Remember when things were good :(

Times are good now ... There's nothing like walking into a full break room during lunch and listening to the sounds of chatter and laughter as people eat with one another , watch TV and play games ... i can just close my eyes and live in that moment of normalcy and happiness ... i love this job!~

Times are good now ... There's nothing like walking into a full break room during lunch and listening to the sounds of chatter and laughter as people eat with one another , watch TV and play games ... i can just close my eyes and live in that moment of normalcy and happiness ... i love this job!~

Freedom. if it's that way where you work, I'm happy for you, I really am. I just wish I could say that for other stations & places.

Bud,

I note the frown symbology after the title. 1991 was really a bad year. The PSA route system was disassembled, all of the BAE-146's were parked, and 500+ of us got furloughed for many many years.

On a bright note, being furloughed did allow me and many others to move on to much greener pastures, which many of our ALPA brethern sadly haven't been able to do. But as they say, you never know how your career was until you are about to retire. I wonder how much rockier the road ahead will be. Codeshare, outsourcing, small jets.....and an FAA which is an impotent inept giant. And I can hardly wait to work beyond age 60.

Its been quite a ride.

Good luck to all of my fellow 1989 hires.

Denver, CO

I can remember back to when I was a fresh commuter captain based in DFW. I was riding the train across from one of our pilots whose husband flew for USAir. She told me he was an FO and made $60/hr. That was good money back then and I sure was impressed.

Times are good now ... There's nothing like walking into a full break room during lunch and listening to the sounds of chatter and laughter as people eat with one another , watch TV and play games ...

All this while 4 airplanes sit at the gate with engines running waiting for the absent ground crew to hook up external power???

To be fair, though, I must admit that this once very common occurrence rarely happens anymore. But when it does, it's usually at least a 5 minute wait....sometimes as long as 15. All the while watching rampers casually stroll by, oblivious to the noisy, thousand ton airplane 50 feet away from them.

To be fair, though, I must admit that this once very common occurrence rarely happens anymore. But when it does, it's usually at least a 5 minute wait....sometimes as long as 15. All the while watching rampers casually stroll by, oblivious to the noisy, thousand ton airplane 50 feet away from them.

So, the once very common occurrence that rarely happens anymore - that last 5 minutes and sometimes as long as 15 minutes - is the reasons things aren't as good anymore?

:huh: :lol:

This was a response to a particular post. Try to keep up. :down:

If I understood correctly:

Rampers are in the break room chatting, laughing, eating, watching TV, etc. while there are planes on the ground needing to be hooked up for external power and meanwhile they are oblivious to it. This could sometimes translate into a 5 minute wait. Sometimes up to 15 minute wait. It's now a rare occurence.

Did I keep up well, or did I just lost without hope?

And for the record, I was just talking in general terms, as you were. You were generalizing. So, I made a general statement.

Latest posts