Travelling On Singapore Airlines

balloonguy

Mar 16, 2004
My wife and I will be travelling from the U.S. to Bejiing, China next April and were wondering if anyone that has flown them could tell us if it is worth the increassed cost to fly in First Class vs. Raffles (Business Class)? Is the difference in food, beverages, service and cabin amenities worth the added cost?

Also, are there any websites (chat rooms) other than Singapore Airlines where experienced travellers discuss such topics?

Thank You.

ITRADE said:
I would usually take United or Thai business class over to China. Where does Singapore connect through?

For frequent flier talk, try www.flyertalk.com
[post="168042"][/post]​

Thanks for the info., ITRADE. I appreciate it. If price wasn't the issue, who would you take? BTW, Singapore is JFK to Singapore and then into Bejiing.

Singapore, Cathay & All Nippon are the best airlines to Asia. Thai & UA are poor comparisons. Singapore First is a suite on on 747-400's is the world standard for First, Raffles is a very good business class with upper deck seating on 744's. On SIA 777-200ER they have only six seats across instead of the more standard 7 on 777's. On the A345 with its new nonstops from Singapore to LAX & Newark there is non First Class only Raffles & exceutive economy. Fly Singapore any time you can, only Virgin Atlantic has a better Business Class, Upper Class. Virgin is 49% owned by SIA so the best comes in two very different styles. BA's club world is 8 across on 777 & 744's, if that doesn't say it all. Qantas is defintely the best to Aussie, Business & First to make any Kangaroo proud; I drank 5 Fosters and still arrived sober, that's how far Australia is from LAX, in Business of course, it was a day flight.

I've flown Singapore in Raffles class from LA to Singapore (Shangi International) via Narita. By far the best service to Asia....I've flown just about all of them.
UAL, NWA, Thai and EVA to name a few.
Singapore Airlines put's the rest to shame!!! :up:

JFK777 said:
Singapore, Cathay & All Nippon are the best airlines to Asia. Thai & UA are poor comparisons. Singapore First is a suite on on 747-400's is the world standard for First, Raffles is a very good business class with upper deck seating on 744's. On SIA 777-200ER they have only six seats across instead of the more standard 7 on 777's. On the A345 with its new nonstops from Singapore to LAX & Newark there is non First Class only Raffles & exceutive economy. Fly Singapore any time you can, only Virgin Atlantic has a better Business Class, Upper Class. Virgin is 49% owned by SIA so the best comes in two very different styles. BA's club world is 8 across on 777 & 744's, if that doesn't say it all. Qantas is defintely the best to Aussie, Business & First to make any Kangaroo proud; I drank 5 Fosters and still arrived sober, that's how far Australia is from LAX, in Business of course, it was a day flight.
[post="168079"][/post]​

Thanks for the very useful information, JFK777. I appreciate it.

smfav8r said:
I've flown Singapore in Raffles class from LA to Singapore (Shangi International) via Narita. By far the best service to Asia....I've flown just about all of them.
UAL, NWA, Thai and EVA to name a few.
Singapore Airlines put's the rest to shame!!! :up:
[post="168272"][/post]​

Very helpful, smfav8r. Thank you for the suggestions.

Back