Ua 767s Go Adios

Bigsky

Advanced
Oct 29, 2002
Heard from a UA employee who was jumpseating home that five UA B767s are being repossesed on Monday or Tuesday due to failure of UA to meet the financial obligations necessary to keep the jets on the property.

Bigsky said:
Heard from a UA employee who was jumpseating home that five UA B767s are being repossesed on Monday or Tuesday due to failure of UA to meet the financial obligations necessary to keep the jets on the property.
[post="274063"][/post]​

Not Quite. Since the restraining order was lifted, UA and the lessors have been attempting to come to an agreement. Several offers went back and forth. In the end, they couldn't agree on terms. The price they were asking was higher than the projected revenue from the flights in question.

And the number is four, not five.

The Gopher said:
Not Quite. Since the restraining order was lifted, UA and the lessors have been attempting to come to an agreement. Several offers went back and forth. In the end, they couldn't agree on terms. The price they were asking was higher than the projected revenue from the flights in question.

And the number is four, not five.
[post="274077"][/post]​
What does the market for 767's look like these days? In general terms, since I doubt you could pass along specifics even if you wanted to.

Actually, I'd be curious as to what the market looks like for each type of plane UAL flies, again, in general terms. I wonder if it matches what I heard a few years ago and have posted.

-synchronicity

A dispatcher gave me 5 nose numbers, so I think it's five but it could only be 4. They weren't repossessed. They're part of the eight aircraft that UAL lost a court case against in NY. UAL and the lessors tried reaching an agreement for rates but were unable to reach an agreement that made financial sense for UAL. Apparently, the aircraft in question are 767-300's (international range) and there is a demand outside of the U.S. for these types of aircraft.

The market for any of the remaining airplanes (80ish?) we have to negotiate (beyond the 8 mentioned above), from what I've been able to piece together, is mixed. But then again, now it's just a high stakes game of poker. The aircraft lessors now know that they can "take away" aircraft from UAL using the court ruling in NY as a precedent. They also know that UAL plans to exit bankruptcy in SEPT/OCT, so UAL needs deals soon (assuming the IAM/AMFA thing is settled over the next few to several days, otherwise it won't matter). So if the lessors play tough and force UAL to walk away from a significant portion of its fleet, they risk flooding the market with 10's of airplanes and driving their lease values down. If they give in too easily, they'll feel they'll be leaving money on the table. Should be interesting.

synchronicity said:
What does the market for 767's look like these days? In general terms, since I doubt you could pass along specifics even if you wanted to.

Actually, I'd be curious as to what the market looks like for each type of plane UAL flies, again, in general terms. I wonder if it matches what I heard a few years ago and have posted.

-synchronicity
[post="274080"][/post]​

767-300s are in demand
767-200s are desert queens
747-400s might start to be mildly in demand as freighter conversions

Today when I signed on to Unimatic (for Flight Attendants) it said that our June Schedules were having alterations made due to equipment changes and actual time adjustments. No mention of why or what equipment, however this paired with other fears of repossesed 763s is a bit worrisome.

Again, the release said nothing other than a schedule adjustment due to aircraft hours, equipment changes, and utilization of aircraft. No mention of specific fleets or nose numbers.

interesting times!
FA4UA

And the number is four, not five

The B767 ship numbers are 6348, 6354, 6355, 6356 and 6350. Looks like five if the info from the UA guys is correct.

Ah what the heck, UA still has plenty of widebody jets. Shouldn't affect their schedule much, if at all. Good luck.

bigsky

Bigsky said:
...due to failure of UA to meet the financial obligations...
[post="274063"][/post]​

No, tell me it ain't so. UAL failing to meet obligations? - and now wanting to sign new contracts?

What does that mean? - signing a contract with UAL...

mrfish3726 said:
ANY OF THOSE THE PS ACFT?????? :shock:
[post="274118"][/post]​

:rolleyes:

ps service denotes 757-200s, fish. The 752s replaced old 762s on the transcons.

763s are flown internationally.

80-100 aircraft on the market isn't necessarily bad. When you consider the market to be the world...it isn't that much. Asia continues to have substancial demand for just about all types.

It's bad because those 80-100 jets are planes UAL needs. I'm confident someting positive will happen.

As for the fish...IDIOT

By the way just for all of you to know I got this from him today:

Spanked again I see 787!!! it was only a matter of time til they shut that topic off LOL!

Trying to rid this fool is like trying to get flies off $#!t.