take another look

sargon

Nov 10, 2005
Did the scabs put nwa or the aviation industry where its today? the answer is YES; but, not the NWA scabs.
here is my conclusions after 18 moths of miticulous analiys,serious investigations and personal experiences.
It all goes back to the 70's and 80,s when the amt's hired by SWA worked for half the mayors wages with no benefits, at AWA you had to pay $1,000.00 to purchase co stock to be hired (it was required)and the wages were 1/3 the mayors with no benefits, then was CAL (LORENZO)terminated contracts,cut wages in half but the AMT'S kept working...
then came TWA in the 90's the same thing happend, pensions frozen,wages benefits decimated but the amt's kept on working.
then came LCC like
jetblue,airtran,morris air,midway air,spirit airlines,
the AMT'S were willing to work for half the mayors is wages with no benefits.
then came 9/11 UNITED and USAIRWAYS abolished their contracts,teminated pensions,cut wages 40 %
but the AMT'S kept working, some even took partime jobs with the contractors for $17.00 hr (0 benefits)NOT even free flying.
all the above accounts for over 70% of the available seats on any given day
where were the unions aim,teamsters,amfa during all this they where organizing strikes and slow downs at the mayors
instead of protesting/organizing the LCC ( some of you may remenber when president REAGAN fired all the traffic controllers and the nation is unions DID NOTHING.
SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE SCABS LOOK AT THE LCC'S AMT'S.
i hope this will help

That sounds a lot like some of the excuses used by NW scabs for crossing our picket line. Are you one of those, sargon? <_<

I think your "18 moths of miticulous analiys :rolleyes: is slightly off. Your fairly incoherant rambling post is hard to decipher. Have you been drinking? Something is amiss here. :blink:

FYI sargon, there is no other union on strike at any LCC, or any other airline for that matter. Only AMFA at Scab Air. Therefore, to be a scab you must willing cross a picket line, not just work for low wages and no benefits.

Like Purdue Pete stated, are you now a lowly scab? Looks like it to us. :down:

Though sargon's post is a bit difficult to read he does raise some good points. The major airlines do set the standards for the industry pay and you guys and your unions have totally screwed the pooch on this one. Of course that AMT title hasn't helped much either. Hey check out our AMT craft we are so proud of. It has so many intriguing properties, it’s unskilled, you have to belong to a union for decent pay and even then you get to suck up concessions. It is a very erratic industry with one consistency and that is the number of layoffs. The really good point though is you can quit flipping burgers and join our ranks overnight, no training required.

...UNITED and USAIRWAYS abolished their contracts,teminated pensions,cut wages 40 %...

Well lets see....

I was still at UAL following 9-11 and the contract there was NOT abolished, and while wages were cut, it was NOWHEREnear 40%.

Oh and PTO, the burger flippers may join "your" ranks at the 3rd party hack shops, where multi-day engine changes are the norm, but they won't be joining "ours".

Did the scabs put nwa or the aviation industry where its today? the answer is YES; but, not the NWA scabs.
here is my conclusions after 18 moths of miticulous analiys,serious investigations and personal experiences.
It all goes back to the 70's and 80,s when the amt's hired by SWA worked for half the mayors wages with no benefits, at AWA you had to pay $1,000.00 to purchase co stock to be hired (it was required)and the wages were 1/3 the mayors with no benefits, then was CAL (LORENZO)terminated contracts,cut wages in half but the AMT'S kept working...
then came TWA in the 90's the same thing happend, pensions frozen,wages benefits decimated but the amt's kept on working.
then came LCC like
jetblue,airtran,morris air,midway air,spirit airlines,
the AMT'S were willing to work for half the mayors is wages with no benefits.
then came 9/11 UNITED and USAIRWAYS abolished their contracts,teminated pensions,cut wages 40 %
but the AMT'S kept working, some even took partime jobs with the contractors for $17.00 hr (0 benefits)NOT even free flying.
all the above accounts for over 70% of the available seats on any given day
where were the unions aim,teamsters,amfa during all this they where organizing strikes and slow downs at the mayors
instead of protesting/organizing the LCC ( some of you may remenber when president REAGAN fired all the traffic controllers and the nation is unions DID NOTHING.
SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE SCABS LOOK AT THE LCC'S AMT'S.
i hope this will help

Is eighteen months the amount of time that you have spent in aviation?

Are you a SCAB?

Don't make the mistake of confusing your aviation opinions with fact.

Is eighteen months the amount of time that you have spent in aviation?

Are you a SCAB?

Don't make the mistake of confusing your aviation opinions with fact.

no, i do not work in the airline industry.
I KNEW YOU GUYS WOULD'T GET...
like peter says " you can show the horse to the river; but you can not make him drink the water.

so long.......

like peter says " you can show the horse to the river; but you can not make him drink the water.

so long.......

Don't let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya! ;)

so long.......
hi all, i work for nwa in san diego (out since aug 18)
we heard that nwa is pulling out all scabs (outsourcing) from here , no more ron,turnarounds etc,etc.
is it just rumors?
does anyone know.
the best to you aLL
SARGON

Hmmmmmm, So how does working for NWA exclude you from working in the airline industry? Where you say " (out since aug 18)" would lead one to believe you were out on strike. So what gives?

You guys are unreal.

...and you are??? Oh now I recall, you're a SCAB. HA HA HA!

Did you hear what happened outside of one of the airport bars? A former IAM steward (mechanics) who is now a SCAB was beaten then had his face rubbed on the parking surface. I'd say that I feel bad for him...BUT I DON'T. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)