The Positive US Airways Thread

SS255

Veteran
Aug 10, 2004
LAX via AVP
Since the one positive US Airways thread in a long time got locked, and in honor of US Airways' Triple Play milestone, I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to what we like about US. If you are a customer (or a former customer), please post what you like (or miss) about flying US. If you are an employee, please post what (besides the paycheck) you like about working at US.

#1 on my list by a landslide is the employees. I have made many friends over the years among the employee ranks at US, and they are individually and collectively some of the greatest people I know.

Other things I like about US:

CLT.
Envoy Suites.
PHL-TLV.
The operation at AVP.
The most nonstop flights out of AVP.
Comfortable leather seats in Y.
The CP desk (I don't have access to it, but my father is on the phone with them just about every day. He probably has a "rap sheet" a mile long already.)
Flavia coffee machines in the US Clubs.
Star Alliance award redemption ability without Starnet blocking.
Row 22 and Seats 9 D & E on the 321's.
US's on-time performance record the past couple of years.
Wifi access on the 321's.
The E 170's and (the remaining) E190's.
The Envoy lounge in PHL.
The snack basket in F.
Decent shot at an upgrade, even at the Silver and Gold levels.
Rocking chairs in US's hub airports.

I think that's a pretty good start. Please feel free to keep this thread alive.

Being furloughed for the last 18 months, oh wait this is a feel GOOD thread. I guess being able to non-rev while furloughed still.

Since the one positive US Airways thread in a long time got locked, and in honor of US Airways' Triple Play milestone, I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to what we like about US. If you are a customer (or a former customer), please post what you like (or miss) about flying US. If you are an employee, please post what (besides the paycheck) you like about working at US.

#1 on my list by a landslide is the employees. I have made many friends over the years among the employee ranks at US, and they are individually and collectively some of the greatest people I know.

Other things I like about US:

The operation at AVP.

I think that's a pretty good start. Please feel free to keep this thread alive.

I have to agree with you 100% about AVP. We diverted there back in the winter and I can't say enough good things about the ground crews there, especially the ramp.

Going into negotiations with bargaining groups, they will have the money to give back to the front line that has sacrificed so much to get the compamy to profitability.

It's the employees that have carried this airline on their backs, you should all be proud..You are the ones that proved everyone wrong that US would be long gone.....Thats the biggest positive this airline has going for it...Congrats to everyone on the Triple Play payout...

I've worked for 4 other airlines in addition to US. But ultimately based on the closeness of the employees that work together, the feeling of family, the dedication, THAT is what made me stay. Granted, not everyone gets along, but I know, deep down we've got each others back, because thats what family is all about.

I've always thought that we would stay chuggin along, and not only that but to rise above and turn it around. We seem to be on that track in spite of all the naysayers. We've been kicked, dragged through the mud, kicked again, but we still come up with a big old smile (yes old ;-))) on our faces. We make do with what we've got and we've come through shining, in spite of what everyone else said. (to me, thats best part) B)

We have the most dedicated, hardworking folks in the industry and I am proud to fly the flag - even with the swoosh :lol:

It's the employees that have carried this airline on their backs, you should all be proud..You are the ones that proved everyone wrong that US would be long gone.....Thats the biggest positive this airline has going for it..

I've worked for 4 other airlines in addition to US. But ultimately based on the closeness of the employees that work together, the feeling of family, the dedication, THAT is what made me stay. Granted, not everyone gets along, but I know, deep down we've got each others back, because thats what family is all about.

You guys have said it best! ;)

Whether it's the old blue colors or the cheap swoosh today it really doesn't matter. The interiors five years later are hodge podge and cheaply done. I like the new blue leather seating but it's just a jackass attempt of an interior mod. Look at other carriers if you really want to see how it's done. How about a Delta md-80 or a former Northwest dc-9? They were overhauled inside from head to toe. Oh, go and look on airliners.net or jetphotos.net and look at the former 757's that Delta got from AA that were TWA planes. You'll clearly see where our management mindset is when it comes to "sprucing up". It says it all. :rolleyes:

In 2004 and 2005, I was looking for a message to come at anytime that US is ceasing operations, I had new job projects ready for the day I had to jump off this sinking ship. So what I like best is that feeling of being brought back from the edge of the abis. Today we are running a respectable airline (arguably) with a much stronger balance sheet. It's been awhile since I felt the need to speculate how much time we have left.

Say what you will about Doug, but I feel he gets credit for saving two airlines. He was givin the helm of the Posideidon and the Titanic, put on a bunch of bandages, and with the best crew in the industry, he steared us to clear waters and now we are in the position where we can return these ships to there original grandeur and beyond. I feel we all owe him a drink.

I feel we all owe him a drink.
FUNNY!

I have been extremely fortunate even through the turmoil of the past several years. I fly out of ORF and attribute my insulation from most of the negative consequences of multiple bankruptcies, mergers, labor unrest, etc. to the great folks in ORF that see me off and welcome me home. Of course it's disappointing that ORF seems to be more and more an express station (and I hope that trend reverses!) but all in all I don't see (as a customer) US Airways being more difficult to fly than any other legacy airline.

My thanks to the entire ORF team and all the other dedicated US Air(ways) employees. It's been (mostly) a pleasure flying with you over the past 12 years, even through the bumps.

Other positives:
CP Line
PHL getting better
Glenlivet 12 Y.O. Scotch w/ Walkers Shortbread (don't be so quick to judge!)
E190's (sorry to see them going though)
Free Internet in clubs (finally!)
Free beer/wine (except PHL of course) in clubs
Award trips to Europe with my daughter!

Y'all have a great day and continued good luck!

Back