"the Worst Is Yet To Come"

Former ModerAAtor said:
The average family is now spending another $100 per month to put into the gas tank just to get to work, and another $50 per month for their utility bill (about what ours has gone up in the past few months due to natural gas price increases), plus grocery prices going up another few cents per item.

[post="291907"][/post]​
I wish I could get a gas bill of only $100 per month and the utility bill, heck I would settle for $200. Where did you come up with these numbers?

Wretched Wrench said:
Many of them buy their fuel in Venezuela.
[post="292031"][/post]​
That's where the US gets a majority of their oil. Maybe the cruise lines have figured out how to pass the costs to the consumer. Something the airlines will have to do to survive.

Borescope said:
I wish I could get a gas bill of only $100 per month and the utility bill, heck I would settle for $200. Where did you come up with these numbers?
[post="292033"][/post]​

I believe the $100.00 and the $50.00 is in addition to the normal cost. So if his normal fuel usage was $300. 00 it is now $400.00 and if his utility bill was $150 it is now $200.00. All he is saying everything costs more. I think its known as inflation.

Borescope said:
[post="292033"][/post]​

Read the fine print. I said another (as in additional) $100 and $50 respectively. Last electric bill for July was over $500.... $100 for the truck would be a dream come true... each fill-up right now is costing me over $87.... I get to pay twice at the pump because the gas station only gets a $75 preauthorization on debit/credit.

$500?! What are you doing, leaving the vacuum cleaner on 24/7? ;)

I raised the thermostat in my house to 85 degrees, and my electric bill last month was $150.

Total gas for last month: $80.00 (2 cars. 1 gets driven maybe twice a week. 26 mile R/T to work.)

Utilities for last month: 69.00 (of course, I don't live in a sauna like DFW or PHX)

TWU informer said:
Somewhere between 10 an 28 days into this strike, the idiot CEO of Northwest Airlines is going to see his so-called plan blow-up in his face.

There is no question given the current trend, that scabs will never be able to replace highly skilled technicians who pride themselves in their work and safety.

The question remains. Will the idiot CEO be held accountable for his mis-calculations? Or does he and the other corporate jackasses leave with their golden parachutes while leaving everyone else holding the bag of dung?

The CEO is so out-of-touch with business reality he couldn't even see the worth of his precious jewel "the worker".

He should have stopped and read the PEB Transcript from earlier negotiations with the AMFA. Maybe then he would have understood how things are in the real world of aircraft maintenance. Guess what management stooge? There is a real person, and real skill, and real asset behind the uniform. You failed to see it, because dollar signs blind your vision. The price for this blindness is going to be slow coming, but extremely expensive.
[post="291613"][/post]​

You guys are so gullible NW orchestrated this strike like a well tuned orchestra. AMFA got sucked in way over their head. NW wanted AMFA gone and they got it. NW wanted half of you back but I'm certain it’s more like a third now. Your jobs are disappearing while you play grabass in the parking lot.

High Iron said:
"I know it's a foreign concept, but airlines do need money to pay wages"

Unless of course it is executive largesse...in which case there's ALWAYS money available, whether it's there or not....hell, especially if it's not; Gotta "..keep talent.." et.al. "Oh Ju-udge!............."
[post="291697"][/post]​

HA! Thursday night entertainment at it's best! Thanks for the good laugh...THAT was funny... :lol: