The ol' BEAR is 'on the move again' ..smarter and More (AMTRAK) trained !

Status
Not open for further replies.
delldude said:

Immigrants who came to this country legally from all points on the compass come to mind.....

But wear down quickly.....

Your right dell,...........all the 'Guido's.....and 'Liam's' ......got off the boats @ Ellis Island....Then found the local UNION HALLS, then ......'PRESTO'., they found themselves in the NYPD or FDNY or the TWU local 100, on the NY Subway, or the Penn Central or the NY Central !

And that 'system' still works quite well TODAY !

Unionism is STILL...as American...as 'APPLE Pie and Chevrolet !

( The 'ol BEAR don't lie...dell ) !

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Can there be any More beautiful area than the vastly historic Hudson River valley of New York and  on over to the Berkshire area of Massachusetts ?
The Unmistaken..political " BLUE." is as colorful..as the gorgeous GREEN of an area as similiar as that of IRELAND.

A little small Amtrak station where leisure time will equal that of Working time, plus $30.00 an hour , Ample O/T and UNION Rules to boot !

A Very good place for an (getting older) BEAR !  (As a matter of fact, there are real BEARS all over this area) !

Life is (UNION) GOOD !
$30/hour? Our first year analysts base is $70k now with an annual bonus of upto their full annual salary and you come on here gloating about $30/hr and that's what the top of the scale?

Josh

So next time I take Acela (almost never) do I ask for Archie at South Station?

Josh

Wow only in America(and in the Airline Forums)...this went from a Bear's retirement among the baby Blues to a political diatribe to a union vs non-union to 737823 vs 700UW forum to a regular b!tch session.

I'm finally getting the full impact of Obamacare. Yes it will cost you one way or another. Keep your Doctor, but if he isn't on the program then you will pay extra for him. And expect the QUALITY of your healthcare to go from The BEST to THE BUTCHER! you are warned!

Unions and non-unions have a symbiotic relationship...they feed off each other. One cannot survive without the other. That is the bottom line. To eliminate one will destroy the other. Management would love to eliminate unions. Then they can better control the employees individually!

...divide and conquer

I had a choice between health insurances. When they narrowed it down to one they eliminated benefits because most health care providers were not on the ONE AND ONLY INSURANCE list.

...different situation same outcome.

Josh and 700 should get their @$$es back to the US Air or American or whatever anal-retentive forum they belong to!

737823 said:
So what if I did, any union worth anything would protect their members from management discipline so what gives.

Still waiting for Kev to answer my questions.

Josh

That's unwarranted and undeserved, Pal.

Any union I ever was involved in and its about four, fought for its members.......member doesn't abide by the posted rules of conduct and/or the contract, the union does what it can with management to correct the problem and the final resolution is in the members hands.....

Many other issues arise of varied significance but I bet rule associated ones are the most frequent.

737823 said:
$30/hour? Our first year analysts base is $70k now with an annual bonus of upto their full annual salary and you come on here gloating about $30/hr and that's what the top of the scale?

Josh

B - F - D ......(your jr. ANALyst).
And when the Poor-Bas-tard gets 'shown-the-door' over a personality conflict with a DICK HEAD member of Management, ..... THEN WHAT   ?????????
(Maybe UNDER the DESK) ???????????

737823 said:
So what if I did, any union worth anything would protect their members from management discipline so what gives.

Josh
...And they do.

That's a totally separate issue from the idea that you were all for "having a chat" with AA mgmt. regarding your perception(s) of employee behavior.

Answer your questions? Really?

If you can't figure out what I wrote, I can't help you.

737823 said:
They'll remain gainfully employed in a high paying job long after your collective bargaining rights are stripped and Amtrak funding is cut further. Amtrak is such a joke, even the flagship Acela line the trains are old, slow and dirty. Travel on your NRSA passes to Japan, Germany or Switzerland and see how a real rail system operates (and they're union too!)

Still waiting for you to show how there has been no Jewish involvement in the labor movement. I wish you were correct, but unfortunately you are wrong.

People are only terminated for not performing. If you do your job, show up and do as expected you have nothing to fear. We hire top talent from target schools and never have difficulty finding talented, competitive and hard working people. Seems like you are the type of employee that wouldn't last a single day at an unorganized workplace because you likely don't follow the rules, don't perform as expected, take advantage of the system. Do I ask for Archie next time I take Acela from South Station?

Josh
NewHampshire Black Bears said:
B - F - D ......(your jr. ANALyst).
And when the Poor-Bas-tard gets 'shown-the-door' over a personality conflict with a DICK HEAD member of Management, ..... THEN WHAT   ?????????
(Maybe UNDER the DESK) ???????????
They'll remain gainfully employed in a high paying job long after your collective bargaining rights are stripped and Amtrak funding is cut further. Amtrak is such a joke, even the flagship Acela line the trains are old, slow and dirty. Travel on your NRSA passes to Japan, Germany or Switzerland and see how a real rail system operates (and they're union too!)

Still waiting for you to show how there has been no Jewish involvement in the labor movement. I wish you were correct, but unfortunately you are wrong.

People are only terminated for not performing. If you do your job, show up and do as expected you have noting to fear. We hire too talent from target schools and never have difficulty finding talented, competitive and hard working people. Seems like you are the type of employee that wouldn't last a single day at an unorganized workplace because you likely don't follow the rules, don't perform as expected, take advantage of the system. Do I ask for Archie next time I take Acela from South Station?

Josh

737823 said:

Josh
How much talent does it take to paint over the graffiti on box cars?

southwind said:
And you are anti-company. Next!
Wrong again.

I was an instructor for the HPWO at US Airways for the IAM.

Look up HPWO and see what it is.

And defending my members against the company when they violate the CBA that they agreed to, is not anti-company, its pro-worker.

Also I went DC and lobbied on behalf of US when they needed to get the slots for the LGW route.

And went to DC to lobby for the ATSB loan program that US applied for.

southwind said:
How much talent does it take to paint over the graffiti on box cars?

Not much but unions are all about creating inefficiencies and protecting incompetent unperforming workers and increasing costs for everyone.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back