Top Airline reporter to retire

swamt said:
Terry Maxon is set to retire come Sept.  Great and very well respected airline reporter that many CEO's reached out to time and time again.  

Terry, I know you read this, thank you for your excellent expertise and journalism on the airline biz.  Enjoy your retirement as it is well deserved.  God bless you and your family...

The Top American Airlines Reporter Will Head Off Into Retirement

Well stated swamp… Thanks for posting this article.
We will all miss Terry's well researched, up-to-date, informative 
and well written articles. 

The only problem with Maxon was that he was wrong about everything he ever said bad about delta. ;-(

I have a feeling he will still be writing about airline issues. He didn't die, he just took a buyout. I think.he may actually be a little more edgy with his reporting if he is not tied to amy corporation...???

Reactions: 3 people
I may or may not have heard rumblings that Terry will be writing a book about the history of DFW and the Wright Amendment.

Seriously. He was on the scene Crandall and Herb were at their prime, and all thru the battles over Wright from the 90's onward to today.

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Who's left? I know many here don't take Ted Reed seriously. Anyone else?
No one that will come close to Maxon...

eolesen said:
I may or may not have heard rumblings that Terry will be writing a book about the history of DFW and the Wright Amendment.

Seriously. He was on the scene Crandall and Herb were at their prime, and all thru the battles over Wright from the 90's onward to today.
I hope your correct about the book.  Pretty sure we will see some more from Terry on the internet...

Reactions: 1 person
New aviation reporter taking flight at Morning News

Regular readers of the AirlineBiz blog have probably noticed a new byline in recent weeks: Conor Shine.

Conor is the new aviation reporter for the Dallas Morning News, replacing long-time stalwart Terry Maxon. Its not quite the same as following in the footsteps of Roger Staubach or Peyton Manning, though Terry did leave big shoes to fill.

In this beat, Conor will cover all aspects of Southwest and American airlines their strategies, their performance, their routes, their fares, their employees and their profit or losses. Hell also cover our two airports, aviation trends and the overall travelling experience.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2016/03/new-aviation-reporter-taking-flight-at-morning-news.html/

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts