Remember when things were good :(

While it was a great ad, I'm not so sure things were that great in '91. That was, after all, the year the West Coast got whacked at the runway collision at LAX took place. Thanks for the memories with the ad. They used actual employees, not actors.

While it was a great ad, I'm not so sure things were that great in '91. That was, after all, the year the West Coast got whacked at the runway collision at LAX took place. Thanks for the memories with the ad. They used actual employees, not actors.
The ad was great, but as posted 1991 was not a good time for US. The dust began to settle from the PI & PS mergers, and the cutbacks got off to a quick start. West coast all but gone along with the DAY & SYR hubs riding off into the sunset. This time period was more like the beginning of the end, as it kicked off YEARS of big losses and thousands of lost jobs. I can't even count how many stations and jobs have vanished for good since 1991. We do have a few hundred less Mainline A/C than we did back then as well.

Good Grief, Bud ... where did you find that??

I miss the "Rocket"!!!! The shell remains of one (113J, I think) is sitting on fabricated jackstands at MCO, in the SW corner. Hurts to see it like that!

2b

I miss our Happy smiles,great passengers ,good management,and livable paycheck. I miss full DH,Sick and Vacation.......not much what about medical benefits 10 months is too too short...................All of you do not forget what you had .......VIVA

Man those were great times to work at USAir....even though the company was in financial trouble...there definitely was more comaradary and professionalism and people actually cared about the Airline! If we could be just half that now....US would be an incredible place to work. Great memories of the past and of soo many good people that have left the company to pursue other interests. :up:

Things are good. From a passenger's perspective. And I am positive the best has yet to come. My last trip on US Airways was fenomenal! The flights were both early upon arrival, both had very very friendly flight crew, the boarding was fast, everything was perfect! I'm looking forward to my first T/A flight with US Airways to Madrid from Philadelphia B)

Latest posts