TWA / aerosmith tribute

I have PM Captain Randy.

I have also looked at the websites that were linked here.

What a gracious person.

Strange, but after many years, we still remember a person being so gracious. Something that many times does not happen now.

We're under the Circuit City mode of employee retention now.lol

Capt. Kramer represented the heart and soul that WAS TWA. Something most current airline employees cannot fathom.

I would agree 100%

In an age of flying the "Grayhound" bus, we forget how things used to be.

One thing is very strange, you never see AA employees talk about people, like we are here.

While we are talking about one person here, I am positive there were many others just like him. Maybe not as forward, talking to every person getting on the plane. But, there were many who where like him.

My childhood friends mother used to work for TWA in the 60's. I remember going to their house and getting those goofy drink stir things that looked like a propeller, with TWA on them.

Also, could there have been a smaller coffee cup, in FC, than those little white ones?

When my wife and I were on our honeymoon, we flew STL to SJU on a L-1011. We were given a drink right after takeoff. My wife was wearing a white suit. I got a bloody mary and spilt it all over her. The FA and my wife went behind the galley type partion and with club soda got all of the bloody mary off of her dress. I am sure this would not happen now.

As my wise old grandma used to say, when you don't have something you know how much you liked it.

In all fairness to my newly adopted company and it's employees, AA's culture as embedded in the minds of it's foundling fathers Casey and Crandall, has always been to make money vs.service.

At TWA it was service first, we'll make the money later.

AA present culture is defiantly better suited for the future of Aviation.

I would think that if a airline had good servie then they could raise the price of tickets. I know that I would be on the plane.

I just read in another forum that now the FA's are only going to do one drink service in Coach, because they have to sell food now, on flights under 3 hours. How sad is that.

I remember flying Ozark Airlines from St. Louis to Chicago, there was always two round of drinks. Now on AA we are lucky if we get a choice of what we want to drink, other than Soda and Juice.

IMHO, good service will produce happy customers, with happy customers a higher price can be charged for the flight.

I would think that if a airline had good servie then they could raise the price of tickets. I know that I would be on the plane.

I just read in another forum that now the FA's are only going to do one drink service in Coach, because they have to sell food now, on flights under 3 hours. How sad is that.

I remember flying Ozark Airlines from St. Louis to Chicago, there was always two round of drinks. Now on AA we are lucky if we get a choice of what we want to drink, other than Soda and Juice.

IMHO, good service will produce happy customers, with happy customers a higher price can be charged for the flight.
Not true. AA had more room in coach; the passengers certainly enjoyed this service improvement but made it clear that they would not be willing to pay for it.

In theory, yes, but not in the airlines -- domestic air travel is now viewed by many as a commodity, just like buying gas or a box of raisin bran....

In theory your right, but after 911 the airlines got to enact what they’ve been trying to achieve since 1971. Please review the link and statement below.

http://aircon.org/
WHAT IS AIR CONFERENCE
AIR CONFERENCE is a voluntary, non-profit association serving as the Washington-based labor policy organization of scheduled air carriers in the United States. Created in 1971 as a vehicle for dealing with accelerating labor costs on an industry-wide basis, AIR CONFERENCE provides for inter-carrier exchange of information on negotiations and other employee relations matters. It is the only legally approved forum for joint study of labor policy matters of common interest to the scheduled carriers.

In theory your right, but after 911 the airlines got to enact what they’ve been trying to achieve since 1971. Please review the link and statement below.

http://aircon.org/
WHAT IS AIR CONFERENCE
AIR CONFERENCE is a voluntary, non-profit association serving as the Washington-based labor policy organization of scheduled air carriers in the United States. Created in 1971 as a vehicle for dealing with accelerating labor costs on an industry-wide basis, AIR CONFERENCE provides for inter-carrier exchange of information on negotiations and other employee relations matters. It is the only legally approved forum for joint study of labor policy matters of common interest to the scheduled carriers.

The "old" Mutual Aid Pact with a new name.

And how is this different from the auto manufacturers doing the same with the UAW? Or is it only appropriate when there's one bargaining agent involved?...

I am sure that I am in the minority of passengers, but I would pay for extra service and comfort, on any flight.

Back in the early 80s I used to fly AIR ONE from STL to MCI. It was alittle more expensive than TWA but was fantastic. I flew with them because of the schedules were perfect for me.

I know that it seems strange that passengers want the lest expensive airfare and then complain about service, food and seats. I guess that is human nature.

I find that paying full fare first class on domestic flights is rather a waste of money, for what you get. Basicly a nicer seat. I wish that AA would install a Premium Economy on the new planes that they may be ordering. I think that there would be many passengers who would take advantage of this service

And how is this different from the auto manufacturers doing the same with the UAW? Or is it only appropriate when there's one bargaining agent involved?...

There isn’t any different. Both industries are highly unionized and both are under act by corporate America and the government. If you control these two industries you control unionism as we know it.

Back