Twu/Amfa Supporters

riceweevil

Advanced
Jul 16, 2012
Why would anyone in their right mind want any union like amfa that does not have the financial resources to even fight a prolonged C11 battle which cost millions of dollars per month? It takes DEEP POCKETS to represent labor in fights against major multi-billion dollar corporations.
The Fact is it takes DEEP POCKETS to Effectively represent labor in many fronts of the constant battle against corporate America who continously works at beating down the quality of life for working people.

The only clear choice for AA Title I and II is : THE IBT

Why would anyone in their right mind want any union like amfa that does not have the financial resources to even fight a prolonged C11 battle which cost millions of dollars per month? It takes DEEP POCKETS to represent labor in fights against major multi-billion dollar corporations.
The Fact is it takes DEEP POCKETS to Effectively represent labor in many fronts of the constant battle against corporate America who continously works at beating down the quality of life for working people.

Really?

Did the TWU not provide you with all the legal power money can buy?
Did the TWU cheat you on the professionals they hired?
Has the TWU Local 514 $10 Million bank account made you a strong and powerful union?
Doesn't the Local 514 have more members, more money, and more resources than any other Local in the AA system? And yet which Local is the weakest?

So if we just had more money poured into the court system the outcome would have been different?

I would love hear your vision of what a powerful and strong union looks like, and how much money and how many members that would take. You are currently affiliated with the AFL-CIO which has more money, more members, and more resources than the ibt has.

So given your post, what the hell just happened?

You needed to start another thread about this? It seems that it may be about time for the moderators to consolidate. Maybe IBT vs AMFA vs TWU thread.

There has to be at least three (hijacked) threads discussing this at this time.

Really?

Did the TWU not provide you with all the legal power money can buy?
Did the TWU cheat you on the professionals they hired?
Has the TWU Local 514 $10 Million bank account made you a strong and powerful union?
Doesn't the Local 514 have more members, more money, and more resources than any other Local in the AA system? And yet which Local is the weakest?

So if we just had more money poured into the court system the outcome would have been different?

I would love hear your vision of what a powerful and strong union looks like, and how much money and how many members that would take. You are currently affiliated with the AFL-CIO which has more money, more members, and more resources than the ibt has.

So given your post, what the hell just happened?

Your AFL-CIO comment is backwards. The AFL-CIO TAKES Money from the TWU to prop themselves up and is not in the business of GIVING money to anybody but POLITICIANS. This is one of the REASONS that the IBT left the AFL-CIO in 2005

At least the TWU has enough money to last in the courts and the IBTmakes the TWU look like rookies when talking about financial resources.

amfa DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO EFFECTIVELY REPRESENT AA MX's and related. amfa could not even afford the return postage on the election cards and I bet they can't even afford a billboard on HWY 169.

Your AFL-CIO comment is backwards. The AFL-CIO TAKES Money from the TWU to prop themselves up and is not in the business of GIVING money to anybody but POLITICIANS. This is one of the REASONS that the IBT left the AFL-CIO in 2005

At least the TWU has enough money to last in the courts and the IBTmakes the TWU look like rookies when talking about financial resources.

amfa DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO EFFECTIVELY REPRESENT AA MX's and related. amfa could not even afford the return postage on the election cards and I bet they can't even afford a billboard on HWY 169.
All the IBT cards we get at AFW, are not thrown away, WE mail them blank!!!!!!Postage paid by the teamsters.

They need that pocket change for they're pension fund, Jackwagon

Hey, Gomer, if you knew anything at all about UNIONS you would already know that it is ILLEGAL to use Union Dues for Pension Funds.

Hey, Gomer, if you knew anything at all about UNIONS you would already know that it is ILLEGAL to use Union Dues for Pension Funds.
Hey Weevildick,
If you knew anything about unions most of them have job protection, and don't let they're employer fill in the blanks on open contract language.....again your a dumass

That is because AMFA does not charge 2.5 X for dues.
With AMFA we are the majority in the union.
With the Teamsters???

.013%= 18,000 out of 1.4 million.

OK, then how about fees deducted from their paychecks? Isn't that a practice of the IBT?

What fees are you referring to here?
I do appreciate you civil discourse on this forum but unfortunately you are in a minority among the amfa supporters.

Don Vedeitich or Bobby Gless,

Is it true that the International is charging members with dual unionism for writting Jim Little letter's and supporting AMFA? If this is the case myself and 700+ of my friends at AFW wish to be brought up on charges! What about the IBT? Since Jim Little is supporting the IBT drive are they exempt? Do it Bobby, bring up Bob, Gary, Larry and the rest of the line station presidents up on charges for not supporting a contract with open language and NO job protection! Bring up dual unionism charges on your local presidents, eboard members, shop stewards, and veteran mechanics that take pride in their profession. Do it, we don't need to vote for anymore twu positions, so it really doesn't matter, and we can't vote for your recall, or Jim's, or any other twu international position for that matter...So do it !!!!!

What fees are you referring to here?
I do appreciate you civil discourse on this forum but unfortunately you are in a minority among the amfa supporters.
Fees that are added beyond dues that go for their strike fund. I am just repeating from what I have learned here on this board. Is there such a fee ?

Back