Union Pacific hiring mechanics in LAX, FTW

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
If you're working at AFW and concerned about your seniority, Union Pacific Railroad is willing to consider aircraft mechanics for certain trades.

Diesel shop is located a few blocks southwest of I-30 and University.

-----------------------------------------------

Fort Worth: http://www.unionpacific.jobs/careers/apply/descr.cfm?REQN_NBR=064138
Los Angeles: http://www.unionpacific.jobs/careers/apply/descr.cfm?REQN_NBR=064139

Required Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
Applicants for this position must pass a pre-employment test in English before being allowed to interview. The number of candidates who pass the test and will be granted an interview is based upon hiring needs. If you have taken this test and failed within the last six months, you will not be eligible to apply for this position. Click here to see a sample of the Skilled Craft Battery test.

Verifiable documentation of a minimum of 2 year(s) years of combined mechanical education and work experience with trucks, ships, farm equipment, airplanes, trains OR 2 year(s) years of mechanical work experience OR a current journeyman's mechanical card

Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
Applicants must have an Associates Degree or a certificate in Diesel Technology

Applicant must be able to provide verifiable documentation of a minimum of 4 years of combined mechanical education and work experience with trucks, ships, farm equipment, airplanes, trains OR 4 years of mechanical work experience OR a current journeyman's mechanical card.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the heads up E. I`ll pass it along to my crew.

If you're working at AFW and concerned about your seniority, Union Pacific Railroad is willing to consider aircraft mechanics for certain trades.

Fort Worth: http://www.unionpacific.jobs/careers/apply/descr.cfm?REQN_NBR=064138
Los Angeles: http://www.unionpacific.jobs/careers/apply/descr.cfm?REQN_NBR=064139

Applicants for this position must pass a pre-employment test in English before being allowed to interview. The number of candidates who pass the test and will be granted an interview is based upon hiring needs. If you have taken this test and failed within the last six months, you will not be eligible to apply for this position. Click here to see a sample of the Skilled Craft Battery test.

Verifiable documentation of a minimum of 2 year(s) years of combined mechanical education and work experience with trucks, ships, farm equipment, airplanes, trains OR 2 year(s) years of mechanical work experience OR a current journeyman's mechanical card

Applicant must be able to provide verifiable documentation of a minimum of 4 years of combined mechanical education and work experience with trucks, ships, farm equipment, airplanes, trains OR 4 years of mechanical work experience OR a current journeyman's mechanical card.
They have been hiring A&P's for a long time. I interviewed and was offered but ended up going somewhere else. I know people who went with them. Tough work, shifts, seniority, no sick time and railroad pension.

The electricians have it better than the locomotive shop. They also have a telecom group.

Good luck to all.

They have been hiring A&P's for a long time. I interviewed and was offered but ended up going somewhere else. I know people who went with them. Tough work, shifts, seniority, no sick time and railroad pension.

The electricians have it better than the locomotive shop. They also have a telecom group.

Good luck to all.

Maybe I have to be the bearer of horrifying news, ...............maybe ?
Here at AMTRAK, the Carmen(inspections/brake changes) are represented by...(drum roll please) the TWU :eek:
Although our Loco Mech's/Loco Tech's are IAM.

Also, the RR Biggest boys....B N S F are most likely hiring too.

Yes, Good luck to all !!!!!

Don't worry Bears --- if Mitt cuts off Federal funding for Amtrak, you'll have a chance for the TWU to let you down again.

$25.10 is all you will make. Was told in my interview with UP that 25.10 is the current pay rate until a new contract is voted in with the union.

Wow, nothing has changed with the Railroads. When I applied in 2005 when after I took the street from AA, that was the pay at the time and they said the same thing about raises. While I know everyone needs to work, I just have one question: Why go and work for another company that is still under the RLA? Just thinking out loud........

Gee thanks for your concern. If I wanted to work on diesel mechanic I would have gone to APEX Tech. Why don't YOU go apply!

don't listen to little bitter people. thanks for the info, any info is helpful.

Look who they've got negotiating for them...:-/
Yep...."Idiots Against Mechs".
What it tells me is that the railroad has not had a contract in almost ten years. Again I ask, when you leave a company that is subject to the Railway Labor Act, why would you go work for another company that is subject to the same thing. Why torture yourself?

Latest posts