The release of Flynn's sentencing memo is tomorrow.

yawn.gif

I think the inner circle Trumpettes have seen the handwriting on the wall and are moving toward the exits life jackets in hand. (Please do not inflate your vest inside the aircraft.)

Young Mr. Ayers, Georgia millionaire and current Chief of Staff to V-P Pence was named today as successor to General Kelly. Not so fast there. He turned down Trump's offer of the White House Chief of Staff because Trump insisted he commit to a 2-year term. He offered to serve temporarily, but Trump would settle for nothing less than a 2-year term.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/09/politics/ayers-white-house-chief-of-staff/index.html

My personal opinion: (Yes, I know you are breathless from waiting on this.) I think Mr. Ayers suspects that there is no guarantee that Trump will be around 2 years from now. The boy is pretty smart, don't you think?

Refusal #2 (that we know of for sure): Rick Santorum, Congressman and Religious Nut Case, has refused the Chief of Staff job "because of his family situation." Yeah, ok. That's 2 refusals for family reasons. I hope the next refuser is more creative in his/her excuse. Otherwise, he/she risks being boring.

Last edited:
Refusal #2 (that we know of for sure): Rick Santorum, Congressman and Religious Nut Case, has refused the Chief of Staff job "because of his family situation." Yeah, ok. That's 2 refusals for family reasons. I hope the next refuser is more creative in his/her excuse. Otherwise, he/she risks being boring.

Add Newt Gingrich to The "the "No thank you, not interested" list. Newt did not bother with a bogus excuse either. He is reported to have simply said, "not interested." The "dozens" of people interested is down to a list of about 4 who are "rumored" to be interested. I think Chris Christie would be a good choice, but since he would be willing to tell the Donald the truth I doubt he has a snowball's chance in Hell. If picked, he probably wouldn't last long either.

Too many already know Flynn's testimony is the tip of the iceberg. Who wants to be the rat on a sinking ship when the Captain is the first to jump in a lifeboat?

SIL to the rescue.

Add Newt Gingrich to The "the "No thank you, not interested" list. Newt did not bother with a bogus excuse either. He is reported to have simply said, "not interested." The "dozens" of people interested is down to a list of about 4 who are "rumored" to be interested. I think Chris Christie would be a good choice, but since he would be willing to tell the Donald the truth I doubt he has a snowball's chance in Hell. If picked, he probably wouldn't last long either.

Chris Christie not selected as Chief of Staff. However, revolving door continues in use. Ryan Zinke, Secretary of the Interior, has announced he is leaving his post.

Heard on TV that the guy who is going to be Chief of Staff has agreed to be an "Acting" Chief. No one seems to want the job on a permanent basis. Wonder why? Of course that job requires that the President cede a good deal of power to the Chief of Staff, if the chief is to be at all effective. That includes denying access to Jared and Ivanka if there is something the President is doing that must not be interrupted. An Acting Chief would not have that kind of power.

What's really interesting is that I have heard so many versions of what the job of White House Chief of Staff is like from people who have been there. Everything from "the worst job in the world" to "the most powerful non-elected position in the U.S" to "the best job ever." I realize that one guy's Heaven is another guy's Hell, but I find it almost hard to believe that all of these people are talking about the same job. (The one who said "worst job in the world was Chief of Staff for a very amenable President.)

My gut feeling is that while not the worst job, it is probably the most demanding and difficult job. I'm not surprised that so many are willing to take on the job only for short periods of time and with a designated exit route to be kept clear at all times.

Boy oh Boy. I'm shocked that the POTUS didn't offer it to Sean Hannity, because "that BUM Kisser" would have worked for FREE.