The AFL-CIO Defends Union Violence As A ‘Legitimate’ Union Activity

I have to hand it to sites like redstate. They have managed to convince people like you that this is a serious issue confronting the United States.

I missed the memo where only issues serious issues confronting the United States are allowed at The Water Cooler.

People like you are better suited for serious threads like the Word Association.

Reactions: 1 person
I missed the memo where only issues serious issues confronting the United States are allowed at The Water Cooler.

People like you are better suited for serious threads like the Word Association.

I can think of a lot of other things that have a bigger affect on the average American than this "issue". How about the staganation of middle class wages over the past twenty five years. Or how about the top 1% controlling 40% of this nations wealth. Do you think that is healthy for a democracy to have?

There's a chance that you are paying a greater percentage of your income in taxes than say Mitt Romney or Warren Buffett. Does that bother you or are you more concerned about "union violence"? If you are then there is something wrong.

I can think of a lot of other things that have a bigger affect on the average American than this "issue". How about the staganation of middle class wages over the past twenty five years. Or how about the top 1% controlling 40% of this nations wealth. Do you think that is healthy for a democracy to have?

There's a chance that you are paying a greater percentage of your income in taxes than say Mitt Romney or Warren Buffett. Does that bother you or are you more concerned about "union violence"? If you are then there is something wrong.

No it's not healthy. Blame the fed! Even Osama Ben Bernanke admits that the Fed caused the Great Depression, same as now with the Great Recession. Tow immediate things in common. The Fed manipulating currency and the concentration of wealth at the top..

Violence and the initiation of force is always important and it shouldn't happen. When it does the full weight of the law must prevail whether it be company gun thug or union mob. In a society based on the fundamental principle of individual Liberty the use of force can never be tolerated.

Reactions: 1 person
http://www.justice.g...bor-unions.html

"Part of OCGS' (Organized Crime and Gang Section) mission involves combating the infiltration by organized criminal groups of labor unions, employer organizations and their affiliated employee benefit plans in the private sector of the economy. Historically, elements of organized criminal groups referred to as La Cosa Nostra (LCN ) or the "Mafia" gained substantial corrupt influence, and even control in some instances, over labor unions by creating a climate of fear and intimidation among their members by threats and acts of violence. Through such domination, these criminal groups were able to place their associates in key official positions with various unions and in other positions of influence and to thereby exploit the unions and the employers which dealt with such unions and derive illegal proceeds from the operation of the unions' affairs and labor-management relations".

Apparently Red State aren't the only ones concerned about union criminal activity

http://www.justice.g...bor-unions.html

"Part of OCGS' (Organized Crime and Gang Section) mission involves combating the infiltration by organized criminal groups of labor unions, employer organizations and their affiliated employee benefit plans in the private sector of the economy. Historically, elements of organized criminal groups referred to as La Cosa Nostra (LCN ) or the "Mafia" gained substantial corrupt influence, and even control in some instances, over labor unions by creating a climate of fear and intimidation among their members by threats and acts of violence. Through such domination, these criminal groups were able to place their associates in key official positions with various unions and in other positions of influence and to thereby exploit the unions and the employers which dealt with such unions and derive illegal proceeds from the operation of the unions' affairs and labor-management relations".

Apparently Red State aren't the only ones concerned about union criminal activity

I have to hand to sites like redstate, talk radio and Fox News. They have managed to convince you that trivial matters that have very little affect on you are actually important and that things that can have serious consequences are not important.

I have to hand to sites like redstate, talk radio and Fox News. They have managed to convince you that trivial matters that have very little affect on you are actually important and that things that can have serious consequences are not important.

Three replies saying the same thing.

You're concern for my opinion is appreciated.

I've got a fan club on the USAirways board you might want to join.