UAL may make a bid for CAL

Well if you're not trying to be technical try focusing the words "or", "or", "or". you'll notice it puts it into context.

I am not saying I am necessarily correct; but apparently you have not read many agreements of this nature. Why do you think there are so many legal disputes regarding the terms 'or' and the placing of commas?

I am not saying I am necessarily correct; but apparently you have not read many agreements of this nature. Why do you think there are so many legal disputes regarding the terms 'or' and the placing of commas?

Your assumption on what I've read would be incorrect.

While I freely admit there are lawyers who have made careers on defining what "is" is, this situation doesn't seem to be that complex. "OR" is not exclusive. If it had read "AND" it would be.

Broken down it reads you need A or B or C to make this happen. Not, A and B and C.

Lawyers live to make the uncomplicated complicated. They may yet have their chance.

I guess we'll see in time.

As Mr.Kellner has duely noted, NW Golden share is still very much in effect.

So, any United offer will include that consideration. If any combo takes place, I see Cal doing the buying.

On another note Reuters today:

On Friday, the carrier filed papers with the US bankruptcy court saying it plans to hire financial advising company Evercore Group LLC to help it examine “strategic alternatives,â€￾ including the possibility Northwest could merge with another carrier… or even acquire a competing airline, similar to what US Airways is now trying to do with Delta.

“Evercore’s work will be focused on broad strategic alternatives in the airline industry generally,â€￾ Northwest said in a court filing last week, according to Reuters. The airline “selected Evercore because of its experience and qualifications in providing financial advisory services and strategic advice in complex restructurings, mergers and acquisition.â€￾

If the bankruptcy court signs off on the proposal, Northwest would pay Evercore an upfront fee of $275,000, and a monthly fee of $75,000.

If that sounds like a high price to pay for strategic alternative examination, consider that Evercore would also receive a $3 million advisory fee once Northwest emerges from Chapter 11, whether the airline goes ahead with possible merger plans or not.

Should Northwest complete a merger or acquisition of another carrier, Evercore will receive another $2 million on top of that.

Analysts say Northwest’s move could accelerate the game of musical chairs now playing out among domestic airlines. Many suspect that should US Airways not go through with its plan to take over Delta, Northwest would likely be there to pick up the pieces, and make a move on Delta of its own.

Then again, the airline could also set its sights on Continental instead.

Just sorry managment, poor employee morale,kinda reminds me when I was at USAIR!! :down:
The management a CO treats us with pretty much respect. IE: Aircraft go out of checks one time, some early, and look great, fly great!! :up: Most different compaired to USAirways, a manangement that ATLEAST acts like they give a rats ass, also bitching and moaning at CO can hardly be heard unlike the same O'L #### from USAirways!!I can tell A huge diff.as I worked for usair fo 15 yrs. Happy as hell to be gone, but good luck to all of my friends over there at USAir. PEASE OUT B)

Oooook. So US sucked and that means what about United? HA!

fyi Nw = NRT
Ua = ASIA!! & LHR

FYI NW= LARGEST CARRIER TO AISA (and MOST destinations)...fyi, NRT is but one part of ASIA it's not a continent.

UA= Asia PLUS Australia which they LOVE to pretend is ASIA.(australia is a Different continent)