Uni-ted? Or Una-ted

CaptB

Nov 14, 2003
:shock: I was appalled at the thought that anyone would call an airline "Ted". It has not been very long since the airline industry was threatened by Ted Kaczynski - aka the "Unabomber".

The mere fact that this has gone over the heads of United's leadership is even more sad. Millions of dollars are being spent to bring fame to the name Ted. How about the victims of Ted Bundy?

The fact that it is the last 3 letter's in the name United - only reinforces the thought of UNI - TED or UNA - TED. The city of Chicago should be the first to voice opposition - it is the headquaters of UAL and the birthplace of Ted Kaczynski.

Wait a minute CaptB. According to your rationalization, there is probably no combination of letters that would be totally appropriate. Simply consider the way groups of letter characters may translate to mean different things in different languages?

Sorry CaptB, you are being a hindrance - not a solution.

There is a lot more than two Teds out there.

ual06 said:
There is a lot more than two Teds out there.
Like, Ted Hendricks, Ted Danson, Ted Williams, Ted Nugent, Teddy Roosevelt, Ted Knight. Bill and Ted. Why not pay homage to these guys. Name the first aircraft the "Wango Tango", and have Ted Nugent christen it.

Well, well, what do we have here on our board? CaptB is a person who in his anonymity (sp) has a big problem himself. He likes to shout and is obsessed with the dark side. Sorry CaptB I just couldn't resist. :down:

Is every boy or man named TED in this country for for that matter around the world a serial killer or a unibomber? Whatever brought these two to your mind, you have a negative and morbid outlook on things.

Why not try being positive for a change and put a positive spin on TED. TED is fun! TED is cute! TED is going the LAS VEGAS! TED is going to Disneyland! TED is going Hollywood! TED is riding the Phoenix! TED has a rocky mountain high! :up:

I want to know what the big fuss with the TED name is all about because this annoying argument about the name sounds STUPID AND CHILDISH and I have no problem with the name since it sounds better than the following:

Thomas Cook Airlines
Ryan Air
Braniff
Bimibaby
Delsey
Zip
Jazz
Tango
Tower Air
Comair

DCT JVL said:
Like, Ted Hendricks, Ted Danson, Ted Williams, Ted Nugent, Teddy Roosevelt, Ted Knight. Bill and Ted. Why not pay homage to these guys. Name the first aircraft the "Wango Tango", and have Ted Nugent christen it.
I think you're one to something!! An ad campaign that starts with Nugent saying how honored he is that there is now an airline named after him, then someone whispers into his ear, followed by "what do you mean it's the last 3 letters"... A little comedy and the message gets out TED is part of UNITED.

So long as you and I get credit for the ad campaign. :)

Another employee I work with thinks that every time TED pushes back on time, they should play a tape of Ted (Keanu Reeves) from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure saying: "On time departure, excellent!"

I think if TED can capture some creative, positive thinking employees, it would go a long way to creating a viable LCC. We need to ignore the negative thinkers like CaptB. I can be realisitic about UAL management, but it doesn't mean I have to fatalistic. If we all work to support the success of the airline, all of our prospects improve. If we sit around and snipe at every new initiative, failure is inevitable.

In the words of Judge Smails from Caddyshack (played by TED Knight), "The world needs ditchdiggers too". If we're not careful, we may all end up in the market for a ditchdigging job.

Look, you guys can be giddy and excited and give out all the free cheescake you want. All I'm asking for are the tools, equipment, parts and support we need to keep these airplanes flying.

and we're not getting it.

DCT JVL said:
Name the first aircraft the "Wango Tango", and have Ted Nugent christen it.
ROTFLMAO!!! Great idea!

How about every aircraft gets named in relation to someone famous? Just like every jetblew aircraft has the name blue in it.

What are you going to do for Teddy Roosevelt? Name it 'Teddy Bear' and have one of his relatives christen it? Or go with something like 'Mount Rushmore'?

For Ted Williams, how about '9'?

How about Ted Turner? Name one 'Captain Outrageous'? Then have it fly in & out of ATL.

For Ted Hendricks, how about 'Raider One'?

For Ted Koppel, how about 'Red One'? :p

Latest posts