TWU580 to Visit PHL anf PIT

HPMKE

Advanced
Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
ATTENTION USAIRWAYS FLEET SERVICE AGENTS

TRANSPORT WORKERS UNION LOCAL 580

Will be in PHL on December 6th and in PIT on December 7th.

Come get your questions relating to the America West/US Airways Merger answered.

Both Visits will Be from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. We will be in the Food Court Area Between Concourse B & C(PHL) and
Between Concourses A, B, C, and D(PIT)

Remember You have a VOICE and VOTE on Which union will Represent YOU :up: :up:

I will personally forward ALL Related question's for Answers.

HPMKE,
We all understand what's going on here, especially in PIT.
We have been through 3 mergers, 4 union elections, been Bankrupt 3 times, We've had too many know it all CEO's to even count anymore. We even had one of the best connecting HUBS in the northeast and the company taken right out from underneath us. We had one of the best contracts in the industry with the Teamsters and have had it all taken away in the blink of an eye.
We have part-timers with 24 years, so I think we know a little bit about what's at stake here.
We in PIT all agree that tha IAM contract isn't very good, in fact it totally sucks. It was shoved down our throats by a judge, but don't think for a minute that America West Mngnt. wasn't involved in it.
From the onset of this merger it has been said time and time again that if it were not for the consessionary contracts at US Airways, that there would have been no merger. US Airways paid millions of dollars to anti labor law firms to wreek havoc on every section of our labor groups. They also stacked the deck in the companies favor on all aspects of these contracts.
No matter what the outcome, the company will come out smelling like a rose. This was no accident. It was planned, plain and simple.
What we all need to ask ourselves is that at the end of the day, can we really take the chance of yet another union election? When we lost the Teamsters after the Piedmont merger, everything that the company promised the Piedmont workers, went right out the window within 3 months of DE-Certification. There wasn't a thing that we had that they didn't take all or part of, "trust us" they said, and then it was all gone.
In a perfect world we could all say we would like to try and have a democratic union election, but it just won't happen.
If Fleet Service were de-certified now the company can and will go about giving you anything and everything they feel you should have, not the other way around. With union representation on the property, they can't do that period. Just ask all of the fine non-union folks in PIT at the Central Systems buildings who are in the process of getting screwed by the new America west/Usairways management right now. I know some personally and they were at one time some of the most dedicated employees our company had. They are now ready to just up and quit and some already have. Doesn't sound too good to me.
We all need to work together to build this company back up, but being non-union will give you no voice at all.
I cannot in good concience sign a card for any union knowing what will happen and everyone else should think long and hard about it.

Attachments

• jnmov_jn_ext_shrinkray_thumb.jpg
    jnmov_jn_ext_shrinkray_thumb.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 70
I appreciate your point of view and I will share this with those who will be representing TWU in PHL and PIT.

If at all possible if you could stop by anyway I know that the people from TWU would like to hear your opinion in person. Since we have never been thru any mergers before this.

Either way this works out in the end I HOPE we all have jobs!!!!

Good Luck

is this the same union that represents some workers at Piedmont Airlines?
Transport Workers Union represents many different types of workers at many airlines as well as Rail and bus drivers. Including Fleet service, Mechanics, and Dispatchers. Each classification has their own local with each electing their own Officers.

You can find out for sure if you visit www.TWUATD.org and see if any Piedmont airlines workers are represented by TWU. And if they are ask how they like they representation they get from TWU if this will help you to decide to sign a card asking for an election.

Just ask all of the fine non-union folks in PIT at the Central Systems buildings who are in the process of getting screwed by the new America west/Usairways management right now. I know some personally and they were at one time some of the most dedicated employees our company had. They are now ready to just up and quit and some already have. Doesn't sound too good to me.

JN, could you tell us what is happening with these people? What is the Central Systems building?

And it may not be the same set of circumstances but the west is losing some excellent employees as well.....by their choice, as far as I know.

Just gotta hope there's enough left when the dust settles, smoke clears, the waves stop crashing......... :huh:

Just ask all of the fine non-union folks in PIT at the Central Systems buildings who are in the process of getting screwed by the new America west/Usairways management right now. I know some personally and they were at one time some of the most dedicated employees our company had. They are now ready to just up and quit and some already have. Doesn't sound too good to me.

JN, could you tell us what is happening with these people? What is the Central Systems building?

And it may not be the same set of circumstances but the west is losing some excellent employees as well.....by their choice, as far as I know.

Just gotta hope there's enough left when the dust settles, smoke clears, the waves stop crashing......... :huh:

These are the people who do everything from crew scheduling to working with chief pilots, dispatchers, CLP (Central Load Planning/Weight & Balance) and many other functions that enable the operation to run.
Many are being told nothing but are being asked to do more work with pink slips coming out and at the same time they are taking away carried over vacation time and saved sick time.
There just seems to be no sympathy toward all the hard working US East employees who have dedicated many years of service and endured round after round of pay and benefit reductions. We understand that with the merger there will be many duplicate jobs eliminated, but it just seems that the old US Airways way of doing things, Work, Work, Work, harder for the company and be rewarded with no information on the future and more layoffs. It's just not the way to treat peoplejnmov_jn_ext_shrinkray_thumb.jpg

These are the people who do everything from crew scheduling to working with chief pilots, dispatchers, CLP (Central Load Planning/Weight & Balance) and many other functions that enable the operation to run.
Many are being told nothing but are being asked to do more work with pink slips coming out and at the same time they are taking away carried over vacation time and saved sick time.
There just seems to be no sympathy toward all the hard working US East employees who have dedicated many years of service and endured round after round of pay and benefit reductions. We understand that with the merger there will be many duplicate jobs eliminated, but it just seems that the old US Airways way of doing things, Work, Work, Work, harder for the company and be rewarded with no information on the future and more layoffs. It's just not the way to treat peopleView attachment 3780

Thanks for the info. Agree totally.......it isn't any way to treat ANY employee at ANY level.

Latest posts

Back