The LOW CLASS in LCC Strikes Again

This WAS addressed E-A-R-L-I-E-R.....some people want to believe what THEY want to BELIEVE. The snack was never intended to be sold in F/C, and just because a pax is seated in F/C doesn't entitle him/her to anything onboard. Personally I get real tired of the "I want, I need, I gotta have...." attitudes.

Come on A lounge can't you spare a Jumbo sammitch?

QUOTE(Travelpro72 @ Nov 4 2006, 12:48 PM)

Employees that say "LEAVE", what is that doing for YOUR paycheck? It's like the company is saying, "This is the way it is and if you don't like it leave". Well they now see that FF's ARE leaving. They continue to pull this crap. It honestly makes no sense.

If the employees that have this attitude would leave, bring back the laid off ones who don't have this attitude, wow that would be a big win for customer service. They're too stupid to think that FF's leaving means eventually they will leave without a choice.

Why should I tell someone to stay so I can get my paycheck? How about I provide outstanding customer service and don't hold it against customers if they find a better deal. More power to them.

Cusotmers are being abused and taken for granted, but not by the employees. Complaining to the employees does nothing to change your plight. Mgmnt is the only one who can change the things that suck. Employees already agree with you and are telling mgmnt they suck. Join in the chorus. They don't care. Do you get it yet? Employees think the purpose of the airline is to provide customer service (and they provide it). Mgmt thinks customer service and profit is inversely proportional (so they minimize service to maximize profit).

Stay if you want. But don't stay on account of altruism to employees. Its business. Take your money were you get the best value. Don't be ashamed, be happy.

The next initiative from Tempe. Just to keep the FFs from posting.

Bologna (I would say jumbo but the people still afraid PIT will rise again would poop on their computers) on white bread with stolen mustard from the local diner for a First Class snack. And Fritos.

Oh yes, this will replace the snack basket.

Welcome to the county slammer.

Don't do the time on this board if you can't do the time.

Bad Boys Bad Boys whatcha gonna do when we come for you?
ummmm. Sounds good. Can I get mine fried? I love freid bologna. (can you tell I'm a good ol southern red neck?)

ummmm. Sounds good. Can I get mine fried? I love freid bologna. (can you tell I'm a good ol southern red neck?)

You've made me hungry, L4PI.

If we could get something like the Primanti Brothers sammich or a Pittsbugh-style steak salad in the PIT area, I think many FC travelers would be content... good idea, but I don't think the fries would hold up well.

Pheonix

While I agree that customer satisfaction is a management issue. Employees also have a say in the process, and can make a difference.

When a FA sits down in a customer seat and ignors the customer, the other FAs should do something about it. Management can't be on every plane. That FA needs to be reported, and the others should makes sure the customer is taken care of, if their co-worker does not.

It effects all of the workers because pi$$ed off customers go elsewhere, and profit decline, and your profit sharing goes down. It is called working as a team, and the good of all customers.

I am not picking of FAs but that example of a lazy worker was given earlier. All employees need to use the tools they are given for customer satisfaction, and to make sure their co-workers are doing that as well. But that is hard when the employees have a very deep "not in my job description" attitude.

As I said in the past, US has many great employees and like other business has poor employees as well, to me it seams the poor employee ranks are increasing.

Pheonix

While I agree that customer satisfaction is a management issue. Employees also have a say in the process, and can make a difference...., to me it seams the poor employee ranks are increasing.

The original complaint was that First Class passengers were being required to buy their lunch. That is not an employees fault. To think that mgmnt would presume to be able to abuse passengers like that says a lot about what they think of passengers. It is embarassing.

If employees are not performing to standards then they need their bu tt kicked.

If passengers vote with their checkbook then I aplaud them.

Cheers

OK that's fair but let's take a look at a PHL-DEN round trip scheduled for Nov 27 returning on December 1, 2006

Fares from Expedia less than a minute ago.

Frontier from $342
United from $373
US Airways from $472

US and UA both have a first class product. When you compare and contrast the 2 levels of service the higher price does NOT equate to a higher level of service.

For my personal "I want, I need, I gotta have...." attitude let me say that if US was charging Frontiers $342 and offering what they offer then I'd say you have a great point and I should shut up.
I totally agree! The problem stems from a Management and Marketing direction that is OUT of TOUCH. This "hybrid" idea of being a combination of a legacy carrier with the influence of a low cost competitor sounds great on paper BUT........You better know your Customer AND you better understand your competition. I am all for a quality F/C product and expect F/A's to deliver the product in a professional manner and a customer base that can expect consistency. (My earlier post meant no disrespect for our F/C pax but, just because a product is made avail to Coach does not mean it should be compl in F/C. The issue centers on Marketing of "the Product").
However that is NOT the case, US is $99.00 higher and in that case I need, I want is I think rather appropriate.

Back