The Truth about LCC

pilot

Veteran
Jan 2, 2006
I believe Brancatelli writes the transportation articles for USA Today.

The outside world looks at USAirways. This from the Brancatelli File: The Year in Review, at the JosSentMe web site.

WORST AIRLINE OF THE YEAR: US AIRWAYS
The year started with US Airways' snot-nosed executives making a run at Delta Air Lines. It ends with the merged carrier bleeding once-loyal elite frequent flyers, juggling a dispirited, fractious workforce and grappling with a stock trading at just $15.50, about 75 percent below its 2007 high of $62.50. US Airways' international service is a bad joke, its fleet is in tatters and its reputation is shot. Management continues to offend customers. Its latest trick: a $5 surcharge buried in its base fare when you book at USAirways.com. And its effort to bully airport authorities at its Philadelphia hub failed when its threats caught the eye of the Transportation Department. Management had to lamely reaffirm its commitment to launch Philadelphia- China service despite public threats to the contrary. A startling comedown for a cabal of fools who once fancied themselves as 2007's airline power players.

Reputable media sources always use terms like "snot-nosed" and "cabal of fools".

Reputable media sources always use terms like "snot-nosed" and "cabal of fools".

I would say he captured the essence of the Sand Castle perfectly. He is not only reputable, he is precise in his description.

Can Dougie be this much of a bonehead not to realize that he and his band of moron management CAN NOT run an airline. What will it take to realize that they are running this company into the toilet. PLEASE Dougie for the 40000 or so employees that want to work for a great airline and be proud of our product, give it up, you and your management team SUCK. All I want for Christmas is to have a professional team running this company and a good working environment with good pay. Is this to much to ask??? Happy Holidays

What will it take to realize that they are running this company into the toilet.

Losses, big losses, unfortunately. Until that happens, they're not too concerned.

And no, that is not a rallying cry for any slowdown activity. I've seen plenty of that.

Latest posts