"the Worst Is Yet To Come"

insp89

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
CLT
Visit site
Just talked to a friend of mine that happens to be a NW first Officer...He said the outside of the aircraft logbooks reminded him of an Orange Grove :lol:

For those that don't know, MEL [Minimum Equiptment List] stickers are orange in color..

Unlike a Pilot's strike, a mechanic's strike will not be felt immediately, it usually takes a week or two before the lack of quality maintence sets in...I had to laugh at all the front page articles stating how NW was able to operate the first couple of days of the strike....Big Deal..

The company has some time to operate their aircraft in deferred condition, But sooner or later, They will have to address the MEL's when they expire...

Hold the Line NW mechanics.... :up:

insp89 said:
Just talked to a friend of mine that happens to be a NW first Officer...He said the outside of the aircraft logbooks reminded him of a Orange Grove :lol:

For those that don't know, MEL [Minimum Equiptment List] stickers are orange in color..

Unlike a Pilot's strike, a mechanic's strike will not be felt immediately, it usually takes a week or two before the lack of quality maintence sets in...I have to laugh at all the front page articles stating how NW was able to operate the first couple of days of the strike....Big Deal..

The company has some time to operate their aircraft in deferred condition, But sooner or later, They will have to address the MEL's when they expire...

Hold the Line NW mechanics.... :up:
[post="291541"][/post]​
insp89, not according to the great "one man show" KTO scab. he claims that all is well and even when things start to back log (MEL'S) he will be able to clear those in short order. He must have super human powers, errr I mean a sharp pencil.

local 12 proud said:
insp89, not according to the great "one man show" KTO scab. he claims that all is well and even when things start to back log (MEL'S) he will be able to clear those in short order. He must have super human powers, errr I mean a sharp pencil.
[post="291544"][/post]​
local 12 proud, I think both of us know better, Time will Tell...

An associate of mine at NWA states the situation is getting worse by the day. Look for an agreement or chapter 11.

-The number one reason why a person will stay out on strike is for job preservation. Most mechanics at NWA have nothing to lose.

Best wishes to the mechanics at NWA.

Let those management bastards at NWA CHOKE on mel's!!!

Hang tough valliant AMTs!!! Those birds will start stacking up like cord wood. I saw it happen at UAIR in CLT during our strike in 1992 when supervisors, planners and alike were forced to work on aircraft because they were non-union.

NWA as well as the media will soon find out just how great everything really is.......all at the cost of $176 Million times seven!!!! Way to go you financial geniuses!!! Go stick your college degrees up your ass!!!

What's up insp89? Say hey to the guys for me.

Somewhere between 10 an 28 days into this strike, the idiot CEO of Northwest Airlines is going to see his so-called plan blow-up in his face.

There is no question given the current trend, that scabs will never be able to replace highly skilled technicians who pride themselves in their work and safety.

The question remains. Will the idiot CEO be held accountable for his mis-calculations? Or does he and the other corporate jackasses leave with their golden parachutes while leaving everyone else holding the bag of dung?

The CEO is so out-of-touch with business reality he couldn't even see the worth of his precious jewel "the worker".

He should have stopped and read the PEB Transcript from earlier negotiations with the AMFA. Maybe then he would have understood how things are in the real world of aircraft maintenance. Guess what management stooge? There is a real person, and real skill, and real asset behind the uniform. You failed to see it, because dollar signs blind your vision. The price for this blindness is going to be slow coming, but extremely expensive.

TWU informer said:
Somewhere between 10 an 28 days into this strike, the idiot CEO of Northwest Airlines is going to see his so-called plan blow-up in his face.

There is no question given the current trend, that scabs will never be able to replace highly skilled technicians who pride themselves in their work and safety.

The question remains. Will the idiot CEO be held accountable for his mis-calculations? Or does he and the other corporate jackasses leave with their golden parachutes while leaving everyone else holding the bag of dung?

The CEO is so out-of-touch with business reality he couldn't even see the worth of his precious jewel "the worker".

He should have stopped and read the PEB Transcript from earlier negotiations with the AMFA. Maybe then he would have understood how things are in the real world of aircraft maintenance. Guess what management stooge? There is a real person, and real skill, and real asset behind the uniform. You failed to see it, because dollar signs blind your vision. The price for this blindness is going to be slow coming, but extremely expensive.
[post="291613"][/post]​

Is Steeland the same guy who was in place during the 2000 negotiations?

Didnt he say something about "Knowing your place in society" or something like that?

Bob Owens said:

Didnt he say something about "Knowing your place in society" or something like that?
[post="291616"][/post]​

I thought the CEO in place at that time went to Burger King?

Bob Owens said:

[post="291616"][/post]​

The same.

TWU Informer- I also thought it was Dasburg (who went to Burger King), but was corrected in another thread a few weeks ago.

"I heard from a guy who knows somebody that talked to someone else that told him another person had said that Northwest is starting to experience maintenance-related problems."

Don't you guys ever change your tune?

E-TRONS said:
Let those management bastards at NWA CHOKE on mel's!!!

Hang tough valliant AMTs!!! Those birds will start stacking up like cord wood. I saw it happen at UAIR in CLT during our strike in 1992 when supervisors, planners and alike were forced to work on aircraft because they were non-union.

NWA as well as the media will soon find out just how great everything really is.......all at the cost of $176 Million times seven!!!! Way to go you financial geniuses!!! Go stick your college degrees up your ass!!!

What's up insp89? Say hey to the guys for me.
[post="291594"][/post]​

Yeah, that strike worked out great, didn't it? Pray tell, when was the last time USAir(ways) posted a profit? I know it's a foreign concept, but airlines do need money to pay wages.

JS said:
Yeah, that strike worked out great, didn't it? Pray tell, when was the last time USAir(ways) posted a profit? I know it's a foreign concept, but airlines do need money to pay wages.
[post="291679"][/post]​

So the money should come off the backs of the backs of labor at every turn?

Why not raise the price of the ticket in relation to cost of operation.

Why not pay fo the fuel just like you do at the pump. The price goes up or down with supply and demand.

US posted a profit in the second quarter of 2004 and US posted profits after the stike, I remember getting my profit sharing of 100% of my concession that I gave in 92-93 at the end of 93 and another 100% in 94.

Gee 200% return on my investment, not bad. US posted profits on an off till 01.