blame the attorny if the local didnt understand the cba and wanted to file suit.

Most TWU members have had to live with the juniority system, sometimes it works out and other times it doesnt. Hasnt 567 been involved in layoffs that involved this same system?

Why didnt they file a lawsuit back then? Could it be that it caused the president to have to move and now its not ok?

I dont see this going anywhere, but good luck!
The writing was on the wall for taesl. They over stayed their welcome and now regret it.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
Either someone doesn't understand how "Juniority" works?

Or

It's a valiant effort to try to keep guys in their homes just a bit longer?
Doubt it's the 2nd option.  Isn't this just a case of one group of Texans remaining in their homes vs. another group of Texans doing same?  Also, how often does an outside lawsuit go anywhere if arbitration has not been attempted?  We f/as have binding arbitration as an integral part of the CBA.  Do you not have this feature?  If you do I see a quick dismissal in the near future if the lawyer does not point this out to the plaintiffs.

Speaking of not understanding how Juniority works, add my name to that list.  I don't even pretend to understand what the word MEANS, much less how it works.   :lol:

Reactions: 4 people
jimntx said:
Doubt it's the 2nd option.  Isn't this just a case of one group of Texans remaining in their homes vs. another group of Texans doing same?  Also, how often does an outside lawsuit go anywhere if arbitration has not been attempted?  We f/as have binding arbitration as an integral part of the CBA.  Do you not have this feature?  If you do I see a quick dismissal in the near future if the lawyer does not point this out to the plaintiffs.

Speaking of not understanding how Juniority works, add my name to that list.  I don't even pretend to understand what the word MEANS, much less how it works.   :lol:
Basically there's a guy from AFW with let's say 1/2/2010 seniority and there's a guy with 1/3/2010 seniority at dfw. The guy from AFW wants to work at dfw and have the guy from dfw bump into JFK where there is an opening. Or the AFW guy wants to go to phx where the bottom guy has 1-3-2010 seniority and have that guy go to JFK.

Instead of the AFW guy going where the open spot is, the AFW guy wants to go where his seniority will take him. He has a point, but the TWU way is if you get laid off you go to where there are openings or where the lowest seniority guy is. Unfortunately every time there is a layoff the system is different, one time all the Tulsa guys got laid off first took all the open slots at dfw then the line stations got what was left over LAX JFK. one lay off there was the bump and roll where guys got bumped twice.

The juniority way is so Anti-Union. Seniority should take you where it takes you. Another great TWU failure!

Wasn't there talk of a virtual rif at one time, eliminating the actual bump and roll process?

700UW said:
The IAM/US language is bumping, not juniority, that is for M&R.

you are really starting to creep me out, do you even have
a job? We know what the f--- bumping means, the one station
rule trumps seniority at AA. Right or wrong thems the apples.
 Now please go enjoy your retirement or unemployment checks
or cellmate and leave the discussions to the people who are actually 
affected by the topics.

Reactions: 6 people
chilokie1 said:

you are really starting to creep me out, do you even have
a job? We know what the f--- bumping means, the one station
rule trumps seniority at AA. Right or wrong thems the apples.
 Now please go enjoy your retirement or unemployment checks
or cellmate and leave the discussions to the people who are actually 
affected by the topics.
This board is for anyone who wants to post, if you dont like my posts, use the ignore feature.

Once again, another one who cant debate or discuss the issue, you have to attack the poster.

No one forces you to come here nor read my posts.

700UW said:
This board is for anyone who wants to post, if you dont like my posts, use the ignore feature.
Once again, another one who cant debate or discuss the issue, you have to attack the poster.
No one forces you to come here nor read my posts.

All i'am saying is get a life ! Dam!!

Rogallo said:
The juniority way is so Anti-Union. Seniority should take you where it takes you. Another great TWU failure!

Wasn't there talk of a virtual rif at one time, eliminating the actual bump and roll process?
Agreed. Why anyone agreed to juniority is beyond me.

That said, a virtual RIF (using seniority) is a good idea, IMO. Get it done and settled before the first moving van is loaded...

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Agreed. Why anyone agreed to juniority is beyond me.
That said, a virtual RIF (using seniority) is a good idea, IMO. Get it done and settled before the first moving van is loaded...
It was "probably" a concession from the Union when the company was obliged to pay $12,500 in our contract? Also according to juniority it's meant to minimize the amount of people affected by bumping out the least junior in the system first.

Otherwise I get bumped from LAX. I bump one guy in DFW and he bumps the guy below him in MIA who then bumps the last guy in JFK. Juniority just makes me knock out that guy in JFK and only 2 are affected rather than 4.

(Been laid off and bumped the system twice BTW)

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
It was "probably" a concession from the Union when the company was obliged to pay $12,500 in our contract? Also according to juniority it's meant to minimize the amount of people affected by bumping out the least junior in the system first.

Otherwise I get bumped from LAX. I bump one guy in DFW and he bumps the guy below him in MIA who then bumps the last guy in JFK. Juniority just makes me knock out that guy in JFK and only 2 are affected rather than 4.

(Been laid off and bumped the system twice BTW)
Layoffs should never be made easier on the company. 

OldGuy@AA said:
Layoffs should never be made easier on the company.

Easier on the company and the guy in DFW and MIA that I described. But Seniority vs Juniority can be a very debatable subject.

And yes in 03 there were senior guys to me that got stuck going to LGA when their first choice was MIA and I got awarded MIA which was my first choice.