Three routes ending

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Three routes are getting pulled this fall:

Newark-San Juan - 11 September
Burbank-Orlando - 13 November
Burbank-Las Vegas - 13 November

A little surprised about BUR-MCO, but EWR-SJU and BUR-LAS don't shock me.

I was going to book a LAS-BUR r/t on B6 for early NOV. Priced it at $298.60 per person and there were 3 travelling. Sorry to say I booked WN at $138.60 per person. The B6 experience is great, but for a 45 minute flight, it is not worth the extra $160 per person. I thought the prices would be a little more competitive. It looks like the $298 fare is B6's lowest as I changed days and could not get lower. I am sorry to see them leave the market. just my thoughts.........

cool:

glad to see you got a good fare....

However, the way JB normally prices, if the fares were $298, the flights must have been pretty full, which is why I am surprised they are pulling the flights.

Anyone out there can shed any more light on these cutbacks?

Boomer

Three routes are getting pulled this fall:

Newark-San Juan - 11 September
Burbank-Orlando - 13 November
Burbank-Las Vegas - 13 November

A little surprised about BUR-MCO, but EWR-SJU and BUR-LAS don't shock me.

EWR-SJU: Killed by the 900lb GorillAA

BUR-LAS: Killed by LUV

BUR-MCO: Killed themselves

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='403063' date='Aug 4 2006, 01:55 AM']EWR-SJU: Killed by the 900lb GorillAA

BUR-LAS: Killed by LUV

BUR-MCO: Killed themselves[/quote]

BUR-LAS wasn't killed by LUV. It was a tag-on to MCO-BUR, because jetBlue didn't want the plane sitting in Burbank, so they added a LAS leg to increase utilization. It's existance relied on MCO-BUR.

EWR-SJU was doing pretty good avg. about 80% flight load. They even added a second round trip in june. Wonder what reall went wrong.

EWR-SJU was doing pretty good avg. about 80% flight load. They even added a second round trip in june. Wonder what reall went wrong.
Rumor going around EWR as well as noted in the Local Papers, claims that Jet Blue is Seriously considering pulling out of EWR all together. Seems the Massive ATC in EWR and LGA is causing MAJOR disrubtions withing their system.

Rumor going around EWR as well as noted in the Local Papers, claims that Jet Blue is Seriously considering pulling out of EWR all together. Seems the Massive ATC in EWR and LGA is causing MAJOR disrubtions withing their system.

If JetBlue wants an alternative to Newark, they should consider trying some flights from ABE. It is close enough that they would retain some of their current EWR customer base as well as draw from Philadelphia and the Lehigh Valley area.

Even though we live closer to EWR than to ABE, ABE is our airport of choice whenever possible. Parking is no hassle and we have seen few air traffic delays. We've been using the 3 US Airways flights to CLT for connections to Tampa.

Well really the delays for B6 is for that 22:35 flt to SJU and the Evening arrivals from florida which all RON at EWR. so I really don't think delays are the reason. It just doesn't make sense to withdraw something making money

There is nothing wrong with trying a route and then deciding to end it. All airlines do it. Sometimes those routes even reappear down the line when it becomes a better fit. just my thoughts......

There is nothing wrong with trying a route and then deciding to end it. All airlines do it. Sometimes those routes even reappear down the line when it becomes a better fit. just my thoughts......

But that "throw it out there and see if it sticks" route philosophy can be taken too far. Vanguard was a prime example. IIRC they started/ended service at LAX at least three times in their seven years of operations, and did the same in some other markets as well.
jB's not to that point, yet...

Very true. You do not want to be jumping in and out of markets. I know that HP has done it with a couple of cities. I believe BOI has come and gone 3 times with HP service. If ANY airline does it enough, it will leave a bad taste in passengers mouths. I think that WN kind of does it right. They give the route some time to mature, and if it doesn't, bye-bye. It took DEN 20 years to get service again with WN. just my thoughts.......

yes, lots of carriers come in and out of markets (MDW is a good example for AA & UA), however, JetBlue is a new carrier and has significant product advantage...or maybe not. Could simply be the least profitable routes the needed to go due to aircraft sales...

Back