TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

IMHO, PTO changed his name to raptorman.
I thought the similarities were compelling as well.
Where is Princess Kadisha when she's needed?
B) xUT

I have never been anything on this Board other than Raptorman, I was here back in 2003 & came back recently still under Raptorman but forgot my password to my old Raptorman account from 2003 so had to create another account, Raptorman is the only name worthy of representing me so it is the only one I will EVER use, only cowards change their names on here, it is no secrete who I am, I don't change my name or hide who I am, please don't accuse me of other's inadequacies, not much point in changing Aliases if people know who you are is there ???

Dan McCoy

Reactions: 1 person
You're right; I don't know how much those other airlines spend on outsourced maintenance. But that's irrelevant to my post to Bob Owens to which you responded. I'm confident that those other airlines are spending less on overhaul than they used to spend before they outsourced it. I don't need to do a detailed comparison shopping trip to know that stuff is cheaper at Walmart or Target than it is at Bloomingdales or Neiman Marcus. If insourced overhaul were cheaper, then don't you think that well-run maintenance divisions of UPS, FedEx and others would be doing their own overhaul?

All I have to do is look at their financial statements to see that while they were in bankruptcy, the other airlines slashed their labor costs by a much larger percentage than did AA in 2003 and that when adding in their M&R (parts, materials and outsourced maintenance costs) line item, their labor costs plus M&R is a smaller number per ASM than the same figures at AA. It's been that way for years.

The other day, I posted that in the unlikely event that outsourcing really is more costly, that is AA management's mistake to make, and if outsourcing is more expensive, that's very good for your wages, as that means that airlines will fire the Aeromans and ST Aerospaces of the world and bring overhaul back inhouse, which will apply upward pressure to wages.
To date, out of all the airlines that filed BK from 2003 until now have brought work back in-house that was outsourced? None. CO had started bringing in more 757 work in-house but who knows what UA will do.

To date, out of all the airlines that filed BK from 2003 until now have brought work back in-house that was outsourced? None. CO had started bringing in more 757 work in-house but who knows what UA will do.

And how many of their unions sold out the farm in 2003 to save the jobs, lost them anyway, and now advocate voting yes on the most far reaching concessions in the history of the maintenance profession to do it all over again?

I find some of the post funny. Now here is my take, if the offer is voted down most of us hired in the mid 90s will be gone. Those of you left will more than likely be put on the docks, those docks that are left. How many of are going to be able to work in the cargo or the snake pit? Your arthritis and waist size will get the better of you. Most of the folks in the amt shops are well seasoned meaning aged and some not all could not fit into a fuel tank. Just something to think about. Either way I will be able to find a job. Enjoy!

I find some of the post funny. Now here is my take, if the offer is voted down most of us hired in the mid 90s will be gone. Those of you left will more than likely be put on the docks, those docks that are left. How many of are going to be able to work in the cargo or the snake pit? Your artist and waist size will get the better of you. Most of the folks in the amt shops are well seasoned meaning aged and some not all could not fit into a fuel tank. Just something to think about. Either way I will be able to find a job. Enjoy!

You are correct, and that is where the bean counter running the airline will find his numbers do not add up.
And the stupid union officers will be standing with them looking like the idiots they are!

I was not "promoting" anythiing, I just had a feeling that given the BK threat that we would not get better.

I still fail to understand why everything you want, are, and need that you speak of that and promote them as every one else's needs.

Example
" with the average age 49"
No you are 49 but that is not the average

" there all talk & no action"
That would be you not us

"the next 10 years most of us will be gone"
Not true, you want to be gone and maybe you will, the rest of us will not be able to afford medical because of your yes vote!

"were just going to have to make do as best we can"
Again that is you, the rest of are still fighting for change.

Bottom line, is you need to discern the difference between what you think, believe, need, and want, compared to what reality is and stop pigeon holeing all of us into your nightmare of a life!

You are basically full of crap and wrong on most of your claims.

Let me be CRYSTAL CLEAR Dave I will say what I want when I want & how I want if you think that is speaking for you or someone else then get use to it because it's NOT going to change, I hope I have made myself CRYSTAL CLEAR & you did tell people to vote for the 2010 agreement & yes I just spoke for you as did Hatch, You contantly speak for me & Interpret my post's COMPLETELY wrong, you could learn a lot from AC Tynker about actually reading a post instead of interpreting it to what you want it to be.

Hope I have been CRYSTAL CLEAR because you are kind of slow & annoying.
If you need more interpretation then come see me & we can talk about it.
now run along because you have a new CULT .... Ummm I mean Union to solicit cards for & it's the Extreme underdog in this race so you don't have time to waste. :rolleyes:

BTW looking forward to my next press conference & your not going to like it. B)

Oh BTW if your still here in 10 years your screwed & you deserve it.

So would it be safe to say that about 30-40% of the folks have at least 100k of debt? Out of those folks how would they benefit by voting no and hitting the street? With no moving allowance about half of those would probable file for bankruptcy after a year. That only if they are living pay check to pay check.

Reactions: 2 people
cow·ard
   [kou-erd] Show IPA

noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

Most YES voters that I have run across IMO...Nothing in the definition about identity!!

Berating someone from behing an Alias thereby being AFRAID to be accountable for your actions to the person you are Berating is a COWARD, having an Alias & not attacking/Berating someone is not a coward because they are not doing anything that they need to be accountable to the person their Berating ..... surely you understand that, if you don't then you were never a soldier & that's a fact !
Voting yes for a contract that you LIKE is not being a coward it's voting for what you want, if we never voted for anything then we would NEVER have a contract would we ??? just a little common sense for you. I want the raise & intend to get the raise that's why I'm voting for this .... Get it ????

So would it be safe to say that about 30-40% of the folks have at least 100k of debt? Out of those folks how would they benefit by voting no and hitting the street? With no moving allowance about half of those would probable file for bankruptcy after a year. That only if they are living pay check to pay check.
The company will still move you just no 12500

Truth be known, we are all suppose to remain identities unkown here.

You get attacked just like the rest of us, from unidentified users, so get over it.

Whimpering is not making it any better either. And knowing who is throwing rocks will not make them miss when correctly aimed.

Speak for youself, I want to hear from everyone regardless of knowing their identity or not.

I'm not getting over jack, nor do I whimper I call people what they are.
Why don't you put me on Ignore like you did AC Tynker, he really got to you didn't he ??

I find some of the post funny. Now here is my take, if the offer is voted down most of us hired in the mid 90s will be gone. Those of you left will more than likely be put on the docks, those docks that are left. How many of are going to be able to work in the cargo or the snake pit? Your arthritis and waist size will get the better of you. Most of the folks in the amt shops are well seasoned meaning aged and some not all could not fit into a fuel tank. Just something to think about. Either way I will be able to find a job. Enjoy!

Well said Ghost !! I'm the exception of course 50 years old but still sporting a six pack so the hanger won't be a problem for me, I'm a lean mean machine but as you say most of the folks in the shops WILL be in a world of hurt if they go to the Hanger but I think this will pass, talk it up to your coworkers if you think it needs to pass then it's worth fighting for.

You have not seen AC at his best!

Red how does that help? They still have to find a buyer if they intend to sell. Or turn the keys over to the bank and walk away. I understand both sides, but I keep hearing folks say they don't want a 6 year contract. Last time I checked we are on the 9th year of a five year deal. Do really want to roll the dice again. The judge could care less about what's fair. It looks like AA is headed down the eastern path. Although AA has a lot more money. The hangers are hot! Drink lots of water and try not to pass out.

Reactions: 2 people

That certainly could be the case, I myself have about 30,000 total debt including my house & not sure what others have but that is certainly a plausable scenario.