The Regionals are comming the Regionals are commin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not anytime soon. We still have plenty of M/L aircraft to see to that.

As it stands, we have one XJ CRJ-900 daily (when it actually operates), and 2 9E flights using CRJ-200's. No CP yet.

update.......

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Northwest Airlines launched its new 76-seat Embraer 175 regional jet today with a flight from Minneapolis to Omaha, Nebraska.

The Northwest Airlink flight by Northwest's subsidiary, Compass Airlines, left Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport this morning with 76 passengers and a crew of 4 and arrived a little over an hour later at Omaha's Eppley Airfield.

Compass introduced its first two E-175s today. The planes will fly between Minneapolis and Omaha; Dallas-Fort Worth; Missoula, Montana; and Nashville, Tennessee. Compass expects to operate 10 of the airplanes by the end of the year and 36 by the end of 2008.

Compass is based in Chantilly, Virginia, near Dulles International Airport

source of story

NEVER will I be happy about ANY regional airline replacing main line jobs.
(At my beloved AA, AE is a perfect example)
Having said that,
NW would do well to create their OWN In-house regional airline, and shet can(over time) mesaba/pinnicle and mesa, and go all compass, and if possible go ALL EMB-175's.

I'm actually looking forward to flying on the EMB, and I'll get my chance soon, as NW is putting the EMB-175 on their lone flt to MSP, from MHT fairly soon.

NEVER will I be happy about ANY regional airline replacing main line jobs.
(At my beloved AA, AE is a perfect example)
Having said that,
NW would do well to create their OWN In-house regional airline, and shet can(over time) mesaba/pinnicle and mesa, and go all compass, and if possible go ALL EMB-175's.

I'm actually looking forward to flying on the EMB, and I'll get my chance soon, as NW is putting the EMB-175 on their lone flt to MSP, from MHT fairly soon.

I am on the outside of the industry looking in but isnt Mesaba owned by NW? Just wondering.

Amigo--

Mesaba and Compass are already wholly owned by NWA.

My guess for the future is that Compass will be our version of AE, with XJ still flying the smaller routes (turboprops) and some longer/thinner ones with the -900.

I would think that Pinnacle will eventually be phased out, which is why it was a smart bet for them to buy Colgan and take on other carrier's flying.

I sure hope it's nicer than the CRJ-900. That thing is a nightmare.

Kev,
Though I've never seen the "bellys" of the EMB, I gonna take a stab at guessing that the bins (F+R)should have headroom somewhere between the DC9's(bad) and 320's(good), and the depth manageable with 1 guy inside.

Keep me poster though Plz.

Will do. :)

The only thing good about the CRJ-900 is that I can stand up in the aft bin (though no one will ever accuse me of being tall). The bins for carry-ons are a pain in the a$$.

As for DC9's vs. A320's, let's just say I'm very happy that my shift is DC9 free!

Compass Airlines. You all know who they're associated with. Well spread the word to the people of Louisville and the state of Kentucky. They've just been snookered. :shock: There are some nice hangar facilities the people on Minnesota got stuck with. Don't go the same way!
Airport Adds New Compass Airlines Facility

With each passing day, Compass looks more and more like NW's version of Mid-Atlantic...especially considering the fact that Cohen's got his hand in it. :down:

I don't think the state of KY is financing the project, so there's really no risk for the state.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.d...D=2007709150376

The airport will build the three-bay facility and lease it to Compass, "and we can pass that saving on," Burris said.

Compass also will receive as much as $2.3 million in state incentives over 10 years in the form of tax credits, job-training grants and sales-tax refunds on construction materials, said J.R. Wilhite, commissioner of the Kentucky Department for New Business Development.

The only risk the Commonwealth of Kentucky will incur (other than the possible loss of $2.3M in incentive monies) will be the chance that Compass will pull out of their lease for some reason and the City of Louisville will be stuck with a $9.85M white elephant.

I have been working for another airline at the Cincinnati/Northern KY airport (CVG) for almost a year now. We're located in KY, approx. 80 miles away from Louisville (SDF). There is a fairly new hangar facility here that used to be occupied by Mesaba (which currently sits vacant). It would easily be able to support whatever maintenance Compass has planned for their fleet.

Was this existing facility ever considered for use by Compass? If it wasn't, I bet it was because Compass didn't want to pick up the lease payments on it - NW would rather stick it to another community that has not experienced their way of doing business. I'll bet that Mesaba had the CVG airport build them the hangar, and also provided them with incentives for the lease rights. So after Mesaba bailed on their lease for whatever reason, the CVG airport is forced to try and find another occupant for the hangar to recoup lost rent. I hope that this scenario doesn't happen again to the folks at SDF. But, knowing the track record for NW, I'm fairly sure that it will...

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.d...D=2007709150376

I have been working for another airline at the Cincinnati/Northern KY airport (CVG) for almost a year now. We're located in KY, approx. 80 miles away from Louisville (SDF). There is a fairly new hangar facility here that used to be occupied by Mesaba (which currently sits vacant). It would easily be able to support whatever maintenance Compass has planned for their fleet.

Was this existing facility ever considered for use by Compass? If it wasn't, I bet it was because Compass didn't want to pick up the lease payments on it - NW would rather stick it to another community that has not experienced their way of doing business. I'll bet that Mesaba had the CVG airport build them the hangar, and also provided them with incentives for the lease rights. So after Mesaba bailed on their lease for whatever reason, the CVG airport is forced to try and find another occupant for the hangar to recoup lost rent. I hope that this scenario doesn't happen again to the folks at SDF. But, knowing the track record for NW, I'm fairly sure that it will...

I'd like to know why Mesaba didn't consider using the CVG hangar for maintenance on their CRJ-900's, opting instead to build a hangar in Iowa (DSM? SUX?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back