UA-NON-REV

It wasnt Doug who put retirees behind actives, that would have been Dave Seigel.

United Pass Privileges

all employees/eligibles fly free unlimited in coach domestic and intl. small svc chg for business and first domestic and intl.

BP-8A Employee and/or dependents
BP-8A Employee and parents
BP-8A Employee and one companion
BP-8B Parents and dependent children aged 22-25 traveling without employee
BP-8B Employee and two companions
BP-8B Dependent and one or two companions
BP-8C Employee or dependent and three or more companions
BP-8C Companions traveling without the employee or dependent
BP-10 Employee only service charge waived unlimited pleasure trave domestic and intl...good luck getting on..

Min. 10 years of service and 55 yrs age retiree passes unlimited BP-8A DOH seniority retiree 25+years BP-6B

The sad thing however is you hardly see retirees travel anymore, even they are tired of getting bumped!l

Not to stir the pot but I am curious, how does UA board non revs? How many passes do they get? I would've posted this on the UA board but this board seems to be where everyone is right now. Any insight would be helpful as I am preparing myself that this merger will happen. Mama

I have a few friends that work for United and they're non-rev pass is horrible, plus they have to PAY to non-rev. Unlike our flight benefits, we get to fly for FREE and US Flight Attendants gets to cabin jumpseat on NW, AA, DL, JetBlue, SW etc. for FREE!!! Their buddypasses also gets deducted out of their paychecks instead of getting charged out of their friends' credit cards. Not only that, the United buddypasses are expensive like ID90 of the highest fare or something like that.
We have a better buddypass system. Trust me. UAL flight benefits SUCKS big time !!!!! I hope we don't merge with them.

We (EAST) use to do the same till A-west screwed things up, also if you spouse was traveling alone they went under your seniority we lost that to with A-West, now they go last.
it's called "compromising"-East got to keep DOH for boarding, why shouldn't the West employees get something such as the ability to board before non-employees traveling alone?

United Pass Privileges

all employees/eligibles fly free unlimited in coach domestic and intl. small svc chg for business and first domestic and intl.

BP-8A Employee and/or dependents
BP-8A Employee and parents
BP-8A Employee and one companion
BP-8B Parents and dependent children aged 22-25 traveling without employee
BP-8B Employee and two companions
BP-8B Dependent and one or two companions
BP-8C Employee or dependent and three or more companions
BP-8C Companions traveling without the employee or dependent
BP-10 Employee only service charge waived unlimited pleasure trave domestic and intl...good luck getting on..

Min. 10 years of service and 55 yrs age retiree passes unlimited BP-8A DOH seniority retiree 25+years BP-6B

The sad thing however is you hardly see retirees travel anymore, even they are tired of getting bumped!l
Two questions: 1. Didn't UA employees pay a fee at one time?
Was that just FA's?
2. Do they ever have local agreements with other
airlines? In SAN both AA ands UA have no local
agreements. For instance we can fly on AS WN
F9, and the rest for free but UA and AA its normal
pass travel agreement(fee-zed-etc)

I have a few friends that work for United and they're non-rev pass is horrible, plus they have to PAY to non-rev. Unlike our flight benefits, we get to fly for FREE and US Flight Attendants gets to cabin jumpseat on NW, AA, DL, JetBlue, SW etc. for FREE!!! Their buddypasses also gets deducted out of their paychecks instead of getting charged out of their friends' credit cards. Not only that, the United buddypasses are expensive like ID90 of the highest fare or something like that.
We have a better buddypass system. Trust me. UAL flight benefits SUCKS big time !!!!! I hope we don't merge with them.
With all the other stuff going on this has got to be at the
bottom of the list of priorities. But since I personally get
a lot out of non-reving I think I'll pipe in here. It's
really one of the first things I thought of when I heard
about the merger. If we merged I think we should have some
say as to what goes on, or at least we should try.
I think HP's flight benifits were better than US's and it
looks like UA's suck. Boarding priority doesn't matter to me
but the fee does. And also the lack of agreements with
OAL at the local level and in general.

Like I say this is a small thing but since I'm into it I'm at
least willing to give my opinion. Thanks BF

Two questions: 1. Didn't UA employees pay a fee at one time?
Was that just FA's?
2. Do they ever have local agreements with other
airlines? In SAN both AA ands UA have no local
agreements. For instance we can fly on AS WN
F9, and the rest for free but UA and AA its normal
pass travel agreement(fee-zed-etc)

1. At one time all travel was free, domestic,intl,y/bus/f...then bankruptcy, we did have a svc chg for all passes all employees.
Our current policy is stated above.
2. Other airlines is zed only. local agreements? if so it's don't ask don't tell. (just kidding)

Just to clarify, UAL passes are free. Just because you think our pass system sucks big time doesn't mean we shouldn't merge. We have unions and negotiations. I say we "cherry pick" the best from both. DOH seniority is here to stay, it's the only thing we have left----in my opinion only. I know, opinions are like.....what's that saying?

I have a few friends that work for United and they're non-rev pass is horrible, plus they have to PAY to non-rev...Trust me. UAL flight benefits SUCKS big time !!!!! I hope we don't merge with them.

Your comments are not quite accurate. United recently changed the employee pass policy. For what it's worth, we don't call it "non-rev." We refer to it as "SA" or space available. (Much like our aircraft jargon...we say, "the 47, 57, 67, etc" where as you all say, "the 75, the 76"...but I digress).

The new pass policy at UA is as follows:

UE (United Economy) is free.
There are service charges for UB and UF (United Business, United First).

Same rules apply on UA Express carriers with dual-class configurations.

The buddy passes leave a lot to be desired and I rarely recommend them to friends and family, however I have some friends who love them because they are upgradable at no additional charge. To give you an example, my brother had to fly at the last minute last summer from LHR to BTV. He used my buddy passes. It cost him about $500 R/T. It seems pricey, but he was able to sit in UB both ways across the pond. Plus, the LHR departure taxes are prohibitively expensive, which added more than a third of the cost of the $500 he paid. For him, to travel in Business at the last minute for $500, it was a steal.

Also, same-sex couples who are registered as domestic partners with the company, their domestic partner boards at the employee's seniority.

Finally, we are also awarded service charge-waived passes almost quarterly based upon meeting certain company performance objectives such as operational goals or market track survey goals. Hence, I cannot remember when I last had to pay a service charge to travel Space A. I flew to Greece for my 40th and it cost me about $40 in taxes. United First both ways across the pond.

Admittedly, our company has been slow to respond to AFA's proposals for reciprocal cabin jumpseat authority. UA carries a significant number of high yield business travelers and Senior Management was concerned about how it would be perceived by that target market if there were numerous OA employees traveling in uniform, particularly in our premium cabins. To date, we do have an agreement with Jet Blue for reciprocal cabin J/S privileges.

Having said all that, I think the chances of a UA-US merger coming to pass are very slim and should such a deal be announced, there will be numerous factions (politicians and labor unions) doing everything in their power to scuttle it. But at least now you have the most up-to-date info regarding UA's pass policy...DOH baby. D-O-H!

Just to clarify, UAL passes are free. Just because you think our pass system sucks big time doesn't mean we shouldn't merge. We have unions and negotiations. I say we "cherry pick" the best from both. DOH seniority is here to stay, it's the only thing we have left----in my opinion only. I know, opinions are like.....what's that saying?

Oh please. I just asked my friend for a back up pass for my return flight from Asia and I was quoted almost $400.00. That's not free! It was better to get a ZED Fare ticket than your buddypasses. Sorry, I don't buy it!

Oh please. I just asked my friend for a back up pass for my return flight from Asia and I was quoted almost $400.00. That's not free! It was better to get a ZED Fare ticket than your buddypasses. Sorry, I don't buy it!

Buddy passes are not that good of a deal...though $400 for a flight from Asia is not that unreasonable in the grand scheme of things.....

but then again thats not EMPLOYEE/immediate family pass travel which is a decent deal.

As stated multiple times before in this thread, free in coach to anywhere in the UAL system. Fees for First and Business.

DC

Incentive to OLD PEOPLE to retire. You get on FIRST after 25 years. If you keep flying,...........you go BEHIND those who have retired, even if you have been flying 40 years and the retired person had 25 years. so RETIRE!

True stuff! Respect the retirees!

amen! :up: :up: :up:

I flew last summer with my family to Vietnam and Hong Kong on the free passes. We got first class for each leg (kids in business....no one is allowed internationally in First under 18 for employees). It was GREAT! Free is good, first class for free is better.

Latest posts

Back