Transport Workers and Machinist Union to Jointly Represent Ground Workers at the "New" American Airl

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) and the Transport Workers Union of America (TWU) today announced a partnership to jointly represent nearly 30,000 ground workers at the “new” American Airlines following the merger of American Airlines and US Airways.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/transport-workers-machinist-union-jointly-183600434.html

Reactions: 1 person
This week the two international unions have signed joint agreements to cover the Mechanic & Related, Fleet Service, and Stores employee work groups at the soon to be merged airline. The new labor partnership, to be known as the TWU/IAM Employee Association,

TWU/IAM Employee Association, ROTFLMAO!! Another int'l closed door deal!

BS....When do we get to vote on stuff that affects us, the membership? Oh, thats right, when we GO AMFA!

Reactions: 3 people
Interesting to watch the TWU attempt to redefine itself. I'm sure they'll cry to the NMB that AMFA is interfering with this process.

It's rather evident, considering the way the TWU has operated during the past 22 years (that I saw firsthand) that little jimmy convinced the IAM to go along with the program - joining forces to produce a company union WalMart would be happy to have on their premises.

Reactions: 4 people
lets see what happens in a couple on months

this agreement is being put forth becuase of the afl-cio

This is HorseShit!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Slap in The Face to AA/US Mechanics.... I am so Pisssst We dont get to vote on representation and they work out a backdoor deal to save themselves....

M&R "Agreement" ...

http://twu514.org/files/2013/05/Mechanic-and-Related-Association-Agreement.pdf

Does anyone know if this has any negative outcome when AMFA files this month? Will all members of the new union have to be concinered for the numbers?