"Thrilla..in Manila "...........(Political style)

Well as promised, I'm baaaaack(after the OH/TX primary)

I've got to tell you, fellow "coolers", that what I watched tonite, as the Primary results trickled in, was a Political Version of ALI/Frazer..(the thriller in Manila) !!!!!!

Since the start, this has been like a Horse race, where Obama has...broke on top from the starting gate.......Has set "the pace",........and "to this point", has not had another horse pull up even with him !

But after tonite, I see Hillary having made up a LOT of lost ground, and now about a "neck" just behind Barack, and for the time being, content to stay just behind him, as he exerts a TON of Energy to maintain his Lead.

Maybe I've watched too much of these pundits(in this case MSNBC is my "vice" of choice), but what I did see that was VERY Impressive, is the almost 60% majority that she beat BO in, in OHIO !

While Barack LEADS in (to date) total regular delegates, its obvious that this is a result of him winning a few more states than HC. But deeper analysis shows that HC is winning the Heavy Duty states like MA/NY/NJ/OH/TX/CA/, and in non eligible states like FL and MI.

The results in Ohio were Enormous for her, in a state that Barack should have done MUCH better than he did !
OHIO, who has picked the POTUS in the general election, for as long back as I can remember, has/IS making it PERFECTLY CLEAR, that (by far) their # 1 concern is....the ECONOMY.

Between the the Finalists, Hillary by far talks MORE about the Economy. John McCain talk the least about the ECONOMY(not that I blame johnny Mac, because being a REP, and NOW going to be Publicly Endorsed By EL-CHIMPO, in the Rose Garden Tomorrow(at a lunch) will be the "KISS of DEATH" for Johnny Mac, especially in OHIO.

Soooooo,

Let me cut to the chase, and make the following predictions,

HILLARY CLINTON will be the next POTUS
and
OHIO will (this time) go BLUE !

(Now where did I hear this slogan before, that keeps rattling in my ol' head) ??

"IT's the ECONOMY STUPID"

Hillary/Richardson 08' :up: :up: :up:

Bears:

You forgot to mention that she did not take the lead over Obama. In fact she is almost a hundred delegates behind him. She only gained around twenty delegates over what Obama gained on Tuesday. In order for her to win she cannot continue splitting the delegates like she has been. She has to have some decisive victories if she is to get the nomination. If things continue as they have then forget it. In which case the convincing win as you put it in Ohio won't mean squat.

Even though this is far from over you have to admit Obama has given her a run for her money, all $5 million of it. Not bad considering six months ago people had pretty much given her the Democratic nomination.

<_<

Keep on telling yourself that Bears.... :lol:

Its not as cut and dried as you like to think, also the GOP is loving this 'Dog Fight' inside your party.

"IT's NOT the ECONOMY STUPID"....Its the personal attacks Hillarys camp has engaged in and its about to get ugly from the 'Big O' side when her dirty laundry gets aired.

Issues?..... :huh:

Democrats on pins and needles :up:

...BTW, How was your journey to 'Little Bighorn'?

No longer Custers Battlefield

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hey...."12"..,

Had to re-sched..SD..till 4/8, ..a number of reasons(heavy overbooked NW flights one BIG reason)

As for HC,..........It's senseless for you and I to hammer each other. back and forth on this issue.

Time will have one of us...."eating crow" !!

I am DEFINITELY prepared for it(not to happe) , but I'm NOT so sure you've prepared yourself emotionally, in case your wrong.

I don't say that to "BUST EM", I really don't. I just don't want you going "POSTAL" on the hanger floor some night this November !!

G

But she has the lead over him in the all important Super Delegates.

And there are not enough delegates left for either candidate to reach the goal and take the nomination before the convention, so it will come down to the super delegates.

Bears:

You forgot to mention that she did not take the lead over Obama. In fact she is almost a hundred delegates behind him. She only gained around twenty delegates over what Obama gained on Tuesday. In order for her to win she cannot continue splitting the delegates like she has been. She has to have some decisive victories if she is to get the nomination. If things continue as they have then forget it. In which case the convincing win as you put it in Ohio won't mean squat.

Even though this is far from over you have to admit Obama has given her a run for her money, all $5 million of it. Not bad considering six months ago people had pretty much given her the Democratic nomination.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Fixer",
Correct me if I'm wrong , but I don't believe that BO can reach the pre requisite 2025 delegates either at the rate that he has been going.

That means a "brokered convention", STRICTLY by the DNC rules !

As you also know, Superdelegates have switched sides already(albeit more from HC to Barack), but that does not mean that a S D can't re-hop the fence.

IMHO, HC's defining OHIO win, in a state with MANY MANY African Americans(CLE/CVG/TOL/CMH) speaks VOLUMES, but speaks VOLUMES(mostly) to the SUPERDELEGATES !!! (Again, strictly within DNC rules)

Of Course HC+ BO are going for each other Jugular vain Now, BUT, make no mistake, Both will(soon I think) turn against the ENEMY, the Republican. Not only doesn't this country need 8 more years of EL-CHIMPO, it does NOT need 8 more years of the GOP !

IMHO, last nite was THE DEFINING moment, in this primary. If HC had not won OH, or TX, she was DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure she would have dragged it out, but trust me,.........SHE was Done !!

She was suppose to be DONE here In NH, ..BUT...alas, she became the Comeback Kid part -2.

I also didn't mention that she had ever pulled even with BO, in my "horse race scenario", because she has never done it.

"Fixer",

I've been betting Horse races(thorobreds)(SP?) for years, and I've cashed many winning tickets on races that emulate's( the beginning, and present state of the horse in second place, just a neck, or 1/2 lenght behind the leader), where Hillary presently is.

And there are not enough delegates left for either candidate to reach the goal and take the nomination before the convention, so it will come down to the super delegates.

I wouldn't count your chickens.......lots of pressure on those super's to lean the way their constituents voted or pay a political price later.

I'm not too far from you Bear.
I'll cook it. :blink:

#################################################################

MMB,

Not far aye ??

NH/ME/MA/RI/CT/VT/NY ?????????

As I mentioned to my Favorite "OKIE"...."12"....
(jesus,......"12"....is the ONLY "OKIE" in know(and respect),..For your own peace of mind, and good Mental Health, you HC..HATERS...would be WISE to prepare yourselves emotionally for a Massive "SHOCK"..........(I'm VERY SERIOUS)

ME ??? ........I've done my Emotional homework, in that, if BO wins,....I won't lose any sleep over it, and believe it or not, if Johnny Mac gets in, so be it.

I'm just sorry, that DIRTY bastard Cheney was'nt healthy enough to run, because you ALL know, he'd like to.

“The electoral process has to work its way,â€￾ Pelosi said in a session with reporters Wednesday morning. “I was never among those who thought this would be resolved by now.â€￾

Superdelegates, she said, should weigh a number of factors, including whether Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) or Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) won whatever district the delegates represent, as well as “their own belief.â€￾

(jesus,......"12"....is the ONLY "OKIE" in know(and respect),..For your own peace of mind, and good Mental Health, you HC..HATERS...would be WISE to prepare yourselves emotionally for a Massive "SHOCK"..........(I'm VERY SERIOUS)

Why cross that bridge now? I'll cross it when it is clear it needs to be crossed. For now, I will stay on this side of the gorge, where the grass is much greener.

MMB,

Not far aye ??

NH/ME/MA/RI/CT/VT/NY ?????????

ME ??? ........I've done my Emotional homework, in that, if BO wins,....I won't lose any sleep over it, and believe it or not, if Johnny Mac gets in, so be it.

I'm just sorry, that DIRTY bastard Cheney was'nt healthy enough to run, because you ALL know, he'd like to.

I suppose right now HC is looking over the FBI files of questionable super D's.....as for foreign

policy questions between the two........Bill didn't have any either if I recollect....

If Joan of Arc gets in...I for one won't be shocked.....I just plan on sitting back and watching Jimmy

Carter part II come down on my country.

Here's the thing about those super delegates. As of right now if you were to add the super delegates that Obama and Clinton have to their current delegate count Obama is still ahead. If Obama goes into the convention with more delegates and more of the overall popular vote the Democratic Party has but one choice. That choice is to give the nomination to Obama. To do otherwise would be idiocy.

"Fixer",
Correct me if I'm wrong , but I don't believe that BO can reach the pre requisite 2025 delegates either at the rate that he has been going.

That means a "brokered convention", STRICTLY by the DNC rules !

As you also know, Superdelegates have switched sides already(albeit more from HC to Barack), but that does not mean that a S D can't re-hop the fence.

IMHO, HC's defining OHIO win, in a state with MANY MANY African Americans(CLE/CVG/TOL/CMH) speaks VOLUMES, but speaks VOLUMES(mostly) to the SUPERDELEGATES !!! (Again, strictly within DNC rules)

Of Course HC+ BO are going for each other Jugular vain Now, BUT, make no mistake, Both will(soon I think) turn against the ENEMY, the Republican. Not only doesn't this country need 8 more years of EL-CHIMPO, it does NOT need 8 more years of the GOP !

IMHO, last nite was THE DEFINING moment, in this primary. If HC had not won OH, or TX, she was DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure she would have dragged it out, but trust me,.........SHE was Done !!

She was suppose to be DONE here In NH, ..BUT...alas, she became the Comeback Kid part -2.

I also didn't mention that she had ever pulled even with BO, in my "horse race scenario", because she has never done it.

"Fixer",

I've been betting Horse races(thorobreds)(SP?) for years, and I've cashed many winning tickets on races that emulate's( the beginning, and present state of the horse in second place, just a neck, or 1/2 lenght behind the leader), where Hillary presently is.

I'm not writing her off Bears but the simple fact remains if she continues to split delegates with Obama like she has been then its over. In order for her to pull ahead in the delegate count she has to win around 65% of the remaining delegates.

As for Ohio Obama won in the areas you mentioned so I don't think it speaks that many volumes. ;)

Reading your post Bears I almost thought that it was she who was the underdog. Not the one who six months ago was practically pre-ordained as the nominee. Not the one who had the name recognition. Not the one who had one of the most skilled politicians making speeches for her.

Plagiarized source

Superdelegates won't help Clinton if she cannot erase Obama's lead among pledged delegates, which now stands at roughly 134. Caucus results from Texas aren't complete, but Clinton will probably net about 10 delegates out of March 4. That's 10 down, 134 to go. Good luck.

I've asked several prominent uncommitted superdelegates if there's any chance they would reverse the will of Democratic voters. They all say no. It would shatter young people and destroy the party.

I'm not writing her off Bears but the simple fact remains if she continues to split delegates with Obama like she has been then its over. In order for her to pull ahead in the delegate count she has to win around 315 of the remaining 521 delegates. That's way over half.

As for Ohio Obama won in the areas you mentioned so I don't think it speaks that many volumes. ;)

Reading your post Bears I almost thought that it was she who was the underdog. Not the one who six months ago was practically pre-ordained as the nominee. Not the one who had the name recognition. Not the one who had one of the most skilled politicians making speeches for her.

##################################################################

"fixer"

Though some won't believe me, I Said she was the favorite, and I said(and say) that she will win.

As for "pre-ordained", I know that you "can't cash Winning tickets, until your horses number goes up on the tote board, with the "official" sign next to it !!

Fixer,
If I keep talking to you in horse racing terms, next thing you know, you'll be driving out to Arlinton Heights,...to Arlington Park. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

##################################################################

"fixer"

Though some won't believe me, I Said she was the favorite, and I said(and say) that she will win.

As for "pre-ordained", I know that you "can't cash Winning tickets, until your horses number goes up on the tote board, with the "official" sign next to it !!

Fixer,
If I keep talking to you in horse racing terms, next thing you know, you'll be driving out to Arlinton Heights,...to Arlington Park. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Was never much of a gambler. To much of a penny pincher to partake in such activities. :)

Back