U Files To Reject Labor Agreements

prevent self help, and give the company the relief it needs to survive.

In other words slavery...and I believe that went out in the 1800's. And no 320 even though I do not like this place anymore I am not quiting. I'm riding this thing right into the ground!!!! The offer is not acceptable and I think you will find out we will have the right of self help if it is imposed in its current form. Go ahead and fine the IAM try and collect, it will be like the IAM collecting the Airbus monies they were awarded by the arbitrator. U may start a trend with companies all across the US......"lets abrogate the contract and bring everyone back at 1/2 of their wages if they don't like it tough". Its going to get interesting.

USA320Pilot said:
I personally find it despicable that some people damage aircraft, call in a sick when they are not to obtain time off (that’s lying), and do not provide a 100% effort while at work.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="200731"][/post]​

And who knows more about liars than you? And who first reported the UCT? Dignity? People aren't slaves.....they can't be forced to go to work no matter how much you want to continue flying. It's a fact Jack. Get used to it

Anyone know what a U A320 pilot can expect his/her unemployment check to be? Say... in New York State... since this hypothetical person is based in-- oh, I don't know-- LGA.

Anyone?

Tic ... Toc ... Tic ... Toc ...

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
The fact that the company has acted legally, IAW all appropriate bankruptcy laws...doesn't make their behavior any less nauseating.

People who use the law to try and justify screwing employees are no less crooked and no less unethical. The only thing lower than people who do those sorts of things...are the people who defend them.
[post="200732"][/post]​

What it has now turned into is a "free for all grabbing" of every employee benefit. Jerry Glass has used this BK front to strip every employee of anything he can, regardless if it has an actual effect on the "survival" of this company. It is immoral and disgusting and those in CCY that allow it to continue to happen are just as guilty and inept. That will be what brings this company down. Every work group on the property has had enuf and it makes no sense to anyone to continue trying to survive at what those in CCY want.

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
Once upon a time...and some places it still it...a man's word was his bond. You could take it to the bank. People who use the law to try and justify screwing employees are no less crooked and no less unethical. The only thing lower than people who do those sorts of things...are the people who defend them.
[post="200732"][/post]​

THANKS for clearly stating realities.

All those people so full of virtue trying to convince the masses they must never call in sick, work at 100 plus percent, have a positive attitude and wearing a smile while getting royally screwed, you people are even better then the ones written about in the good book. Even those ancient peoples showed flaws and reacted with war when wronged. This politically correct society is only correct for a select few because we have people who are stupid enough to fall for it. Look no further than these boards to find them.

For the loins share of time the IAM has been chanting"The consession stand is closed".

Now that is coming back in court to roost, and the judge will do it for you.

It is quite sad really, as your group could have negotiated a best deal in a bad situation.

Now its the cowards way out, let the judge choose for your group, and blame it on him, the company, anyone but yourselves....

700UW said:
First of All, IAM-FSA met with the company twice, NO proposals were exchanged. You are posting false information once again. FSA negotiating committee walked out.

Second Ms Levine did not lose anything, it is for only 4 months, not permanent, try again. And Ms Levine did win the outsourcing battle on sickouts, and attrition.

And the judge does not implement a contract, you work under company policy, the judge cannot force someone who does not have a legal binding contract to work, that is slavery, something that is against the law.

By the way, $15 Million is going to be paid to the IAM for the A320 outsourcing.
[post="200216"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot comments: There were high level meetings this week in Crystal City dealing with PHL. Separately, I understand that if people do not perform their job employees will simply be terminated and then the Company will deal with the grievance process. I personally find it despicable that some people damage aircraft, call in a sick when they are not to obtain time off (that’s lying), and do not provide a 100% effort while at work.

Tic...Toc...Tic....Toc...

[post="200731"][/post]​

Roflmao....The high level meetings did a lot of good, just ask the pax that waited hours for their bags yesterday morning due to staffing issues. Again, staffing issues due to managements scheduling.

They won't fire anyone in PHL because if they did things will only get worse.

I agree that anyone doing physical damage to anything is stupid. More stupid than not using your sick time and giving more than 79% at work.

Why the "tic... toc?" Are you counting down the number of paychecks you're going to get before US liquidates?

Once again the fabricator of the facts post false information:

About 2,500 pilots called in sick during the 11 days of the sickout that stemmed from a dispute over the integration of pilots from Reno Air. Reno pilots make about half of what American pilots earn.

CNN

American had 9,200 Pilots at the time.

And to UYH, lets see the company told your group take concessions and you will save your pension, hmm, where is your pension?

Terminated by your MEC without a vote

Company told the city of PIT that the leases are safe, what happened on the day US emerged from Chapter 11?

Abrogated

US told the IAM Mechanic and Related to take concessions to save your scope, where did the first 12 Airbii get overhauled?

By foreign owned Singapore Technologies Mobile Aerospace, for $600,000 per plane and $15 Million to be paid to the IAM Members because of the contract being violated.

Does the # 265 mean anything to you and the other ALPA members?

The number of outstanding grievance after two rounds of concessions.

You can trust the company, but burn me once, shame on you burn me twice shame on me. And what don't you understand the company wants to outsource all maintenance functions except line, please go to the 3,000 homes of the employees who US wants to vote themselves out of a job and explain to each and everyone who have 30 years or less seniority why they should vote themselves out of a job.

Your union permits the ultimate betrayal of the pilots by letting anyone with an RJ to fly a mainline route, a 90 seat airplane which is in the future of US is not a RJ, heck the E-170 are bigger then the F28s that use to be flown.

Worry about ALPA and its affairs and let the Members of the IAM, CWA and AFA make their own choice.

Guess you are just scared that you won't have a job because other workers have said enough.

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
As an outside observer without a dawg in this fight, I find it equally despicable that someone could defend a company that freely entered into contracts with employee groups, promised employees (in these contracts) of certain wages, benefits, and pensions, and then, through sheer mismanagement (which they have tried to pass off as 'new economic realities in the marketplace') have chosen to toss the contracts - to which they agreed - in the dustbin of history.

The fact that the company has acted legally, IAW all appropriate bankruptcy laws...doesn't make their behavior any less nauseating. I am also really skeptical of this bankruptcy judge. But no matter.

Once upon a time...and some places it still it...a man's word was his bond. You could take it to the bank. People who use the law to try and justify screwing employees are no less crooked and no less unethical. The only thing lower than people who do those sorts of things...are the people who defend them.
[post="200732"][/post]​

Wow!!! I'm blown away!!! THANK YOU!! You are so on!! :up: :up: :up:

Fly said:
And who knows more about liars than you? And who first reported the UCT? Dignity? People aren't slaves.....they can't be forced to go to work no matter how much you want to continue flying. It's a fact Jack. Get used to it
[post="200737"][/post]​

Good one, Fly! :D

Piney
I do believe, as I have posted many times, that most of the U employees give their all. We have truly learned to love our job and hate our employer, but I just want to shed alittle light out there when it comes to sick calls. I do not believe in calling out of defiance but there are many fine, hard working folks out there close to nervous breakdowns. Please do not give me the then just quit, because all those jobs supposedly created by this newly elected idiot president pay half what they replace, so taking 21% to 50% cuts over the last two years DOES take it's toll with really no place to go right now.

I am glad you are superman and could withstand the kind of abuse f/a's and agents have to endure when those workers who DON"T face our customers pull their "I'll show them" tactics, causing hell for those of us who have to hear "No wonder you're going under" comments all the time. Well, you know, BUD, I did use my sick time and unapologetically because a.I wanted nothing to do with the first two weeks of tactics from the behind the scene guys, b. was deeply depressed and c. outright angry. It's called MENTAL HEALTH!! Would you rather me come to work emotionally stable or cracking up at our fine FF's who never stop to think that the last thing on our 21% paycut mind is what will happen to your miles and I find it insulting that ANY FF would have the audacity to ask a frontline employee that with everyone's emotions on edge. That's why you have the FF number. And please, let us not forget the reserves here at U who took an over $1000 paycut because of the new reserve system. Something tells me with all the time off they are forced to have, they could use the money for those of us who are about to crack.

Well, my time off DID help and I am pretty mentally stable...as stable as I will probably ever be and now try to just joke about the insanity of it all with this dazed look in my eyes that states "What next?".

So, Bob oh boy, you don't HAVE to agree with me, but I hope I helped shed alittle light.

The employees should study the history of EAL and how union leaders can lead to the destruction of a company. Charlie Bryan was an egomaniac, anti-management enthusiast that led a group of militant machinists to the downfall of a great airline. He is the definition of a true leader, someone that leads an entire airline into liquidation. That is not the type of leader that I would want to follow.

Unfortunately, US Airways’ IAM group doesn’t have any true leaders from what I read from the posters. What type of leadership do you guys have that they don’t even provide timely updates with the negotiations? I perceive your leadership to be very weak. All talk but no action.

The employees use lines like "You can only kick a dog so much before it turns and bites your foot!" to justify their opposition. That dog is about to be put out of its misery permanently for constantly biting.

The only union leader that I would put in the same category as Charlie Bryan is Teddy Xidas. The media loves her one line quotes. It is my opinion that she has her own self-serving interests and a blatant disregard for her membership.

Do the employees really understand the consequences of a “no†vote? I see this same union stupidity that destroyed EAL. Go ahead…make a strong statement to your executives and take a hard stance by striking. That will really show them as they move on to another company making more money, while the rank-and-file employees are still looking for entry-level jobs.

Labor has almost exclusively demanded higher wages and more benefits. You industry can’t handle the current high cost structure. Don’t compare yourself with Southwest as they are making money. They can support and sustain the current salaries; your salaries are breaking your airline.

In everyday life, most people practice adherence to a code of ethics. There is a huge difference between “church†ethics and “business†ethics. Business ethics is designed to maximize the success of the corporation. Business ethics often does not take into serious consideration the well being of those at the bottom (rank-and-file employees). Your executives are bound to act in the best interests of the creditors, shareholders and customers first, with employees only receiving marginal attention at best.

If I may offer some advice to Jerry Glass: If the unions give you any trouble, break 'em.

Jack

Latest posts