transfer/info

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
I work for Piedmont and was wondering if I were to transfer to a city, say BWI, and went back to mainline, where would my pay, senriority, etc stand? I started in June 98 and was furloughed june 05, took summer off, and went to Piedmont, which is whom I am with now. Also, Is BWI a Piedmont city? I am just curious because I may end up having to transfer down there due to family medical issues. Thanks for any info.

I work for Piedmont and was wondering if I were to transfer to a city, say BWI, and went back to mainline, where would my pay, senriority, etc stand? I started in June 98 and was furloughed june 05, took summer off, and went to Piedmont, which is whom I am with now. Also, Is BWI a Piedmont city? I am just curious because I may end up having to transfer down there due to family medical issues. Thanks for any info.
Does express still fly into BWI? They did at one time, but BWI has cut WAY back. I know MAA was going in there last year. But, I thought only trans statesflew there too...(express). Mainline still goes there .Piedmont goes too DCA I think.

PI flies I think 14 or 15 to LGA, PHL,and a few other cities. I dont know off hand but I will check tomorrow when I get to work.

Piedmont does not have a station in BWI, they closed down BWI and IAD after 9/11 and they moved to DCA, they are big there, lots of flights, I worked there in 2003 & 2004.....

ok thanks. what about mainline? are there any left at BWI?

Yes, BWI still has some Mainline left. You would retain your seniority since you still are within your 4 year recall periond. You would have to return at the starting rate of pay since you have been furloughed longer that 60 days. This is just another wonderful contract item that the IAM let the company slip in there. Lose your job, and IF you get a chance to come back at some point, you can get paid just as if you were a new hire off the street. If they are going to pay you that way, go to work that way.
Know nothing, and require training on everthing just as if your memory had been erased as was your rate of pay... :shock:

Do you not understand it was a final offer, you all had the term sheets with the changes and the fleet service membership approved it.

Your contract was abrogated by the bankruptcy court.

Do you not understand it was a final offer, you all had the term sheets with the changes and the fleet service membership approved it.

This is another reason why the iam will lose the election. Instead of making a difference they continue to make excuses. They are complete failures when it comes to negotiations. I know of no other contract where furloughees are brought back at starting wages.

IF PI has a number of flts out of BWI as I think they do, who handles them--PI or mainline?

I THINK THESE PEOPLE FOR WHATEVER REASON JUST CAN'T OR WON'T GET IT EVER.

IT'S NOT EVEN WORTH THE EFFORT OF EXPLAINING ANYMORE.

Yea, Yea, Yea, we know it was a final offer that was ratified by our brothers & sisters...YADA, YADA, and so on.
Once again, the ones that voted YES, were not the ones who were going to get screwed by it either. I have been told by both Union and Company sources, that the company just wanted a targeted savings amount, and it was upto the Union how they wanted to arrange the furniture. Must we once again revisit the "Save the Catering" crusade that cost the outsourcing of over 20 Stations. Why do you continue to stick your IAM nose in Fleet Service issues?? :down:

Mainline brother......
thank you. my coworker called down there today and was told they have a total of 8 mainline jets and 14 express flts a day. thanks again. oh yes, also found out that the mainline does handle both mainline and express. thanks again

Back