TWU Local 555 Files for federal mediation

It's good to see a positive outcome for
the F/A's vote.

Positive outcome???? O yea,, so when the mechs sign your next agreement to let go of the 4th shift,, work 10 hours to get paid for 8... and the imposed vote is yes,, then you will say the same..... just good to see a positive outcome... Stop it

And people wonder why I question the AT deal, can you as an AT employee now SWA actually see a positive for getting paid less for hours worked??? I guess I shouldnt ask cause no matter what AT still is ahead of their old Contracts,,

Thanks for seeing a positive outcome for a Labor issue that binds its employees to a worse condition... Classy, when even your Super Duper Senior AT FA's say that this is a horrible deal. Thanks for your support..

While you are at it, why dont you call TWU555 and tell the ground personel how it would be a positive outcome to outsource their jobs and have more part time positions because its good for the Company!!!!

You are a truly ignorant, divisive person. You have no idea who Sharon is and how long she has been a champion for SWA culture.

I will let Sharon respond. I know she will be very nice, so I took the time to call you what you are.

It is people like you who take down the culture of LUV, not the ones who are striving for labor unity and working together.

Positive outcome???? O yea,, so when the mechs sign your next agreement to let go of the 4th shift,, work 10 hours to get paid for 8... and the imposed vote is yes,, then you will say the same..... just good to see a positive outcome... Stop it

And people wonder why I question the AT deal, can you as an AT employee now SWA actually see a positive for getting paid less for hours worked??? I guess I shouldnt ask cause no matter what AT still is ahead of their old Contracts,,

Thanks for seeing a positive outcome for a Labor issue that binds its employees to a worse condition... Classy, when even your Super Duper Senior AT FA's say that this is a horrible deal. Thanks for your support..

While you are at it, why dont you call TWU555 and tell the ground personel how it would be a positive outcome to outsource their jobs and have more part time positions because its good for the Company!!!!

Best wishes and good luck to all of our work groups and their own unions negotiating contracts this year and yes... I am wishing
a positive outcome for all of us. As far as a 'Culture' change, it won't be because of the integration of AirTran folks, who are welcomed, but from within our own ranks from negativity. It's your choice. It will take all of us working together, moving forward to make this work effectively.

Well I see Mr Happy is back spreading the Joy of life. Do you ever smile and not fake it Buscador? I will give you kudos for calling Sharon a former AT employee, you are 180 degrees off Dude! You have no clue about her and your statements just show how you rant and rave for nothing. I won't call her out because she has already responded to you in her ADULT & MATURE way. Notice how she was positive about going forward? I know you must feel above that due to your ever 'above all' attitude. Perhaps some day, you will accidently take a 'Nice Pill' and mellow out. It doesn't hurt, seriously!

Best wishes and good luck to all of our work groups and their own unions negotiating contracts this year and yes... I am wishing
a positive outcome for all of us. As far as a 'Culture' change, it won't be because of the integration of AirTran folks, who are welcomed, but from within our own ranks from negativity. It's your choice. It will take all of us working together, moving forward to make this work effectively.

555 & 556 are working together. You will see some coordinated joint campaigns in the coming days...

You are a truly ignorant, divisive person. You have no idea who Sharon is and how long she has been a champion for SWA culture.

I will let Sharon respond. I know she will be very nice, so I took the time to call you what you are.

It is people like you who take down the culture of LUV, not the ones who are striving for labor unity and working together.
who are you and why are you here???? To my best guess you are not even a part of SWA but you want your opinion heard! Correct me if I am wrong but werent you the one in the Pilot forum stirring sh@t as well??? go awaY

The culture is gone now, with this vote you have less than 50% of FAs voting,, so the company wins and works the FA;s more and pays them less,, so think about that what ever work group you work in.. Yeaaaaa its a beautiful thing, so when they take away shifts and employ part time workers to fill your jobs we shall all have the same HOOOORaaaa for you too,,go ask the rampers who are in the current work slow down how they think about this attitutude.. On Time with less workers doing more are you all for that too

The culture is gone now, with this vote you have less than 50% of FAs voting,, so the company wins and works the FA;s more and pays them less,, so think about that what ever work group you work in.. Yeaaaaa its a beautiful thing, so when they take away shifts and employ part time workers to fill your jobs we shall all have the same HOOOORaaaa for you too,,go ask the rampers who are in the current work slow down how they think about this attitutude.. On Time with less workers doing more are you all for that too
Rampers are in a work slow down?
It's the first I have heard of it.
For about how long?
I would like to see how it is affecting the numbers.

For about how long?

Rampers are not in a work slow down. If you are seeing delays it is because of all these new rules we need to follow and if we make a mistake our jobs are threatened (culture is gone) It used to be part of the basic principles to admit when you make a mistake. Now its when you tell a Sup you made a mistake they write you up telling you are a bad employee. So on the ramp side of things we need to be methodical about everything we do. It slows us down but not by choice!

Rampers are not in a work slow down. If you are seeing delays it is because of all these new rules we need to follow and if we make a mistake our jobs are threatened (culture is gone) It used to be part of the basic principles to admit when you make a mistake. Now its when you tell a Sup you made a mistake they write you up telling you are a bad employee. So on the ramp side of things we need to be methodical about everything we do. It slows us down but not by choice!
You mean like running a belt loader into an aircraft or just leaving a couple of bags on a cart?

For about how long?

Going through 3 cities this week were delays were huge, we were told that it is the rampers and their slow down...not going to mention which cities but even though the crew and passengers suffered long delays, I understand why they are doing it. The company needs to understand that yes making money is important but so is treating your employees right.

Look at the NFL and its replacement refs, the owners are still getting their chunk of the $9 Billion in revenues but look at the last 3 weeks and the product they are putting out there.

TWU and SWA Management were doing tit for tat in all the meetings and getting no where. Negoations went on for a year and basically nothing was getting solved. SWA Management is going to hold something over the heads of the TWU before anything is going to happen.
Management knows what they want and TWU will have to give in to get what the members want. It is always a give and get situation. It will take weeks possibly months to get a mediation group together and setup meetings. These past meetings were once a month and sometimes not even that. I feel the biggest things on the agenda are the following, absentee program, part time workers and work rules.
Once both parties start sit down with a mediator I presume the ground rules will be laid down and it will go from there. SWA management to TWU give me this and I will give you that.

So now you are the champion for the Culture at SWA, awesome!!

Could you take a safer road, Sharon seems to live in a world where Peace, Love , Hugs and SWA are all the same. Like it or not thats not the way it is, you have alot of disgruntled and even angry employees who feel like SWA has left them out in the cold. She is same kind of person who watches the NFL and all the HUGE mistakes the refs are making and Says, Why cant we just all watch and have fun without realizing the owners Greed and Pennies before people is Affecting Millions of people, the fans, the Gamblers and the Original Refs. The world does need Naive people sometimes but I bet no one would want this type of person at the negotiation table.

You are reaching because to my knowledge I wasnt saying anything about Sharon, but you in your spineless way decide to make up an issue, nice try

So Why dont you take your spineless Ra Ra parade somewhere else, or maybe just get a LIfe you choose. Now turn off your computer and run and get your Honey Do list done, I can definitely tell you that if you are married that you dont wear the Pants, so you go online in Search of the only Place that you can Express yourself and feel like someone is going to Listen... SAP is a word that comes to Mind

What grown ADULT takes on the Identity of a fictitous Cartoon Character? Quagmire is a funny womanizer, cmon dude Everything you are not, so you dont even fit in the Make Believe world... Its Creepy

Hey buscador, I totally agree with G Q. Whenever anyone calls you out on
one of your many rants, you resort to name calling and insults. Do us all a favor
and please get over it and move on.

Hey buscador, I totally agree with G Q. Whenever anyone calls you out on
one of your many rants, you resort to name calling and insults. Do us all a favor
and please get over it and move on.

Good for you Sharon, you actually stood up for something and took off your Rose colored Glasses..

But I guess you missed that he was the one who was name calling Unless in your Rose Colored world, when someone calls you ignorant that is a compliment?

Bad enough he is running around as a fictitous cartoon character and commenting on issues and Companies he is not a part of, but doing it in a spineless way only make him more Obtuse.

Keep Going Sharon, the site and world needs Good hearted, sometimes Naive people like you just as it needs crazy Truthful people like me.

Even you Sharon have to agree that this mgmnt team though trying to save money is starting to do things HERB would never have or is against every Cultural belief that took years to Build. Making record profits and talking about outsourcing and part time employees as they try to force depts to drop total Shifts. The focus on the treating the employee as a customer has slipped almost past the point of no return. You and all will soon become not A name but just a heart beat to fill that position

So if the ramp is the group that stands up and says Enough is Enough then I will support that even if it causes inconveinence in my life and for the passengers

Latest posts

Back