UAL may bid for CAL or DAL

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Form Marketwatch:

"Shares of Continental (CAL) climbed by nearly 8% after Benchmark Co. analyst Helane Becker suggested UAL Corp. (UAUA) could launch a bid for Delta Air Lines Inc. (DALRQ) or announce a merger with Continental.

UAL, United Airline's parent company, is scheduled to make an investor presentation Tuesday, and the company's executives have made no secret of United's desire to play a part in industry consolidation."

So all that Keep Delta My Delta doesn't pretain here. I knew you guys were all full of it.

I would still rather DL go it alone. If that proves to be unobtainable,then anything other than DL/US makes more sense.
If not wanting to merge with US is full of it..., I am full of it.
Take it personally if you wish, and it is obvious you do since you have posted that DL employees hate you, then so be it.

yeah it will make perfect sense when they staple all you guys to the bottom. you guys are so much safer with usairways buying you than any other airline. i cannot understand why our delta friends do not see that. and if ual gets delta . the delta name is gone. so much for that.

No matter what, Delta is gone either whole or in pieces. The company is in play.
Read a pretty good scrawl in the crew room- "Make Delta My Bitc$". I like it.

No matter what, Delta is gone either whole or in pieces. The company is in play.

Really? So you have seen DL's stand alone plan and the creditors committee, including the Delta pilots, has already rejected it in favor of Parker's grand delusion?
Could ya fill all us simple folk down south in?

Does it make you feel good to say that?

The manner in which several US Airways employees have conducted themselves in this forum only reinforces my opinion that Delta and US Airways are culturally incompatible. Our groups obviously have different values and a very different mindset.

I read a pretty good scrawl as well. "US is the industry's two dollar whore and Parker is the pimp."
I like it as well, but it is hardly relevant here.

Simmer down. It could go either way. We know how you both feel but that will NOT change the final decision. Your best bet right now is to look at what happens if things dont go your way. The" What If" scenario or be "proactive."What is your position and is there a chance you would have to relocate? Should you prepare for a job outside the aviation field? The best thing to do is not overreact(speaking as the queen of emotional posters) and look at the worst case scenario and be prepared. There were and are still alot of unknowns in the HP/US merger but I think all employees are beginning to think of US as one company and because this "proposed' merger would be pretty close to the other one I think most employees on the US side would probably understand where you're coming from. If it happens it will be an adjustment but one Im sure all you professionals-even the ones down south-LOL-can handle. Besides I cant wait to see if Luv and I will ever get a chance to be co workers! Regards, mama

Does it make you feel good to say that?

The manner in which several US Airways employees have conducted themselves in this forum only reinforces my opinion that Delta and US Airways are culturally incompatible. Our groups obviously have different values and a very different mindset.
I was riding with a Delta cockpit crew to the hotel in ATL during an overnight when things were looking the worst for US. Lets just say that the remarks (values) portrayed by them were telling. I have zero sympathy.

I was riding with a Delta cockpit crew to the hotel in ATL during an overnight when things were looking the worst for US. Lets just say that the remarks (values) portrayed by them were telling. I have zero sympathy.

So one crews opinion has persuaded you to wish ill will towards over 50 thousand others? Maybe it's just me, but it would appear that you are the one overreacting just a tad.
Don't go applying for that diplomat position just yet.

Besides I cant wait to see if Luv and I will ever get a chance to be co workers! Regards, mama

You know Mama, if this goes through I will embrace it as the new Delta and look forward to working with you.
Until then, lets just say I like the way things are. I know that is hard to gather from my posts. :D

You know Mama, if this goes through I will embrace it as the new Delta and look forward to working with you.
Until then, lets just say I like the way things are. I know that is hard to gather from my posts. :D
[/quote]

I figured you out yesterday with some of your posts. Just because we b%$#@ about something doesn't mean we won't make the best of a bad situation. Who knows, in a few years time, when we all have 20/20 hindsight, we all may be singing the praises of Parker & Co. (or the blues). Yesterday in one of my posts I said the true challenge in all of this will be merging the two corporate cultures. We are total opposites. Parker has seriously underestimated this part of the proposal. That's the bigest fear for all of us...both sides.

Luv I'll fly with you too, even buy you a beer. See you guys in SAN at the Hall-Your-Date-Inn on the Bay all of the time.

Back